Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just struck that NUFC is basically the football version of The Producers. Only any chance of being a hit out of it has quickly been ruined.

I love that film :lol:

Probably been mentioned before but apparently Pardew was at some murder mystery team building thing organised by Dekka about 6 months before he got the job so I don't think there's much question of his having shafted Hughton. I heard about this before Pardew got the job as well.

I recall reading on another website that Pardew was negotiating his contract with the club while Hughton was still in his job. I'm not going into the details but it was a very credible source. Pardew subsequently said the first he heard about the job was when Hughton was sacked and the club got in touch. Blatantly an absolute lie and proof, if any were needed, that the man has the morals of an alleycat, the heart of a weasel, and the truthfulness of Reginald Pryor.

You wouldn't expect him to answer that question honestly though would you?

Would you expose your bosses as lying scumbags on day one of the biggest job of your life?

tbh it's easily dealt with. You just say "Look, I'm not going to get into that. Next question." Instead he chose to tell a barefaced lie, because it comes naturally.

It's naive to think that that response would put an end to the question. It's also naive to think that a million and one managers who have gone before him also haven't fibbed in that situation.

Must admit, I think Pardew is getting unfair criticism here to a degree. Not everybody is a Keegan, and prepared to tell the truth. He's only doing his job, and his job is to say what he is saying. He must know deep down that the whole thing stinks, but if he tells the truth he'll get the bullet.

It's only PR.

I think that the evidence pointing towards him being involved in getting Hughton the sack coupled with the fact he knew exactly what he was getting himself is the reason for the criticism and lack of sympathy. Also, there's putting a PR spin on things and there's the blatant telling of lies. That said, I believe the bad things he says :lol:

so he's a cunt then :lol:

Guest Your Name Here
3 or 4 years man :lol:

So we're sitting ducks for three or four years, by which time "Pards" will have been sacked anyway. The towel is in me hand some days like.

We sold our captain and top scorer to a championship side, is that what Pardew means by being vulnerable to big clubs?

Parker > West Ham

Milner > Villa

Bassong > Spurs

Given > Man City

N’Zogbia > Wigan

Carroll > Liverpool

Nolan > West Ham

Liverpool are historically a bigger club than NUFC but I’ll be fucked if the rest of the above are bigger clubs than NUFC. Fair enough City have oodles of cash but we hardly made them pay top whack for Given.

It’s insulting for Pardew to come out of crap like this. He can fuck right off.

3 or 4 years man :lol:

So we're sitting ducks for three or four years, by which time "Pards" will have been sacked anyway. The towel is in me hand some days like.

We sold our captain and top scorer to a championship side, is that what Pardew means by being vulnerable to big clubs?

Parker > West Ham

Milner > Villa

Bassong > Spurs

Given > Man City

N’Zogbia > Wigan

Carroll > Liverpool

Nolan > West Ham

Liverpool are historically a bigger club than NUFC but I’ll be fucked if the rest of the above are bigger clubs than NUFC. Fair enough City have oodles of cash but we hardly made them pay top whack for Given.

It’s insulting for Pardew to come out of crap like this. He can fuck right off.

indeed - man city might still be paying the installments on the given fee. wasnt there talk of them making the first installment after 6 months, ie nothing up front????

Given was a very bad influence in the dressing room though according to Lee Ryder. He insisted on having an extra stall for his goalkeeping gloves and played rubbish Irish music like Daniel O'Donnel and The Priests at high volumes. He had a crushing effect on morale and as such the club's only option was to sell immediately.

Guest Your Name Here
Given was a very bad influence in the dressing room though according to Lee Ryder. He insisted on having an extra stall for his goalkeeping gloves and played rubbish Irish music like Daniel O'Donnel and The Priests at high volumes. He had a crushing effect on morale and as such the club's only option was to sell immediately.

:lol: Aye, and £12m for Milner was “too good to turn down” - with Villa flogging him to Man City for £26m proving what an astute piece of business it was by NUFC.

:lol: Aye, and £12m for Milner was "too good to turn down" - with Villa flogging him to Man City for £26m proving what an astute piece of business it was by NUFC.

It was too good to turn down at the time, wasn't it?

No-one was to know he'd show such a marked improvement at Villa. Man City tend to pay way over the odds for players.

Some people take the cynicism thing too far.

Milner came on loads when played in a midfield 3 by Villa. That's something that half of this board were calling for months before he was sold. Fat Sam said his best position was left wing.

Guest Your Name Here

:lol: Aye, and £12m for Milner was "too good to turn down" - with Villa flogging him to Man City for £26m proving what an astute piece of business it was by NUFC.

It was too good to turn down at the time, wasn't it?

No-one was to know he'd show such a marked improvement at Villa. Man City tend to pay way over the odds for players.

Some people take the cynicism thing too far.

Milner was a young lad learning his trade when we sold him. Keegan recognised his potential. Ashley saw the money. It may very well end up being a similar story with Andy Carroll.

Guest Your Name Here

The Milner money is a good example of how the club operates. There’s so much uncertainty engulfing the club it’s impossible to work out what the fuck is going on and questions like ‘what happened to the Milner money?’ get lost in the perpetual confusion.

Another issue that has faded away is why the club was insisting on paying in full up front for incoming players when cash flow was ‘allegedly’ a major problem, while at the same time being happy to receive incoming transfer fees in instalments? One answer would be that it helped create the impression the club’s finances were worse than they actually were, thereby making it easy to justify the negative investment in the team when the accounts come out.

I might be wrong but the delay between events and the accounts being published is keeping us one step behind FMA and anybody gullible enough to still be buying the club’s propaganda needs to wise up. If FMA’s intentions were good why would he keep us in the dark?

The Milner money is a good example of how the club operates. There’s so much uncertainty engulfing the club it’s impossible to work out what the fuck is going on and questions like ‘what happened to the Milner money?’ get lost in the perpetual confusion.

Another issue that has faded away is why the club was insisting on paying in full up front for incoming players when cash flow was ‘allegedly’ a major problem, while at the same time being happy to receive incoming transfer fees in instalments? One answer would be that it helped create the impression the club’s finances were worse than they actually were, thereby making it easy to justify the negative investment in the team when the accounts come out.

I might be wrong but the delay between events and the accounts being published is keeping us one step behind FMA and anybody gullible enough to still be buying the club’s propaganda needs to wise up. If FMA’s intentions were good why would he keep us in the dark?

They certainly like to muddy the waters, there's no doubt about that, never call a spade a spade unless its to slag someone. By the way, loved the bit where Pardew's got mike and dekka 'telt' about bringing in new players 'NOW'. Fuck off, man, Pardew you fucking plug. Fools nobody bar a few people who want to believe it.

Guest Your Name Here

They certainly like to muddy the waters, there's no doubt about that, never call a spade a spade unless its to slag someone. By the way, loved the bit where Pardew's got mike and dekka 'telt' about bringing in new players 'NOW'. Fuck off, man, Pardew you fucking plug. Fools nobody bar a few people who want to believe it.

This is what Pardew had to say at the time of his appointment.

“I represent the fans. I'm an employee of the club, but I'll be knocking on the door trying to get the maximum funds I can to make the club the best it can be”

With our net spending standing at minus £37m since he last knocked on that door I’m not sure why he thinks knocking on it again is a good idea. Perhaps he’d be better off jumping off the Redheugh Bridge.

Edited by Your Name Here

“I represent the fans. I'm an employee of the club, but I'll be knocking on the door trying to get the maximum funds I can to make the club the best it can be”

With our net spending standing at minus £37m since he last knocked on that door I’m not sure why he thinks knocking on it again is a good idea. Perhaps he’d be better off jumping off the Redheugh Bridge.

Meeting deep in the SJP corridors;

Dekka: "So basically thats where we are at the minute. Ok, Mike, I'll speak to you tonight, ......yeah, buddy! haha, good one......ok, bye........What?......Barton? Nah, fack 'im Mike.......yeah, ok, bye Mike, bye.......(puts phone down)........so Alan, any ava business before we wrap this up?"

Pards: "I don't suppose we're any further forward on a new player? (gets a stare and a smirk from Dekka) Orite, Del! just asking, hahahaha. I am the fans representitive and all that jazz! Hahahaha........Anyway, Indians or Chinese tonight, really fancy a ruby. I'll say samthin', they can do a good ruby up 'ere."

“I represent the fans. I'm an employee of the club, but I'll be knocking on the door trying to get the maximum funds I can

to make the club the best it can be"

But this time he'll really knock on it. With feeling.

I bet he puts his transfer requests on a bit of paper and shoves them under dekkas door, like Mike Bassett.

Alan Pardew has warned that Newcastle United – a club that once smashed the world transfer record to sign Alan Shearer – can no longer compete financially with the Premier League elite.

The Toon Army are up in arms over the Magpies’ ­failure to use cash from the £35million sale of England striker Andy Carroll to fund big signings this summer.

But Pardew admits that under owner Mike Ashley’s prudent self-sufficiency plan, Newcastle days of splashing out £15m on Alan Shearer and £17m on Michael Owen are consigned to the history books.

Pardew said: “The problem is where we are now financially means that we can never really fulfil the expectations of the fans.

“They have memories of ­European football, but the gap is getting bigger as the years go by. The top clubs are getting an influx of money at Champions League level and we have sovereign states owning football clubs.

“It is becoming difficult to ­compete with the top clubs, but that is not to say we can’t compete at the level we are at. But we are always vulnerable to the bigger clubs, as Andy Carroll proved.

“That makes it difficult to ­manage but not impossible.

“Mike Ashley (left) and Derek Llambias made it quite clear – the club needs to wipe its nose and ­therefore we haven’t got investment above our income.

“That is how Mike wants to run the football club.

“Other clubs spend more than they earn and Manchester City have been able to break into the top four for that reason. They have a sovereign state backing them.

“We can’t compete with that. It is very difficult. We can only ­compete 11 v 11 on a Saturday.”

The Toon boss insists his first big task this season is to get fans talking about football again rather than off-field controversy.

Pardew added: “I hope I can get the club unified again. When the ownership of the football club is

in the forefront of the ­conversation, it is a problem.

“I want people to be talking about the football team here and what the players do on the pitch.”

Pardew will not make predictions on his side’s chances in the new campaign until he manages to strengthen the squad further.

He said: “I’m fairly confident we will get the players in we need. I would like one, or possibly two, in before we play Arsenal.

“The fans have had so many ­broken promises, not just from this ownership but way before that.

“But we have added two or three good players to the group already and we are going to add to that.

“Once we see the team settle down – and I don’t think it will be in the first three or four games if I’m honest – we are going to see a very strong side.”

Like the bit in bold and the overall interview couldnt be any blunter really. He's not hiding nowt. (apart from the £35 mill of course :lol: )

It's well and good saying all that but the problem is we heard that the Carroll money would be reinvested. Selling Carroll was bad enough, but a lot of fans were OK with it in the end as long as the money was put back into getting new players. I can live without big money transfers but as things stand a pathetically low amount of that money will be spent. An inexcusably low amount. Something "Mike and Derek" don't seem aware of is that to improve the team - and in due course, the income - investing in new players is essential. It gets ticket sold and merch bought, it attracts players to the club and it pleases existing squad members.

Once again it begs the question of what we would have done this summer had we not sold Carroll. Nothing, you'd assume. "We haven’t got investment above our income" is a joke too, since as Happy Face posted our net inflow is something like £40m over the years.

Edited by Tecato

It's well and good saying all that but the problem is we heard that the Carroll money would be reinvested. Selling Carroll was bad enough, but a lot of fans were OK with it in the end as long as the money was put back into getting new players. I can live without big money transfers but as things stand a pathetically low amount of that money will be spent. An inexcusably low amount. Something "Mike and Derek" don't seem aware of is that to improve the team - and in due course, the income - investing in new players is essential. It gets ticket sold and merch bought, it attracts players to the club and it pleases existing squad members.

Once again it begs the question of what we would have done this summer had we not sold Carroll. Nothing, you'd assume. "We haven’t got investment above our income" is a joke too, since as Happy Face posted our net inflow is something like £40m over the years.

As I have said many times, the problem for todays premiership owner is that they know there is little point throwing big bucks at the team because it still wont get them anywhere near the Champions League / Big Rewards.

Even getting into the Uefa cup is not worth the investment to get there.

I dont like or agree with that attitude but I cant really see given the current set up how it will change. As AP points out, how are you really going to compete with clubs backed by sovereign states!

Its just becoming less of an attractive gamble to throw money at it.

As I have said many times, the problem for todays premiership owner is that they know there is little point throwing big bucks at the team because it still wont get them anywhere near the Champions League / Big Rewards.

I dont like or agree with that attitude but I cant really see given the current set up how it will change. As AP points out, how are you really going to compete with clubs backed by sovereign states!

Then why bother supporting the Club if that's the attitude you're happy to take?

'Why bother investing, 'cause it ain't gonna get us anywhere!' ????

If that's the attitude of a NUFC supporter, then why bother having anything to do with the club?

The most defeatist attitude I've just about ever read.

Those who were willing to see over the last few years if the Club would grow incrementally, with no need for 20 million pound signings but carefully adding to a squad that was keeping the good players and getting rid of the deadwood, have all been shafted.

The average NUFC supporter could understand the need for SOME financial control ... IF we could see that the club was going forward and growing. That hasn't happened.

Indeed, naught has happened.

We've been fucked over loyally.

Guest Your Name Here

So why bother buying a football club?

Then why bother supporting the Club if that's the attitude you're happy to take?

'Why bother investing, 'cause it ain't gonna get us anywhere!' ????

If that's the attitude of a NUFC supporter, then why bother having anything to do with the club?

The most defeatist attitude I've just about ever read.

Those who were willing to see over the last few years if the Club would grow incrementally, with no need for 20 million pound signings but carefully adding to a squad that was keeping the good players and getting rid of the deadwood, have all been shafted.

The average NUFC supporter could understand the need for SOME financial control ... IF we could see that the club was going forward and growing. That hasn't happened.

Indeed, naught has happened.

We've been fucked over loyally.

You've misread my post accidentally or on purpose.

I said that it's not MY attitude but how I believe most premiership OWNERS view it.

So why bother buying a football club?

Bit of fun, wasn't it!

You're average group of local business men / fans used to be able to buy and run a football club quite easily.

Those days have gone and it's only a worth while venture for super rich groups or Arabs etc. Too much proportion of the money in football goes to players meaning most clubs are either running in debt or only just getting by.

As there is a massive riches gap between the top four and the rest, there is also a massive gap between divisions leading to situations like high paid unwanted players stuck at clubs on big money. See smith or bridge etc.

Something has to give and we can only hope these new financial rules have some effect.