Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This from True Faith sums it up.

The truth is, Pardew is there for a reason. He’s a non-entity of a manager and I doubt any other PL club would have given him a job other than us. In normal circumstances he should not get within an English country mile of the manager’s job at Newcastle United. It is an aberration and he must know it. He has no authority at the club. He will accept any indignity visited upon him by the absent landlords who run our club because he knows he has won the pools getting the Newcastle United gig. Even if it is in name only. His position is being debated amongst Mags in a highly contemptuous manner and if he thinks anyone is falling for his wide boy blather, he is living in a world of his own.

Frankly, I’m bored witless with his bullshit about what we are going to do and what we aren’t going to do. Just fucking do it. As a well known sports brand probably doesn’t say.

Thread finished, CT. :lol:

I think TF is a very one sided negative read these days. I used to pop over to their website and read the main feature, however its now just constant depressive reading tbf.

A lot of crap gets written about AP mainly down to who he works for rather than the bloke himself.

For starters, people slag him off for supposedly been in place for the job before CH got the chop. (he denies of course), but how often when a manager gets the chop do a proper club have someone lined up.

Im sure had Alex Ferguson replaced Fat Sam within an hour we wouldnt have give two shits if he was tapped up in advance.

With regard to Pardew himself, he is working within the set up agreed at the time he was appointed. He is there to get the best out of the players he is given. Not a lot different to many managers apart from a select few.

He seems very passionate about getting things right, the players speak well of him and he isnt afraid to throw youngsters in and make substitutions during the game.

His patter is fine when interviewed and actually adds a bit of character back. He has come across as very honest at the club for example when he talks about the senior management having lied to the fans.

I know its not popular with some, but I like him, particularly given the owner we have.

Its his first full season and he has my full backing (which Im sure he'll appreciate). Thread alive and kicking :icon_lol:

The truth is, Pardew is there for a reason. He’s a non-entity of a manager and I doubt any other PL club would have given him a job other than us. In normal circumstances he should not get within an English country mile of the manager’s job at Newcastle United. It is an aberration and he must know it. He has no authority at the club. He will accept any indignity visited upon him by the absent landlords who run our club because he knows he has won the pools getting the Newcastle United gig. Even if it is in name only. His position is being debated amongst Mags in a highly contemptuous manner and if he thinks anyone is falling for his wide boy blather, he is living in a world of his own.

Frankly, I’m bored witless with his bullshit about what we are going to do and what we aren’t going to do. Just fucking do it. As a well known sports brand probably doesn’t say.

I think TF is a very one sided negative read these days. I used to pop over to their website and read the main feature, however its now just constant depressive reading tbf.

A lot of crap gets written about AP mainly down to who he works for rather than the bloke himself.

For starters, people slag him off for supposedly been in place for the job before CH got the chop. (he denies of course), but how often when a manager gets the chop do a proper club have someone lined up.

Im sure had Alex Ferguson replaced Fat Sam within an hour we wouldnt have give two shits if he was tapped up in advance.

With regard to Pardew himself, he is working within the set up agreed at the time he was appointed. He is there to get the best out of the players he is given. Not a lot different to many managers apart from a select few.

He seems very passionate about getting things right, the players speak well of him and he isnt afraid to throw youngsters in and make substitutions during the game.

His patter is fine when interviewed and actually adds a bit of character back. He has come across as very honest at the club for example when he talks about the senior management having lied to the fans.

I know its not popular with some, but I like him, particularly given the owner we have.

Its his first full season and he has my full backing (which Im sure he'll appreciate). Thread alive and kicking :lol:

sort of what happens when you report on something that is a pile of wank currently

@AP - nope he's a crap manager with a shady past (nothing to do with tapping up), and then he got into bed with the twats above after stabbing a manager in the back... basically he went from frying pan to fire to on the floor buttery side down.

I'm a good liar i could convince people i'm passionate about things, doesn't mean I am.

You liking him says it all.

Says it all really .......

#seething :icon_lol:

That pretty much sums it up for me. Would be delighted if this proves to be wrong.

Good, then you'll agree that he is a cunt puppet.

I'll agree he's a coach that doesnt have the final say on who comes and who goes.....Like most managers.

Most will judge him on how he performs as Manager this season. (all that matters really).

I love the hypocrisy of most mind :icon_lol: ......Pardews a nasty cunt for taking the job and shagging some players wife, yet Barton who brayed a kid within an inch of his life and put a cigar out in a team mates eye is one of the lads. :lol:

Barton has shown remorse. Pardew on the other hand...

