Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

When I think about it there's not that many players around who are in our level of the market who I think would improve us. I'd be pleased if we got Woody on loan, but that might be me being sentimental.

If you think about the SPL, seriously who is there that would make us better?? The Premiership players who would could cost £10m+, and it's too late to get some cunt from abroad now. I think we're learning to feel like Everton fans have for a decade.

Thats a good shout, still one of the best players to pull on the black and white for me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Journal Journo

Incredible stuff already on Carroll front. Msg has obv got out there somehow that #nufc will do business.. Deserve credit if they keep him

Squeeky bum time.

If we get 35s, I'd probably take it, as long as we sign someone adequate today.

Tbh, this window is/was all about holding onto what we have imo. In the summer it's all about strengthening in addition to that if Ashley does have medium-long term aspirations to take the club forward.

While I agree with that overall, Im still a tad gutted as Mac Toon refers too, that these great scouts who found Ben Arfa and Tiote, didnt have something up their sleeves for January.

I do know its not that easy like as well.

Well the key to those two deals were they were available and willing to come as well.

Journal Journo

Incredible stuff already on Carroll front. Msg has obv got out there somehow that #nufc will do business.. Deserve credit if they keep him

Squeeky bum time.

Theres no way he'll be sold...... now who was it said that again?

Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

'nufc will do business' followed by 'deserve credit if they keep him' Aint that a bit contradictory?

It's all media bollocks. Probably put out by NUFC themselves! I bet 40p Barton was given assurances that AC would not be sold this winter.

Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

:unsure:

Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

Remember 6 months ago when we were screaming for another striker because Carroll wouldn't be able to cut it.

£35m would be a ridiculous amount to turn down like.

True test of Ashley's position.

Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

Alan Pardew :unsure:

Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

Remember 6 months ago when we were screaming for another striker because Carroll wouldn't be able to cut it.

Surely we are not heading to a position of people slagging the board for NOT selling him..... :unsure:

Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

Surely we are not heading to a position of people slagging the board for NOT selling him..... :unsure:

Not at all.

He has to keep him because I don't think there's any chance of him spending that £30 - £35m if we get it.

I feckin hate deadline day - I'm out having me kidneys scanned today so luckily i wont be sat glued to the screen shitting it about us losing any more players.

That being said i really hope we have some kind of announcements to make today with regards to new signings - "We havent lost anyone important and have signed Ireland on Loan" isnt exactly anything to scream about

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Journal Journo

Squeeky bum time.

My main concern even if we got £35m for him is that it sets a precedent that we are seen to be easy pickings for richer more ambitious clubs than ourselves.

£35m is mental money.

We'd need someone high profile to appease the fans if Ashley was going to bite.

Honestly can't think of anyone good enough that would come to replace him.

This is in stark contrast to my thread after the Man City Game in 2008 like :unsure:

1151: Intriguing developments at Newcastle. Manager Alan Pardew was due to hold his pre-match press conference ahead of Wednesday's trip to Fulham at the club's training headquarters at 1400 GMT. This has now been put back to 1530 GMT and will take place at St James' Park. Make of that what you will.

BBC

1151: Intriguing developments at Newcastle. Manager Alan Pardew was due to hold his pre-match press conference ahead of Wednesday's trip to Fulham at the club's training headquarters at 1400 GMT. This has now been put back to 1530 GMT and will take place at St James' Park. Make of that what you will.

BBC

Ireland unveiled.

If we sell to the scousers we're mugs, we're up against them for places especially now they're without Torres. Selling Carroll to them weakens us and strengthens them and with the window about to shut we'd get no one of note in to replace him, if we ever re-invested that money at all that is.

BBC

Ireland unveiled.

Also suggests no-one will be sold by then because I don't think they'd put anyone in the firing line.

BBC

Ireland unveiled.

Also suggests no-one will be sold by then because I don't think they'd put anyone in the firing line.

This, time to shit it is if they cancel press conf