Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I may have got this wrong but isn't it 5 years ago yesterday when we sacked Souness the day after an abysmal performance at Man City.

Could be argued that the side we put out last night was no better than that of Souness' final game.

• 1 month later...
At the end of the day, he must have known what the situation was when he took the job, which he allegedly knew he was getting weeks before CH was sacked. Not much sympathy coming from my direction for the guy.

Me either btw. I just think he will do the best he can for the reasons given and he isn't the real problem.

• 5 weeks later...

The Stevenage debacle is mainly down to him like, although you could see the reasons for fielding a weakened side at the time. Playing Barton out of position etc. though.

Hugton P16 W5 D4 L7 Pts19

Pardew P16 W4 D6 L6 Pts18

It can be argued that both men should get the Liverpool result so I've given it to neither.

Pardew's not done as badly as I'd thought.

he's not done anything different to Houghton either though, and it's not like he's got a lot of changes to choose from.

Selection and tactics wise we could do it with that squad, team basically picks itself with the lack of viable players.

...and even then he's made some howlers.

I don't think anyone thought he would be "worse" than Houghton really though, we all thought he'd be probably around the same but no better so there was no reason to bring him in, and the main problem of him being a puppet/mouthpiece for the higher ups which he is.

Unless you're Fergie (and even he has waxed lyrical about the Glazers in his time), who isn't ??

There are obviously different levels though, with some managers being given a large degree of autonomy at one end of the scale and the likes of Pardew at the other.

It can be argued that both men should get the Liverpool result so I've given it to neither.

he's not done anything different to Houghton either though, and it's not like he's got a lot of changes to choose from.

Selection and tactics wise we could do it with that squad, team basically picks itself with the lack of viable players.

I don't think anyone thought he would be "worse" than Houghton really though, we all thought he'd be probably around the same but no better so there was no reason to bring him in, and the main problem of him being a puppet/mouthpiece for the higher ups which he is.

I think your wrong. Pardew is willing to make the changes to both personel and tactics where Hughton wouldn't have. We would not have seen Ferguson in the prem, we'd have lost last night because we would of had a defensive set-up which sets the tone. Pardew was brave and changed tactics in a match to three at the back with two wing backs flying up the pitch. CH would never of done it. So to say Pardew does exactly the same, well your wrong.

Give him a proper transfer window, after he's seen good amounts of the players and let's see what happens next season.

Being an non Magpie on here I can honestly say that old rapey has done a lot better then I had expected... however with Pardew he's the type of manager that will always fuck it up at some point.

I think once he's allowed to bring in his own players and make a real mess of it then that's when we'll see all the toon faithful's worries come to fruition.

With Houghton he was building something, I really admired the way he fostered a great team spirit and seemed to have the players all giving 100% for him at all times. Pardew whilst he has had his moments in managment of looking like he might actually be doing something decent, has always without fail messed it all up. I think the main part of that is that he's a bit of a smug cunt, and if things are going well people will play for him and give their all... but once things start going wrong and the players dont like him, then thats when the wheels majorly come off.

Fair play to him he's done decent enough so far, but i'd be surprised if he helps the club progress in the way that it should.

Saying that though I hope i'm wrong despite being a non magpie. The supporters deserve some stability and to re-establish themselves as a premier league fixture... its just a shame Houghton wasn't allowed to continue the job as I think that's where the club had the best chance of doing good things.

Being an non Magpie on here I can honestly say that old rapey has done a lot better then I had expected... however with Pardew he's the type of manager that will always fuck it up at some point.

He's perfect for regime in that case.

I think your wrong. Pardew is willing to make the changes to both personel and tactics where Hughton wouldn't have. We would not have seen Ferguson in the prem, we'd have lost last night because we would of had a defensive set-up which sets the tone. Pardew was brave and changed tactics in a match to three at the back with two wing backs flying up the pitch. CH would never of done it. So to say Pardew does exactly the same, well your wrong.

Give him a proper transfer window, after he's seen good amounts of the players and let's see what happens next season.

Eh? We beat Arsenal away and that wasn't a defensive performance by any stretch. Pardew's little escapades in tactical arseache were ridiculous when he had Lovenkrands out wide and 3 at the back considering it doesn't work anymore. We'd have seen Ferguson under Hughton as well considering the sheer lack of depth tbh, and remember, Pardew has still played Perch a couple of times.

He's done decent enough but it's largely because of the form that Hughton has got out of Barton, Coloccini and Nolan. He has got Best looking like an actual footballer but I think Best had motivated himself and was well up for taking his chance. I think there's some serious revisionist history going around with regards to the job Hughton actually done for us.

• 4 weeks later...

A very big summer coming up for Mr P, but once again he is definitely growing on me some more. Always seems to be talking up our positive approach and going out to win games.

I saw this posted elsewhere which sums it up nicely for me.

I liked what he said pre-match against Man Utd at home. "We should be looking to beat every team at home, and will be looking to beat Man Utd tonight" I like that kind of positivity.

I also liked what I heard today during the match. Pardew could clearly be heard shouting instructions and praise at his players.

Like: "Stay there Shola, that's it, well done, fantastic"

"Great run that Jonas, great effort, well done mate"

"Jose that was great"

"Joey, Joey, that's it, that's what we need, keep going"

I love all that kind of positivity. Anyone remember Souness and Allardyce dishing out abuse and criticism from the touchline. Hate that in a manager.

Pardew got everything right today and tactically out smarted Ancelotti I thought.

I'm also enjoying how we try to pinch the ball back these days, a tactic long forgotten.

He seems to be a players man judging by his intsructions and praise from the touchline.

Since he took over I'm finally now starting to see some positive signs which can only be down to training, tactics and the manager's own personal stamp. I'm talking about our pressing play, our pinching the ball play, our aggression and our positivity.

Pardew as our manager still concerns me mind but he deserves credit where its due.

pardew is a fool an idiot i dont like him and never will the only people i like are those players playing on the pitch getten those goals and wining