Shane Ferguson tearing apart international opposition

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's quick, got a good cross on him. Shame he started at left back against Man Utd, he was always going to be in for a hard time in what isnt his best position against a team with numerous class wingers.

Should be dropping Jonas for him in some of the home games against the lesser teams, see how he fairs on the left wing. Did well against Bordeaux and Man Utd (a) in the left wing position.

Id go with that. Put him LM rather than LB for some easier games than Man Utd and then bench Jonas to rest him. See how he gets on. Not every game to piss Jonas off, but at least to give him a crack and see how he gets on.

• 4 weeks later...

Beefed-up Shane Ferguson is living the dream

AFTER a couple of knockout blows, Shane Ferguson is finally starting to punch above his weight at Newcastle United.

The man hailed as an Irish “man of steel” by James Perch last week is set to return to the starting XI for the trip to Club Brugge, and will be looking to consolidate on the advances of his Continental adventures in Belgium.

And despite his diminutive frame, Ferguson is one tough cookie. Bouncing back from two serious injuries to finally make his mark on the Newcastle first team, he will be handed the left midfield role at the Jan Breydal Stadion with a licence to roam again.

He is also hoping to finally swat aside concerns about his physique, having worked hard to improve over the summer.

He said: “Yes, I was put on a diet, but it’s hard to put on weight! I’m working hard with the fitness coach and I think I’m getting bigger and stronger now. I’m getting fitter and looking forward to playing more games.

“Playing in Europe is where I want to be. It is a dream come true and I’m just happy to get any kind of opportunity but to represent Newcastle and to be part of this club’s proud tradition in Europe is exactly what I want. I’m delighted to have had my chance and now it is just about pushing on.

“I’m really grateful to be back in the squad. I’m delighted to get a chance because this is a big year: I’m fit and injury-free. I’ve had too many injuries at tough times really.

“Last season they came at the wrong time, when I just felt like I was getting an opportunity. And then when you don’t get a pre-season you’re always playing catch-up and it’s really tough.”

Ferguson will be deployed in an advanced midfield role tomorrow, backed up by close friend Davide Santon. Alongside him, the Northern Ireland international has been making the most of an opportunity to be pushed forward.

He said: “In training I’ve been working on crosses and delivery for a while. Steve Stone has been taking me for extra sessions and the big thing that I was looking to improve was to try and get more assists and to have more of an impact going forward.

“I’m absolutely delighted that I’ve been able to do that to some extent.”

Shane is a nigga who tried to run game on a nigga. CT buck wild with the trigger! Shane is a nigga who try to run game on a nigga. CT buck- I FUCK yo' ass up! What? HUT ONE, HUT TWO, HUT THREE, HUT! CT the Bastard, live and uncut! Styles unbreakable, shatterproof To the young youth, ya wanna get gun? Shoot! BLAOW! How you like me now? Don't fuck the style. Ruthless wild! Do ya wanna getcha teeth knocked the FUCK out? Wanna get on it like that, well then shout!

Shane is a nigga who tried to run game on a nigga. CT buck wild with the trigger! Shane is a nigga who try to run game on a nigga. CT buck- I FUCK yo' ass up! What? HUT ONE, HUT TWO, HUT THREE, HUT! CT the Bastard, live and uncut! Styles unbreakable, shatterproof To the young youth, ya wanna get gun? Shoot! BLAOW! How you like me now? Don't fuck the style. Ruthless wild! Do ya wanna getcha teeth knocked the FUCK out? Wanna get on it like that, well then shout!

Hahaha

Shame on a nigga who picks an unbalanced first eleven for league matches...

Edited by RobH