Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Better options would be Podolski (currently at Fc Koln, wages are not massive as he has only ever played in Germany where I would asume they are significantly lower cos they only charge about £15 a game) and then I agree a bigger option. I really like the big man little man combo a la shearer and bellamy but I am struggling to think of a bigger option who isn't gonna cost the earth in wages. We might need a young'un off the continent

Just get some African lads in from France or Holland, cheap as chips.

Hoaru from PSG and Gervinho.

Yeah big hefty African lads or hefty black lads from former Dutch colonies. Or big athletic fit black lads from France or former french colonies..Generally check colonies for fit black lads. Or maybe huge musclular types who can run fast with big grins and wide eyes..Ideally colonial.

Spoken like a true kraut.

Pick ones who've seen snow at least in pictures.

:D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35m in the bank would pull in well in excess of 1 million in 6 months assuming it was all paid up front.

That's enough to buy our current strike force (Ameobi - Free, Lovenkrands - Free, Ranger - Free, Best - 1.5m)

Tax man will have his say in April don't forget.

Which is why we amortise our player assets to produce paper losses, so we can reduce the tax bill.

Is amortisation tax deductible though? Obviously with traditional fixed assets there will be certain capital allowances, I'm not sure how it works with footballers. Can major companies amortise the contracts of their key personnel for tax purposes?

Its a loss in asset value which is part of the profit and loss account. The more asset values are amortised, the more paper loss the club has, the less tax it pays.

Indeed. But depreciation is also included in most companies P&L, even though it isn't tax deductible. Although as I said, the tax system allows for certain capital allowances on machinery purchased.

I believe clubs can reduce their net profit on this basis and therefore pay less tax. You're the accountant though, you tell me!

Not sure if you know, but if a players value is depreciated to £0 over the term of the contract, when they sign a new one I assume they dont revalue the player? as that could increase the bottom line were it needed? I also assume wages isnt taken into account and just taken as an overhead?

Better options would be Podolski (currently at Fc Koln, wages are not massive as he has only ever played in Germany where I would asume they are significantly lower cos they only charge about £15 a game) and then I agree a bigger option. I really like the big man little man combo a la shearer and bellamy but I am struggling to think of a bigger option who isn't gonna cost the earth in wages. We might need a young'un off the continent

Yeah big hefty African lads or hefty black lads from former Dutch colonies. Or big athletic fit black lads from France or former french colonies..Generally check colonies for fit black lads. Or maybe huge musclular types who can run fast with big grins and wide eyes..Ideally colonial.

african-zulu-warriors1.jpg

Get this lot on the bench

african-zulu-warriors1.jpg

Get this lot on the bench

:D

Guest LeazesLad
:lol::o
Dalglish and Carroll.... at a Boyzone gig apparently! :lol:

http://twitpic.com/42by7r

;):blush: surreal and hilarious. Imagine them sitting their humming along to Fly withoot wings.

That's Westlife. Gawd....

Could have had the perhaps more fitting 'Love e for a Reason' or 'Life is a Rollercoaster' ;)

Well a divvint naa them shitey Irish boybands all the fuckin same aren't they.

:lol::o

;):blush: surreal and hilarious. Imagine them sitting their humming along to Fly withoot wings.

Could have had the perhaps more fitting 'Love e for a Reason' or 'Life is a Rollercoaster' :D

That's one of Roland's solo efforts. ;)

:o;)

:blush:;) surreal and hilarious. Imagine them sitting their humming along to Fly withoot wings.

Could have had the perhaps more fitting 'Love e for a Reason' or 'Life is a Rollercoaster' :angry:

That's one of Roland's solo efforts. :D

Ronan? Or this bloke?

Erkan_Mustafa.jpg

:lol:

Edited by alex

:lol::D

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: surreal and hilarious. Imagine them sitting their humming along to Fly withoot wings.

Could have had the perhaps more fitting 'Love e for a Reason' or 'Life is a Rollercoaster' :P

That's one of Roland's solo efforts. B)

Ronan? Or this bloke?

Erkan_Mustafa.jpg

B)

Oh Erkan. :wub:

It's a habit I got from Viz. They had a 'cut out and keep' Take That poster back when they were big the first time and they all had ridiculous/wrong names but Gary Barlow was 'Doughnut'. :lol:

They always cut their heads out really badly too so they looked even more cuntish.

Ah righto. :lol:

Fancy you not picking up on that...!

I haven't read it on a regular basis for about 20 years tbh. Still canny funny when I do have a deek at it like.

:lol::D

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: surreal and hilarious. Imagine them sitting their humming along to Fly withoot wings.

Could have had the perhaps more fitting 'Love e for a Reason' or 'Life is a Rollercoaster' :P

That's one of Roland's solo efforts. B)

Ronan? Or this bloke?

Erkan_Mustafa.jpg

:wub:

Oh Erkan. :P

It's a habit I got from Viz. They had a 'cut out and keep' Take That poster back when they were big the first time and they all had ridiculous/wrong names but Gary Barlow was 'Doughnut'. :lol:

They always cut their heads out really badly too so they looked even more cuntish.

Do you remember the cut-out-and-keep Bros mug featuring Matt, Luke and 'Ken'? B)

Ah righto. :lol:

Fancy you not picking up on that...!

I haven't read it on a regular basis for about 20 years tbh. Still canny funny when I do have a deek at it like.

I was joking mate. I wasn't thinking you could possibly have guessed the reference! :lol:

I do still get the odd annual though and always end up having a chortle at the Top Tips/Letters page. Not as good as it was although that's probably cause smaller things amused me when I was 20, signing on and stoned all the time. :lol: