Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Probably been mentioned before but apparently Pardew was at some murder mystery team building thing organised by Dekka about 6 months before he got the job so I don't think there's much question of his having shafted Hughton. I heard about this before Pardew got the job as well.

I recall reading on another website that Pardew was negotiating his contract with the club while Hughton was still in his job. I'm not going into the details but it was a very credible source. Pardew subsequently said the first he heard about the job was when Hughton was sacked and the club got in touch. Blatantly an absolute lie and proof, if any were needed, that the man has the morals of an alleycat, the heart of a weasel, and the truthfulness of Reginald Pryor.

Golfmag on N-O :lol:

You always hear of these tales after the event, but Golfmag was telling us weeks if not months before Hughton was sacked that Pardew was incoming.

Oh dear. The links are on this board!!

ALAN PARDEW today laughed off suggestions he is feeling the heat in the Newcastle United hotseat following a tough week in Toon.

Instead, Pardew looked forward to taking the Magpies forward in the next few years – but did hint one of his primary tasks in office was to protect the players he already has at his disposal.

It was Kevin Keegan who said during both of his stints as boss on Tyneside that the reason he walked out was because “it was not like this in the brochure.”

Pardew could be forgiven for thinking likewise in what has been a testing week at the club’s Benton base dominated by Joey-gate.

When asked if he felt like walking away, Pardew laughed off such talk and seemed focused and as hungry as ever.

He told the Chronicle: “This is a club which unfortunately, because of where we are financially, is vulnerable to the big clubs.

“We need to change that, and I have said in three or four years time, with careful rebuilding and hopefully keeping our younger players, we can do that. Only time will tell.”

With work on the transfer front going on behind the scenes, Pardew has again asked fans to judge his team at the end of the summer transfer window.

He added: “This whole pre-season will be judged on August 31 – it will not be now, or against Fiorentina, or against Arsenal or Sunderland.

“On August 31 it will be about who has come into the building and how good we are.”

Yet Pardew admitted it had not been his most enjoyable period as Toon gaffer.

He said: “I cannot say I have enjoyed this week – there have been too many problems to deal with.

“I have wanted to focus on Fiorentina, but unfortunately a lot of my time has been taken up with Joey and the board and trying to resolve things and make sure we are strong enough for the start of the season.

“We have had a terrible week, this week, mostly caused by Twitter, and that is something we have had to address with the players.”

United have banned the use of Twitter to discuss football issues with every player issued with a letter underlining dos and don’ts.

Pardew added: “I spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson yesterday morning to see what they did.

“You are giving out information in a highly emotive state, not just in football clubs, but wherever you work – you can get yourself in trouble.

“One thing that cannot happen anymore is talk about your club – it isinformation for the opposition.

“That is the world we are in – saying ‘I am injured, I am not going to play etc’ is an issue.

“It is a breach of contract, and there will be disciplinary measures – I have to enforce that.

“Every player has had a letter.

“It is not a dictatorship here – you can have Twitter sites but if you are going to mention the football club you are going to incur some discipline.”

Barton would have sat out tomorrow’s game with Fiorentina anyway with a hamstring injury, but United will not field either Steve Harper or Cheick Tiote in the game with the Serie A side.

Tiote has still not been granted his visa from the Ivory Coast Embassy in Ghana and is training with physio Derek Wright in Accra.

United are confident he will be back in time for the opener with Arsenal.

Pardew said: “He is still trying to get his visa. It has nothing to do with the football club – it is nothing to do with the British end.

“We are putting enough pressure on them. It is not ideal.

“Derek is out there and it is the best scenario we can have.

“We have tried to get a local team for him to train with, but it is not working out. We need to make sure it is structured for him.”

3 or 4 years man :lol:

So we're sitting ducks for three or four years, by which time "Pards" will have been sacked anyway. The towel is in me hand some days like.

Probably been mentioned before but apparently Pardew was at some murder mystery team building thing organised by Dekka about 6 months before he got the job so I don't think there's much question of his having shafted Hughton. I heard about this before Pardew got the job as well.

I recall reading on another website that Pardew was negotiating his contract with the club while Hughton was still in his job. I'm not going into the details but it was a very credible source. Pardew subsequently said the first he heard about the job was when Hughton was sacked and the club got in touch. Blatantly an absolute lie and proof, if any were needed, that the man has the morals of an alleycat, the heart of a weasel, and the truthfulness of Reginald Pryor.

You wouldn't expect him to answer that question honestly though would you?

Would you expose your bosses as lying scumbags on day one of the biggest job of your life?

So we're sitting ducks for three or four years, by which time "Pards" will have been sacked anyway. The towel is in me hand some days like.

So. From being a club with the 3rd biggest fanbase and stadium in the country, and the 14th biggest revenue in World Football, and finishing 7th in the premiership only 12 months before he bought the club, we are now 4 years into Mike Ashleys "plan" and they tell us they need another 3 or 4 years [presumably to get us back to even where he bought us in the first place, or not even that, if the comment from his mouthpiece in my sig is anything to go by]?

What a disgrace.

Would you expose your bosses as lying scumbags on day one of the biggest job of your life?

tbh it's easily dealt with. You just say "Look, I'm not going to get into that. Next question." Instead he chose to tell a barefaced lie, because it comes naturally.

Where we are financially? What, turning a profit?

I seem to remember reading somewhere the wages are now at approximately the levels they were 5 or 6 years ago. Surely then with more TV money and the sale of Carroll we must be in the black this year gone. If we're not, we never will be (or I'd like to know how they plan to make us turn a profit or break even in the future if we aren't doing so now).

tbh it's easily dealt with. You just say "Look, I'm not going to get into that. Next question." Instead he chose to tell a barefaced lie, because it comes naturally.

Aye. And I know people have said he can't that be good a liar but have a look at his private life (and the way that crossed over into his professional life) and I'd suggest he can easily lie under pressure.

Edited by alex

Must admit, I think Pardew is getting unfair criticism here to a degree. Not everybody is a Keegan, and prepared to tell the truth. He's only doing his job, and his job is to say what he is saying. He must know deep down that the whole thing stinks, but if he tells the truth he'll get the bullet.

It's only PR.

So. From being a club with the 3rd biggest fanbase and stadium in the country, and the 14th biggest revenue in World Football, and finishing 7th in the premiership only 12 months before he bought the club, we are now 4 years into Mike Ashleys "plan" and they tell us they need another 3 or 4 years [presumably to get us back to even where he bought us in the first place, or not even that, if the comment from his mouthpiece in my sig is anything to go by]?

What a disgrace.

Not one person could criticise anything you've put there. Spot on, sadly fuckin spot on. I'm just sick of being shite, it's not so much looking for light at the end of the tunnel, we're in the tunnel and the money has ran out to finish it off so there'll never be nee light.

Must admit, I think Pardew is getting unfair criticism here to a degree. Not everybody is a Keegan, and prepared to tell the truth. He's only doing his job, and his job is to say what he is saying. He must know deep down that the whole thing stinks, but if he tells the truth he'll get the bullet.

It's only PR.

I think that the evidence pointing towards him being involved in getting Hughton the sack coupled with the fact he knew exactly what he was getting himself is the reason for the criticism and lack of sympathy. Also, there's putting a PR spin on things and there's the blatant telling of lies. That said, I believe the bad things he says :lol:

Ashley knows he fucked up and it has cost him a lot of money- so he has decided the best way to recoup his losses is for Newcastle supporters to pay him back.

Think about the 10 year plan and the February renewal cut-off date.

The most profitable way to run this club is to just about survive year on year with a relatively low wage bill but still with good gates. Ashley believes, and with some evidence, that we will turn up to watch any bunch of mugs in a black and white shirt. If pushing for Europe earns an extra £20m but costs you £30m, then why even attempt it? Just being in the PL gravy boat is enough to keep a skeleton operation running and throwing off £20m a year.

Edited by Matt

Ashley knows he fucked up and it has cost him a lot of money- so he has decided the best way to recoup his losses is for Newcastle supporters to pay him back.

The most profitable way to run this club is to just about survive year on year with a relatively low wage bill but still with good gates. Ashley believes, and with some evidence, that we will turn up to watch any bunch of mugs in a black and white shirt. If pushing for Europe earns an extra £20m but costs you £30m, then why even attempt it? Just being in the PL gravy boat is enough to keep a skeleton operation running and throwing off £20m a year.

That's the long and short of it like :lol:

as I have always said

Spot on.

And to be honest, this is why this is likely going to be my last year on my ST. With train travel, it costs me well over a grand a year and if Ashley is going to decide to do everything on the cheap, so will I and just cherry pick a few games. Might even get the Megabus and sit and the back where it reeks of piss, just to get the full experience.

And to be honest, this is why this is likely going to be my last year on my ST. With train travel, it costs me well over a grand a year and if Ashley is going to decide to do everything on the cheap, so will I and just cherry pick a few games. Might even get the Megabus and sit and the back where it reeks of piss, just to get the full experience.

I take it the supporters club in London doesn't exist anymore [used to do cheap travel?]