How Many Hours A Night On Average...

JamesD

Do you sleep for? I have got to be the worst sleeper ever, probably only get about 4/5 hours sleep a night. Always seems to be too much on my mind, can't switch off.

Anyone else a bit of an insomniac like me? :lol:

Nah,

Ive had 10 hours the last 2 nights. Too much sleep i've got a headache.

I've been meaning to hit the gym in the mornings and therefore dropping off around 10pm to get up at 6:30 but ended up staying in the comfort of my bed until 8.

I need about 7-8 hours normally.

I sleep through the day because I cant sleep at night.... luckily most of my work shifts are late afternoon so I can do this and get away with it, waste most of my days off sleeping though, need to sort myself out tbh, turning into a miserable cunt who doesnt leave my bedroom :lol:

normally about 4/5, any more and I feel like I'm wasting the day. I'm a proper night owl*

*not in a "Get to those phones" style though

Since I became a housewife I get about 6 hours a night, I go to sleep about 11pm and wake up at 5am and make my wife her lunch and get her a coffee for the commute to work, I'm feeling better for it after having worked 12hr shifts for 15 years.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Average on a work night 7. Average on a weekend 8 and a half. Average when I've been drinking heavily 6. Average if I'm completely stressed or something bad is on my mind 4 (once in a blue moon).

If I get less than 6 hours sleep am no good to anyone.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

If you have a pint of water before bed it helps I find. I feel bad for you Ant, your eyes must look like Karen Matthews'. Oh dear.

Im all over the place! I suppose If I'm off work I get about 8-9 hours, but sometimes wake up feeling groggy cos the tablets I'm on make me sleepy. Other times I seem to have nights when I wake constantly but then drift off again. If its the night after I've worked 3 or 4 night shifts then I can sleep 11 or 12 hours :lol: One night last week I slept from midnight untill 13.30 next day! Im on 3 nights in a row now, I worked last night so I will go to bed about 10ish today and sleep untill 4 or 5 this afternoon. (I hope)! Whats kills me though is if I get over tired and then start to get stressed about needing to sleep as back in work later, I start to get palpitations and then its really hard to drop off.

If you have a pint of water before bed it helps I find. I feel bad for you Ant, your eyes must look like Karen Matthews'. Oh dear.

tbh if i wasn't so used to it i'd be totally fucked, no idea how i manage to play footy a few days a week and concentrate on the work i do.

Ruined the sleeping pattern in college staying up all night playing games/arsing about learning to code, would goto bed about 5, get up at 7 to goto college, rinse repeat every weekday, then out on the weekend and keel over on a Saturday night when i got in.

Best bit of i do sleep when i'm properly stressed out(which like yourself is once in a blue moon) i sleep walk :lol:

Aye I've done that. Did it in a hotel. Came round having a piss in a public toilet on the other side of the hotel when my own room had one. Looked at my watch 01:30. Looks doon fuckin absolutely nothing on, so I'd walked 250 yards through halls and corridors with fuck all on, but bizarely I'd left the door on the hatch when I got back. Was like a commando going back naked hiding behind doors etc.. in case someone seen me. Someone must have on the way there, I'll never know though.

6-7 hours during the week. 8-9 at the weekend.

generally if i've had 7 hours, i'm in good shape though can struggle through a day's work on 4 or 5 hours.....just

You can kiss goodbye to that in a couple of months :lol:

I was the same, around 6.5-7 hours during the week, 9 on weekends. Not any more, 'one up, all up' as my dad used to say.

I went through a period where I was getting 1-2 hours a night a couple of month back and I was hopeless at owt the next day but got myself out of it and have been getting 6-7 hours every night. The difference it makes, man, having a good night's kip. You wake up feeling like King Midas.

I usually go to bed at around 11pm and don't need to get up until after 8am but I always wake 2 or 3 times in the night and take a while to get back to sleep. I probably get 7-8 hours at the moment, which is better than I used to manage. It helps that I exercise more these days so I'm actually tired at night instead of feeling wide awake.

Bed around 12.00, up at 6.00 during the week and bed around 2.00, up around 11.00 - 12.00 at the w/e... plus the odd power nap on the tube unless I'm sitting next to some smelly arsehole like this morning :lol: