Wigan Athletic 0-1 Newcastle Utd

Mac-Toon

Taylor played shit again. Bring back Williamson.

Agree, i thought he was the one weak link at the back. Rushed in possession, every clearance was a long ball where the others tried mostly to play it out.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its strange seeing people complaining about our performance today. We went for all out attack and should have really gone in 5-0, job done and half time.

I cant remember all the goals we could have had in the game, but...

Ameobis early miss

Colochini off the Bar

Taylor off the Bar

Lovenkrands feet tangle

Jonas miss

off the top of my head.

The thing is we didn't score more mainly because our strikers and final ball are piss poor. The only hardlines was Taylor's header - the rest were poor imo.

Agree, i thought he was the one weak link at the back. Rushed in possession, every clearance was a long ball where the others tried mostly to play it out.

That's always been Taylor's game, he has pretty poor vision on the ball which thinking about it really would preclude him from being a decent fullback. Williamson is more or less the same. Coloccini loves to play it out, a little too much for this level where he can't outskill the opposition like he did in the Championship.

Its strange seeing people complaining about our performance today. We went for all out attack and should have really gone in 5-0, job done and half time.

Ameobis early miss

Colochini off the Bar

Taylor off the Bar

Lovenkrands feet tangle

Jonas miss

off the top of my head.

The thing is we didn't score more mainly because our strikers and final ball are piss poor. The only hardlines was Taylor's header - the rest were poor imo.

Hold on, we had enough final balls to miss those above and probably more.

I agree Ameobi and Lovenkrands were poor, but they could have gone in and it was just one of those games.

I still think the overall play / creative play was very good, particularly first half.

Ameobis early miss

Colochini off the Bar

Taylor off the Bar

Lovenkrands feet tangle

Jonas miss

off the top of my head.

I agree Ameobi and Lovenkrands were poor, but they could have gone in and it was just one of those games.

I still think the overall play / creative play was very good, particularly first half.

That's against a shit team though where you should make it count - I'd expect to only get one or two good chances against the better teams and without Carroll we won't score.

That's always been Taylor's game, he has pretty poor vision on the ball which thinking about it really would preclude him from being a decent fullback. Williamson is more or less the same. Coloccini loves to play it out, a little too much for this level where he can't outskill the opposition like he did in the Championship.

I think williamson is tidier in possession to be fair to him. Taylor only just back from injury but im not sure why he's walked straight back into the side. We have looked tightest at the back so far this season if you ask me when the back four has been:

Simpson Williamson Collocini Enrique

Ameobis early miss

Colochini off the Bar

Taylor off the Bar

Lovenkrands feet tangle

Jonas miss

off the top of my head.

Agreed - however i reckon a lot of the complaints (and most certainly my personal fear) is that we didnt take on any of those chances witht he composure that the team needs.

They were great chances definitely, however against a better team we would have had harder work keeping a clean sheet today and those 'chances' would have been the difference between 3 points or nothing.

How many times have we seen Newcastle batter a team all over for the first half, only for a bad ref decision or the one moment of ill concentration / fluke on their part result in us conceding.

For this match we were lucky they were not performing at all really, and that we got the scrappy unlucky to concede goal -however to be comfortable with a premier league position, to keep players and indeed to secure any future chance of glory in any competition, we need to keep more composure with chances that could win us games.

That being said, 3 points is 3 points, and we can go up or down on less, so if we need to win scrappy til we get that composure or depth, then so be it - titles have been won from scrappy matches (look at manure atm) and theres no reason for us to be signalling death knells just yet!

Ameobis early miss

Colochini off the Bar

Taylor off the Bar

Lovenkrands feet tangle

Jonas miss

off the top of my head.

Ameobi had had a good game to be fair, that early miss aside. I think he does better generally when playing as the main striker and getting up for flick ons than trying to play off someone like Carroll. He was equally useless trying to get on to Shearer's flick ons. But he won pretty much everything in the air today that came his way, scored the winner and put himself about - we didn't miss Carroll today thanks to him. I wouldn't have fancied best on from the start, even against a team as crap as wigan.

I think williamson is tidier in possession to be fair to him. Taylor only just back from injury but im not sure why he's walked straight back into the side. We have looked tightest at the back so far this season if you ask me when the back four has been:

Yeah but can he do the block it with yer arm and pretend it hit your chest trick?

This. Taylor plays too far off the ball.

Great result for NUFC despite what some may think. I thought they showed a lot of heart today in their play. Well, most of them at least. Sorely missing in 08/09. We'd have lost this match for sure then.

Edited by Cid_MCDP

Shola/Best/Lovenkrands were all hopeless imo. Ranger must have been shaking his head on the bench

No idea why Best was on rather than Ranger. done fuck all apart from hurt himself due to shock of being on goal.

Jonas and Routledge were both excellent at beating their man/men and getting down the wing, both showed good pace and both fail when it comes to putting a ball in. Shame as if they could both cross they could be lethal.

Shola/Best/Lovenkrands were all hopeless imo. Ranger must have been shaking his head on the bench

No idea why Best was on rather than Ranger. done fuck all apart from hurt himself due to shock of being on goal.

Jonas and Routledge were both excellent at beating their man/men and getting down the wing, both showed good pace and both fail when it comes to putting a ball in. Shame as if they could both cross they could be lethal.

It's cause we're trying to flog him.

To be fair I can understand Pardew wanting a look at them, hopefully he'll have more of an idea as we progress through the season and the likes of Ranger get the chances they deserve.

He wants experience on the pitch at the moment which I can sort of appreciate.

Yeah but can he do the block it with yer arm and pretend it hit your chest trick?

Lol- I liked on the replay that he immediately grabbed his side and winced. I mean, at least Tiote really did get poked in the eye!

To be fair I can understand Pardew wanting a look at them, hopefully he'll have more of an idea as we progress through the season and the likes of Ranger get the chances they deserve.

Does Best have any experience in the Prem?

Does Best have any experience in the Prem?

No, I wasn't thinking of Best when I typed that. He wants a look at him, the likes of Lovenkrands however are probably in there for the sake of experience.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Shola was tremendous the first half, I'm not making excuses for him, I'm his biggest critic, but he's not fully fit and he for once put a good shift in and must've won 80% of all the headers.

What ye should dee next time we're on SKY is watch the game instead of posting in the who's bought what thread.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Shola was tremendous the first half, I'm not making excuses for him, I'm his biggest critic, but he's not fully fit and he for once put a good shift in and must've won 80% of all the headers.

What ye should dee next time we're on SKY is watch the game instead of posting in the who's bought what thread.

:icon_lol:

Tremendous man!

He was offside more than he was on and he missed the 2nd easiest chance he will get all season (He scored the easiest). We might as well buy Samba and hoy him up top like Fat Sam did if we just want someone big to win balls. Means nowt if he can do fuck all with it once its won. Heskey is a world beater in that sense.

Cringeworthy that he did that again today. Not quite as blatant as other earlier efforts but he definitely felt for his chest when it hit his arm.

Shola should have scored that early chance, and really messed up when he had that great touch but didn't put in an easy ball to Nolan/Lovenkrands (I forget who exactly) who would have had only the keeper to beat.

Other than that I was very happy with his performance, really put in a good shift in and his irregular laziness was nowhere to be seen.

Just on the bus coming back now. Great day out. Cracking result. Their fans are shite, tbh. Tiny little singing corner and some cunt with a drum.

Shola done well, despite people scapegoating him, Jonas and Rout. Lovenkrands not so well. Routledge looked dangerous when he came on. Lost count of the number of times he skinned his fan. A bit of work on his crossing and we might have a player.

All in all, fuckin' owa the moon.