Toontastic 1997

Christmas Tree

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
This seems to bethe board that glory glory seems to link to and vice versa when thereare issues affecting the two clubs etc.

Both full of gommels who know very little imo.

I would say 75% of this board either cant remember or werent "into football" before 1990 i would say.

So why do you stay then? Regarding pre 1990, anyone younger than me (very early 30s) isn't going to know anything first hand pre 1990 though you fucking idiot. I hated Spurs from August 1988 when you signed Gazza by the way, and when Waddle scored 7 seconds from the kick off at the Gallowgate.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God this has been a trip down memory lane! I think I was a member of the very old Toontastic then Toonchat. I used HTT too, which I quite liked.

Stevie made a good point about early Toontastic feeling abit 'clicky' as alot of members knew each other and I for one just didnt feel part of it. Its far better in that respect now but I think I will always feel sort of like I'm outside looking in.

I havent been on NO for absolutely ages, I must have a look. I think Im a member, though maybe under my old name of Looneytoon which I used to use many years back on a Freeserve footballchat forum :lol: ( I have people from there on my FB who still remember me first as Looney :rolleyes: ) Oh the memories. We all met in Newcastle one year, went to a match and out on the town that evening, great days. And the main group of us from back then remain friends to this day which I think is remarkable as we all live all over the country.

Is Skunkers still going? I used to post on there but you get so much grief for being a woman :huh: Couple good lads on there though I remember.

I'd go along with that. I got a link to this place to some thread from Paddocklad who I know from another forum which is dying on its arse. Can't remember what is was about now but was impressed with a lot of the posts in it so signed up but I definitely felt this place was a bit clicky, not sure that I'm now used to it or have become 'accepted' so don't notice it as much or if the place is still like this for posters newer than myself.

You're tolerated, just, as a favour to Paddocklad.

:yes

Cheers, Rents.

:angry:

Are you the one with the stained glass windows?

My toleration's wearing thin.

I need admin powers. :angry:

I'll take that as a 'yes'. :(

Funny place this with some good posters, to be fair.

I particularly like that Toughguy kid, the Man U one with the stand up comedy. He's good.

To be honest, it is a good place, what the place needed when I signed up were more working class people, no disrespect to people who were born in Hong Kong or the likes of Renton. You don't want charva's, but you want proper geordies to go alongside people who like debating fine art and dabble in stained glass windows. There's about 15/20 posters came in since 2007 who have given the place a happy balance in that respect. I would implement a few rule changes personally though. If someone is just a thick chavvy cunt, immediate ban, the equilibrium at the moment is good.

Thats me fucked then! :(

Ironing board. Chess board. Blackboard. Am I allowed to say that last one? :lol:

There are some fine people on here. And some not so fine. Clever people. Witty people. Nice people. Not so nice people. From all walks of life. And for the disabled amongst us, all wheelchairs of life. Or motor scooters of life.

I am likee this board :huh: Au revoir.

This seems to bethe board that glory glory seems to link to and vice versa when thereare issues affecting the two clubs etc.

I would say 75% of this board either cant remember or werent "into football" before 1990 i would say.

So why do you stay then? Regarding pre 1990, anyone younger than me (very early 30s) isn't going to know anything first hand pre 1990 though you fucking idiot. I hated Spurs from August 1988 when you signed Gazza by the way, and when Waddle scored 7 seconds from the kick off at the Gallowgate.

Im not saying it is their fault its just they have had their minds twisted by this "football didnt exist before the premier league" that sky pumps us with.

"since the premier league begun" isnt a record FFS. I wouldnt say I am old and that frustrates the sh!t out of me.

Edited by DesperateDannyB

Fuckin Hobbies :lol: Hobbies :huh:

Hobbes man, possibly referring to the philosopher but more than likely of Calvin & fame.

NO was the first forum i ever posted on, TT the second. I only discovered internet forums in 2005 when i moved abroad and couldnt be arsed with foreign telly.

Same here.

The Champions leagueis another one.

Tottenhas debut in Europes top competition according to some.

Er? OK?

You need to look at a clubs history, not since when the prem? champions league begun, ok, Im not talking about when a load of scholars kicked a pig skin around the streets of a town but post war at least.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Im not saying it is their fault its just they have had their minds twisted by this "football didnt exist before the premier league" that sky pumps us with.

"since the premier league begun" isnt a record FFS. I wouldnt say I am old and that frustrates the sh!t out of me.

