Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say £35m is too much to knock back, but I'm starting to taste and accept what a weak vulnerable club we are now. I remember when we were strong enough to tell Barca to fuck off for Ginola, and Real to fuck off over Nobby. It is a canny sad neet. Llambias is travelling trying to get a decent loan in. Why don't we just get Podolski? He'd come 100%, or even that Ruiz from Twente.

Very said indeed, especially for those of us who remember the first time round when we always sold our best players and had to accept we were never going to challenge them and be where we should be with the crowds and resources we have.

But we'd all probably have accepted it if previously ashley had shown ambition and he used this to really build a squad, because every player has a price and i'm with you that £35m for Carroll is insane, but as the likelyhood of it all going on players is so low it just depresses you.

What do people make of Bendtner? Seems a donkey one minute, decent the next. £17m.

Not convinced by Elmander/Bothroyd. Carlton Cole/Crouch aren't good enough.

One thing is for sure. Its a step-down.

I still say £35m is too much to knock back, but I'm starting to taste and accept what a weak vulnerable club we are now. I remember when we were strong enough to tell Barca to fuck off for Ginola, and Real to fuck off over Nobby. It is a canny sad neet. Llambias is travelling trying to get a decent loan in. Why don't we just get Podolski? He'd come 100%, or even that Ruiz from Twente.

who will see NUFC as a progressive club now Stevie ?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Stevie, if it was me I'd be bidding 15m for Podolski and 12ish for Anelka.

Instead we'll end up with a no mark mug from Palace or some shite. Sad day.

We'll see. Anelka's not coming here, all the Torres deal means for Chelsea is Kalou spends more time on the bench, Anelka is still an A lister. If you were chairman of the club would you have accepted £35m?

What do people make of Bendtner? Seems a donkey one minute, decent the next. £17m.

Not convinced by Elmander/Bothroyd. Carlton Cole/Crouch aren't good enough.

One thing is for sure. Its a step-down.

I dont think Bendtner is much worse than Caroll, main downside is he just isnt as imposing as he could be and certainly doesnt frighten defenders like AC. Would be surprised if we got anyone even half as good as Bendtner now though.