The Twitter Thread

peasepud

I'm trying to follow him, but I need a request. Does he make all of his 10,000 followers do this? I'm not happy.

Yeah, this is why it is amazing that he's got as many followers as he has... It goes to show just how desperate your average geordie is for football gossip.

@Joseenriqe3

Is genuine. (dodgy spelling due to that name being taken, confirmed by Simpson and a couple of others)

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

One last thing; Shay Given is an Aston Villa player and should be confirmed later today #AVFC #Peaceout

Plenty of success for given at city then! Benched all season then flogged before he can even kick a ball in the champions league ;)

yeh, but he was right that NUFC were going downhill rapidly under Ashley.

think him v harper wouldve been worth a point between january and the seasons end, we wouldnt have gone down.

Hart is slightly better like imo. Has the potential to improve too. Given deserves better than Villa though, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy ;)

Plenty of success for given at city then! Benched all season then flogged before he can even kick a ball in the champions league ;)

Still think he's better than Hart tbh, either way we were worse off without him, and he'd have been worse off staying with us.

Can't really gloat at that, was a good servant for the club, stayed till what could be considered the bitter end for him.

Not really. Barton, Colo, Enrique were the ones that stayed til the bitter end. A season in the championship isnt the be all and end all, especially when you played all 38 games that got us into the championship in the first place. Can't say I have any sympathy for him and he's just another name in a long line of players who were well thought of until they went to a rich club and fucked their careers . . . see Steve Sidwell, Roque Santa Cruz, Joleon Lescott etc.

Still think he's better than Hart tbh, either way we were worse off without him, and he'd have been worse off staying with us.

Can't really gloat at that, was a good servant for the club, stayed till what could be considered the bitter end for him.

Not really. Barton, Colo, Enrique were the ones that stayed til the bitter end. A season in the championship isnt the be all and end all, especially when you played all 38 games that got us into the championship in the first place. Can't say I have any sympathy for him and he's just another name in a long line of players who were well thought of until they went to a rich club and fucked their careers . . . see Steve Sidwell, Roque Santa Cruz, Joleon Lescott etc.

Impossible to say with any surety but, given the situation at the club, I think any of the 3 you mentioned would've left in a heartbeat if Man City had come knocking with a pay increase in either the January Given left or the following summer. Wouldn't you agree?