Well even though you're a mug, I relate to that to a point. I think even away from football, peoples patter is different amongst the younger generation, it's how the world has went imo, every year we're more controlled. The Soccer AM generation I call it, but some younguns have a clue just they're in the minority.

Still if this board is shackled by clueless people as you put it why you still here?

Well even though you're a mug, I relate to that to a point. I think even away from football, peoples patter is different amongst the younger generation, it's how the world has went imo, every year we're more controlled. The Soccer AM generation I call it, but some younguns have a clue just they're in the minority.

Still if this board is shackled by clueless people as you put it why you still here?

I’m not really, my posting has slowed down and I’m getting quite bored now the dust has settled on last week’s game.

There is very little that interests me on here now. The general board is full of people with "a cause" which appears to be just something they read in the guardian and there is very little in the way of football even discussed on the football board.

I will keep an eye out for future inaccuracies about spurs and correct them but that will be it for now.

I first started on toontastic when the link was up on .com. Then the link was taken down and I couldn't find my way back, never thought to bookmarking it. So I dossed about on the 606 board. But it was shite, closed at 7pm and opened at 8am as they wanted it moderated. Got so bad that every message needed approved first. About the time I was getting fed up of the "Would Dyer be better off on the wing?" argument that came up every two days (I was massively against and would be a proper twat to the newbies on the board). I found toontastic again and gave up on 606. I used to "re-broadcast" the coverage on Metro Radio through yahoo messenger for a time until the messenger programme changed and made it more difficult to stream sound. I jusmped at the chance to re-join toontastic after it was set up again, general chat was fine but I didn't like the football board.

I remember signing up when I was about 16 and not posting a lot at all. When I did, it was shite though, being a mouthy 16 year old. This place is class as it is now IMO; some good football chat and some good crack on in General Chat. Top stuff.

we all go through that stage buddy

What a surprise... you're on both!

Wrong again.

I was 'invited' onto it from 606. It's mainly arsenal, man U, chelsea and us.

must admit, the mutual abuse on the old rivals site between supporters of other clubs is what made it interesting sometimes

1964 sonny. Did you see Danny Blanchflower btw ?

I will keep an eye out for future inaccuracies about spurs and correct them but that will be it for now.

spurs are a smaller club than NUFC and Arsenal, and are supported by a bunch of cockney bastards.

I seem to remember joining Toontastic.linuxdriven.net around 2001/2002? And then going over to Toon-Chat after that board went tits up, and finally the N-O disaster before this much more enjoyable board was begun. Back in those days, I was a big poster, IIRC. I can remember fighting with Camil (!) Gemmill, and Alex for top poster position, and being the second to get to 3000 posts. FFS, that seems like ages ago.

Oh, did we ever resurrect the "Gemmill hung like a Chinese Mouse" thread on this board?

Edit: I guess we (I) did. http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=110

Edited by Zathras

First game in 84 age 7. Luckily enough to see Hoddle in action although it is more feelings than memories from those days.

I enjoy your posts Leazes and I certainly wouldnt include you in the gommel catagory. Although you have inherited your fair share of schmeckle stalkers. You wouldnt give some 15 year old the time of day in the pub, why argue the toss on here?

spurs are a smaller club than NUFC and Arsenal, and are supported by a bunch of cockney bastards.

Calling spurs fans "cockneys" is like calling you lot Mackems.

I'm sorry in advance but I've got to say it....I'm glad I'm not No.2 :lol:

System account thankfully :yes

Nicely done. Wonder who number 26 or 262 is? (sons and hubbys race numbers)

26 - Brock Manson (remember when Radgi and TopLass were grooming him? :huh:)

262 - Google.com :angry:

HaHa :( Very apt! Thanks for looking Craig :rolleyes:

First game in 84 age 7. Luckily enough to see Hoddle in action although it is more feelings than memories from those days.

I enjoy your posts Leazes and I certainly wouldnt include you in the gommel catagory. Although you have inherited your fair share of schmeckle stalkers. You wouldnt give some 15 year old the time of day in the pub , why argue the toss on here?

good point, if they were allowed in :huh: but it depends what they say and if I knew them or not. On a message board, you can only go by what they say can't you ?

BTW, I think Glenn Hoddle was an overrated poser, not fit to lace the boots of Bryan Robson or Gazza, but we all have our opinions.

Edit.

Blue bit = yes I realise one or two notable people are stalking me because they are envious of my knowledge and perception :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

Calling spurs fans "cockneys" is like calling you lot Mackems.

I was going to rephrase that post and say Spurs are the mackems of North London, but had to go.