Darren Bent Signs for Villa

Tooj

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
24 mill for Bent is a joke. They'd have been better off sticking another 11mill on and trying for Carroll.

35 mill for a wife beating hippy thats done fuck all?

Hes already proved he cant perform at internattional level.

Chelsea fucking backed of becasue 15 mill was to high

:lol::nah::lol::lol::no:pmsl::pmsl:

Proved he can't perform at international level? He was thrown in at the deep end, in one of the worst home England performances in years, 21 years of age, and got man of the match you stupidest of scouse cunts. I'm sure you'd much rather have N'Gog aye? Done fuck all? His first full season in the Premiership and he's second top scorer despite missing games. Even your wind ups are shit.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 mill for Bent is a joke. They'd have been better off sticking another 11mill on and trying for Carroll.

35 mill for a wife beating hippy thats done fuck all?

Hes already proved he cant perform at internattional level.

Chelsea fucking backed of becasue 15 mill was to high

:lol::nah::lol::lol::no:pmsl::pmsl:

Whilst you my friend have proven time and time again that you're an absolute fucking chopper.

You've got nee craic, nobody likes you, you're as thick as mince and you're a lying duckegg n'aal. All makes for a damning appraisal I'm afraid.

I'm sure you'd much rather have N'Gog aye?

I actually had that argument with a Liverpool fan not so long back after he called Carroll shit, he told me he thought N'Gog was better and the lad believed it. It wouldn't surprise me if queen of the spelling bee up there thought the same.

I'm sure you'd much rather have N'Gog aye?

I actually had that argument with a Liverpool fan not so long back after he called Carroll shit, he told me he thought N'Gog was better and the lad believed it. It wouldn't surprise me if queen of the spelling bee up there thought the same.

:lol:

They're as deluded as Tottenham fans. I think N'Gog will go back to France to some team no one apart from Chez has ever heard of. Technically very poor. Rafa made more shit signings than good. For every Alonso there was 5 shit buys.

So mick, what's your honest, unbiased opinion on the sale of Bent to Villa?

I think Villa have been ripped of to be honest. You could of got Robbie Keane or Santa Cruz (players just as good if not better) and still have at least 15 mill for another player. I'm a bit confused about the fee some papers saying 20 mill others 24 mill.

N'Gog will go back to France

He will, for about 2 mill, when the yanks put their hands in their pockets.

So mick, what's your honest, unbiased opinion on the sale of Bent to Villa?

I think Villa have been ripped of to be honest. You could of got Robbie Keane or Santa Cruz (players just as good if not better) and still have at least 15 mill for another player. I'm a bit confused about the fee some papers saying 20 mill others 24 mill.

N'Gog will go back to France

He will, for about 2 mill, when the yanks put their hands in their pockets.

Robbie Keane was almost finished when Liverpool signed him. I guarantee in the last 4 seasons Bent has scored more than Keane and Santa Cruz put together.

Can I just say, after Darren Bent going on and on about moving to a 'massive' club yesterday he's now one of my favourite players.

Bit like saying Kate Moss has absolutely massive tits in my view though.

I really am not going to ridicule the mackems other than the fact racism and fan attitudes have driven him away, they'll likely get the best part of £25m for him, and won't laugh at them till I've seen who they've signed by Feb 1st 2011. They could probably sign someone like Podolski for £10m.

Apparently Stevie might well be wrong unless he has better sources than the Sunderland echo. They want Fuller from Stoke, not Tuncay. And John Carew is their main target, supposedly.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunder...carew_1_2943929

JOHN Carew could be a Sunderland player before the weekend as the club looks to bring in TWO strikers before the transfer window shuts.

Whoever comes in will not be brought in as a direct replacement for Darren Bent – the club accepting that the prolific striker is irreplaceable in the short term.

But Sunderland manager Steve Bruce will be charged with bringing in players who can underpin the club’s push for a strong finish to the season and then, in the summer, look to find a top quality replacement for a forward capable of virtually guaranteeing 20 goals a season.

In the meantime, Bruce will look to make Asamoah Gyan and Danny Welbeck his two first-choice strikers, with new arrivals being asked to provide back-up.

Carew is a definite possibility and has the advantage of being instantly available.

The towering Norwegian international striker has fallen out of favour at Villa Park, has been sparingly used by new Villa boss Gerard Houllier and is free to go.

The arrival of Bent yesterday will push the 31-year-old even further down Villa’s pecking order and Carew, who is out of contract this summer, when he will be able to leave on a free, knows he has no future at the club.

If Sunderland produce an acceptable offer to the Scandinavian, Villa will be happy to get him off the wage bill and the forward’s move could be done in time for him to play at Blackpool on Saturday.

Bruce has not wanted to go down the “big man-little-man” route in terms of his strikers and off-loaded Kenwyne Jones last summer partially for that reason.

But needs must when the devil drives and Carew has the advantage of, potentially, being instantly available and also with bags of Premier League experience.

Whether Carew comes in or not, Sunderland will look to bring in further reinforcements in the short-term.

Cardiff City’s unsettled forward Jay Bothroyd is on the radar and although mention has been made of former Middlesbrough man Tuncay at Stoke City, the reality is that the Turk’s club-mate Ricardo Fuller is actually the Stoke striker Sunderland have in their sights.

These are not the targets that will have Sunderland fans drooling, but no-one who comes in should be seen as Bent’s replacement.

The club is aware there will be no value for money over the next fortnight and is anxious not to panic buy and repent at leisure – the ambitious moves will come in the summer.

Ajax’s highly-rated but unsettled forward Luis Suarez has been mentioned, but there is absolutely no chance of him arriving in the January transfer window.

The unholy triumvirate of Robbie Keane, Michael Owen and John Utaka can be dismissed out of hand.

But the truth is that as well as Carew, Fuller and Bothroyd, Sunderland have a list of targets they are considering in a bid to give themselves short-term solutions to an unexpected problems.

That does not meant that any new signings would not have a future at the club. Any new arrivals will be given chances to prove themselves and become part of the club’s long-term plans.

But having broken the club’s transfer record twice in row over the last couple of summers, Sunderland fans should not be surprised if it gets broken a third time in the summer ahead.

Can I just say, after Darren Bent going on and on about moving to a 'massive' club yesterday he's now one of my favourite players.

Bit like saying Kate Moss has absolutely massive tits in my view though.

I really am not going to ridicule the mackems other than the fact racism and fan attitudes have driven him away, they'll likely get the best part of £25m for him, and won't laugh at them till I've seen who they've signed by Feb 1st 2011. They could probably sign someone like Podolski for £10m.

Its £18 mill. The remainder will only be paid if he comes good. And anyway, £6 million of that is going to Spurs as a sell-on fee.

Steve Bruce launched a stinging attack on Darren Bent, accusing him of cheating Sunderland fans and his team-mates as the England striker completed his record-breaking move to Aston Villa.

Sportsmail can reveal the deal is not even that lucrative for Sunderland because £6million of an £18m fee rising to £24m will go to Tottenham.

They will collect a sell-on fee of around £3m, having offloaded Bent to Sunderland 18 months ago, and also an outstanding payment of £3m on that original deal.

Steve Bruce said he felts "let down" by Bent, but he knows a thing or two about going where the grass in greener. His first job as a manager was with Sheffield United, where he stayed for a grand total of one season before quitting due to a "lack of transfer funds". He lasted a similar amount of time at Huddersfield who accused him of "having an ego to feed".

Bruce's first stint at Wigan looked promising but he duly quit after just two months in charge to join Crystal Palace, where he stayed for a matter of months before walking out again to join Birmingham City.

At Birmingham, Bruce finally showed some loyalty – mainly due to the club's success – and got them promoted to the Premier League before staving off relegation the following campaign. But it wasn't long before his feet were twitching again and when Newcastle (his hometown club) came calling, it looked like Bruce would be off again. Birmingham owner David Sullivan eventually "priced him out of a move" but Bruce's desire was clear.

Bruce eventually left the Blues due to Carson Yeung taking over the club, and he joined Wigan for a second time. Naturally once Sunderland offered him the chance to ply his trade further up the league, Bruce upped and left. The fact that Bruce is a Geordie obviously didn't influence his decision when Sunderland presented him with a bigger and better contract.

Now obviously Bent has joined an out-of-form team in Villa, but he hasn't walked out on a club in the manner that Bruce has so many times before. Sunderland will receive up to £24 million for the striker, a profit of £14m on what they bought him for. Just don't show Bruce where the money is, or Sunderland may have seen the last of him too.