If he guides us to a cup/Europe this season then of course all will be forgotten. However, he's starting from a negative position.

I'll agree he's a coach that doesnt have the final say on who comes and who goes.....Like most managers.

Most will judge him on how he performs as Manager this season. (all that matters really).

I love the hypocrisy of most mind :icon_lol: ......Pardews a nasty cunt for taking the job and shagging some players wife, yet Barton who brayed a kid within an inch of his life and put a cigar out in a team mates eye is one of the lads. :lol:

Absolute nonsense. At least most managers in the PL do have the final say, if not complete control over such things.

I think everyone on here knows Barton is a nasty individual, but we need him for his footballing ability. Pardew is both a cunt and a crap manager. He's done OK so far but as far as I'm concerned he could leave tomorrow to be replaced by an inanimate carbon rod and nothing would change.

What other managers are these then?

If he guides us to a cup/Europe this season then of course all will be forgotten. However, he's starting from a negative position.

Speak for yourself there mate tbh.

It would be tainted for me.

Previous chelsea managers have to work with who their given.

Harry has said he doesnt have the final say over who comes and goes.

David moyes just doesnt buy......

There are loads....Its all down to money men, scouts and agents these days.

So 2 examples equates to most eh? Moyes has the final say when they (rarely) sign someone so that's utter bollocks. Redknapp said he would have final say in all transfers when he took the Spurs job, maybe that changed in the meantime but have heard nothing about it.

So 2 examples equates to most eh? Moyes has the final say when they (rarely) sign someone so that's utter bollocks. Redknapp said he would have final say in all transfers when he took the Spurs job, maybe that changed in the meantime but have heard nothing about it.

Well Harry said in relation to the Modric saga that "he had no control over who came in and who goes".... Im sure he has some input, as Pardew will.

The games moved on so much in the last 10-20 years and these days it is all about scouts, money men and the damian comolli's of the football world.

Speak for yourself there mate tbh.

It would be tainted for me.

I guess I'm just fickle/immoral/pragmatic.

We shouldn't forget what has happened in the past but we should embrace progress.

Not that it's likely to come any time soon.

I always thought 'Arry was a 'proper' manager - seems likely to me he would have the final say (and a brown paper bag full of used notes in left luggage at Kings Cross station).

If nothing else, Pardew's record shows him as an average manager at best, he's achieved nothing. Added to that he's a serial liar iin his professional and personal life and has the air of a Walter Mitty about him. To me that means he's got it all to prove for me.

I think the vast majority of managers have the final say in who comes in....they may get stopped by little or no budget, or by spending all of their remaining budget, but they are responsiible for results so (in most cases) its only fair theyve chosen the players to get the results...the exceptions to this if you ask me are whoever is in at Chelsea, Keane at Blackburn and Pardew.

Outgoings are quite often different.....sometimes a club accepts a fee for a player to meet some other financial commitment at the club and then tells the player he's free to speak to the prospective buyer, or the player just wants to leave after being tapped up...often that decison is taken completely out of the managers hands. But you'd expect the former to be a rare occurance at a club of NUFC's size, not to happen twice (at the moment) in a calender year (Carroll, Nolan).

Whichever way you dress it up, Pardew is going to be judged on players others have brought to the club, have his best players sold without his input and has also been mislead about his budget for this season and the control he has been allowed to have over it......not a great deal really is it?

I think the vast majority of managers have the final say in who comes in....they may get stopped by little or no budget, or by spending all of their remaining budget, but they are responsiible for results so (in most cases) its only fair theyve chosen the players to get the results...the exceptions to this if you ask me are whoever is in at Chelsea, Keane at Blackburn and Pardew.

Outgoings are quite often different.....sometimes a club accepts a fee for a player to meet some other financial commitment at the club and then tells the player he's free to speak to the prospective buyer, or the player just wants to leave after being tapped up...often that decison is taken completely out of the managers hands. But you'd expect the former to be a rare occurance at a club of NUFC's size, not to happen twice (at the moment) in a calender year (Carroll, Nolan).

Whichever way you dress it up, Pardew is going to be judged on players others have brought to the club, have his best players sold without his input and has also been mislead about his budget for this season and the control he has been allowed to have over it......not a great deal really is it?

I think its a shit deal for him (that he accepted tbf) but I hope he can do it.