Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we stay up, I imagine every element of the playing/management side of the club will be very heavily reviewed to make sure this never happens again.

Playing staff, coaching staff, tactics, philosophies, policies, attitudes, medical issues etc etc. I doubt things will continue as they have been, with Llambias and Pardew putting it all down to bad luck and not spending in the summer.

I can't see them replacing Pardew but I do hope they - I agree with Tooj wholeheartedly here - add to the coaching staff.

If we stay up, I imagine every element of the playing/management side of the club will be very heavily reviewed to make sure this never happens again.

Playing staff, coaching staff, tactics, philosophies, policies, attitudes, medical issues etc etc. I doubt things will continue as they have been, with Llambias and Pardew putting it all down to bad luck and not spending in the summer.

I can't see them replacing Pardew but I do hope they - I agree with Tooj wholeheartedly here - add to the coaching staff.

There's an "inquest" planned by Ashley for the end of the season, I believe. I'm sure I read that somewhere. The one thing we do know about Ashley is that if he feels people aren't achieving to his standards, he'll soon fuck them off, 8 year contract or not. And I'm certain that, somewhere in that contract, there are goals and targets and if Pardew fails to meet them, he can be chucked for significantly less compensation than 8 years suggests.

It just needs more quality.

When you're playing in the Europa league you need a better squad.

We've played more players than any other club this season...and half of them aren't good enough. Our first team puts others to shame....our subs wouldn't get in most first teams though.

We've played more players than any other club this season...and half of them aren't good enough. Our first team puts others to shame....our subs wouldn't get in most first teams though.

I do think we should be better going forward with the players we do have in that first team though. Sissoko looks completely confused sometimes and I'm not sure how much of that you can put down to fatigue.

I keep comparing this season to the relegation season. We were a mess then. I didn't really like most of our players, the managerial situation was a joke, there were issues behind the scenes, and I couldn't help but feel that the only positive out of getting relegated would be that it would allow us to start afresh.

Things couldn't have worked out any better - we had a very enjoyable season, a loyal hard-working and solid squad, a very likable manager proved his worth, Ashley learned from it, we came straight back up, bought well and ended up back in Europe not long after.

This season is a completely different scenario. There are no positives to be taken out of getting relegated. The club is not in a bad way. It is pretty stable. We have a very good squad of players, many of them internationals. On paper we are simply far too good to go down, and getting relegated would destroy this squad. Spending another season in the Championship is unthinkable and I can't believe we're fighting it again.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

This season has been awful hugely because of lack of summer strengthening but Pardew has had some very suspect games i.e. when Ba left and he played Shola through the middle and Cisse on the wing. If we get relegated it will be because of the lack of strengthening. But if we stay up and next season starts anything like this season then surely Pardew would have to go.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

We are fighting off relegation so I wouldn't say that he's doing a good job.

The players at his disposal for the most part this season have been about that standard. Cabaye can't carry the team and has been out for large chunks, carrying an injury and necking prozac. Cissé has been mis-firing, Tiote out of form and out of the side, Ben Arfa nowhere, Coloccini already back in Argentina. For the rest, excluding the new arrivals, I would say there are better players in many of the positions at clubs around us. I think one of the major problems that the Pardew critics have is that they vastly over rate the quality of our squad. Further, of those who are arguably of top half standard most of them have been out the side and injured. Going off the starting 11s, we have rarely looked definitively better on paper than our opponents.

Hold on though, let's not forget the kids played in a lot of the first half of the Europa.

The players at his disposal for the most part this season have been about that standard. Cabaye can't carry the team and has been out for large chunks, carrying an injury and necking prozac. Cissé has been mis-firing, Tiote out of form and out of the side, Ben Arfa nowhere, Coloccini already back in Argentina. For the rest, excluding the new arrivals, I would say there are better players in many of the positions at clubs around us. I think one of the major problems that the Pardew critics have is that they vastly over rate the quality of our squad. Further, of those who are arguably of top half standard most of them have been out the side and injured. Going off the starting 11s, we have rarely looked definitively better on paper than our opponents.

Most of Pardews critics this season grumble about the over defensive tactics and lack of plan b, not squad.

Posted this on N-O yesterday about how many games our key players have started -

It's all well and good listing off our quality players but when a lot of them have missed nearly half the season it doesn't really look that great, they have started -

Cabaye 18 games - 1 more games than Perch

Tiote 17 games - The same amount of games as Perch

Colocinni - 19 games - 2 more than Williamson

Taylor 17 games - Same as Williamson

Ben Arfa 13 games

Krul 22 games

Anita 17 games

Marveaux 8 games

Obviously they couldn't have played more since they only signed in January, however if you are including them in an argument of what we have done with this squad this season..

Games started -

Debuchy 9

Gouffran 8

Sissoko 8

Yanga-Mbwia 4

Cisse 28 and Santon 30 are the only players who has had a consistent run in the side.

Edited by Gejon

Well done Pardew. We were hungrier than Fulham and deserved the win. Should have been by more than the odd goal too when you look at the chances created. One more win (hopefully against the Mackems) and we're all but safe. Now hopefully we can concentrate on seeing out the rest of the league fixtures with as little pressure as possible and finish up in mid table.

The uefa cup is still salvageable too. Backs will up on the back of this win and we're strong at home lately. Still lots to play for this season.

Hold on though, let's not forget the kids played in a lot of the first half of the Europa.

The first teamers (based on most games played) have nearly all played more games this season than in the whole of last season already. The ones that haven't have been injured...

Santon's played 12 more games

Tiote's played 3 more...and another ACON.

Cisse has played 9 more (including Freiburg)

Your beloved Marveaux has played 23 more

Williamson has played 1 more

Perch 7 more

Sissoko 4 more (inc Toulouse)

I would love us to bring a couple of good technical coaches to help out. Most of all I want to see a fitness coach, some one who knows how to structure a fitness regime that will help alleviate injury problems, especially the hamstring ones we always seem to get.

I would love us to bring a couple of good technical coaches to help out. Most of all I want to see a fitness coach, some one who knows how to structure a fitness regime that will help alleviate injury problems, especially the hamstring ones we always seem to get.

Poor Simon Tweddle :(

Can you imagine if our the majority, if not all our big players were fit for an entire season!

No need to imagine, see last season!

However while injuries have played an important role in screwing us over this season Pards and co. have come up with some infuriating tactics at times which I hope they will learn not to repeat next time around.

I could have said Bigirimana or Amalfitano...you know the approach is to have a punt on players with lower values than their potential suggests, for whatever reason, rather than pay the rate for currently performing targets we need to fill obvious gaps.

You've said yourself...

You've also suggested that Ashley's penny pinching is harming us on the limited coaching staff. So why would he invest more in a manager?

I can see a point whereby lack of faith in Pardew is tested to such a degree that you change your mind on that...I just don't see the massive difference between now and when you were saying the above back in November.

Bigi ffs :lol:

One of the best young players in the league