Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not neccessarily a done deal then is it?

?????????

Accepted usually means done, does it not?

No.

Pedantic post of the year award is yours. :)

If Torres was to gan to Chelsea, what d'you think the chances of Anelka becoming available are, maybe even on loan?

I'd take him nee danger, all the talk about 'Le Sulk' is bollox according to those who know him.

Was some talk on the radio about Anelka going the other way although I'm not sure if that was just Lawrenson on about what Liverpool should do.

?????????

No.

Pedantic post of the year award is yours. :)

If Torres was to gan to Chelsea, what d'you think the chances of Anelka becoming available are, maybe even on loan?

I'd take him nee danger, all the talk about 'Le Sulk' is bollox according to those who know him.

I think that part of Anelka is gone. He's been no bother ever since he went to Lolerpool on loan.

£30m for him is nuts. Sell him - seriously.

I would agree, its crazy crazy money.

Harks back to when Man Utd offered us £20m for Dyer and we told them to fuck off.

It's mental that they're prepared to pay only £4m less for Carroll than Barcelona paid for David Villa six months ago.

Keep him. We have no strikers of Premier League quality apart from him and the money would be useless until the summer. Unless he suffers a serious dip in form or injury then we could get similar cash in six months time. There's no rush.

30m won't buy a local player with a love for the club.

... And it won't buy me a new shirt either... So shut it the lot of you.

?????????

No.

Pedantic post of the year award is yours. :unsure:

Was some talk on the radio about Anelka going the other way although I'm not sure if that was just Lawrenson on about what Liverpool should do.

I'd defo like us to test the water if they get Torres. He's a quality player and has shown his class everywhere he's played. I kna' it's a non-starter but it'd be nice to think we'd try these avenues.

One player moving can create a chain reaction as we know and I'd like to believe we're keeping a close eye on things and are ready to move if anyone with class becomes available.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

....AND replace him with who? Personally I'd have had Roque Santa Cruz to replace him, if we got 35-40m, you have to realise average players are going for £20m+ nowadays. More importantly though he doesn't want to go anywhere.

?????????

No.

I'd defo like us to test the water if they get Torres. He's a quality player and has shown his class everywhere he's played. I kna' it's a non-starter but it'd be nice to think we'd try these avenues.

One player moving can create a chain reaction as we know and I'd like to believe we're keeping a close eye on things and are ready to move if anyone with class becomes available.

Yeah, I've always liked him and he still looks the part. Would be class alongside Carroll. Nee chance like but never mind.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Talk on twitter from the Journos is that Liverpool bid 25 mill and newcastle are saying 30 mill rejected, trying to spark an auction.....

Worrying.

Everything has a price and they must have a figure in mind you would have thought.

"Mike" wouldn't do that though would he? :unsure:

Talk on twitter from the Journos is that Liverpool bid 25 mill and newcastle are saying 30 mill rejected, trying to spark an auction.....

Worrying.

Everything has a price and they must have a figure in mind you would have thought.

"Mike" wouldn't do that though would he? :unsure:

We'll see.

But bearing in mind Newcastle fans are talking on here about taking the money, its not a massive leap to see that the club will at a certain price.

Hope the fuckers dont though.

?????????

No.

Yeah, I've always liked him and he still looks the part. Would be class alongside Carroll. Nee chance like but never mind.

We live in hope, eh. ;)

Whilst I'm happy we've tied down Barton and Ben Arfa into longer contracts and a perm deal respectively, I'd still have liked to have seen our manager backed abit more in the market.

He obviously felt upon taking the job that we needed strength in depth, he's told us this, it just seems he's going to have to be content with the odd player here and there. He'll work out by the summer that the lip service he was paid by Ashley when he bought into the dream was far shy of the truth.

I can't see us signing anyone today. Shirley, these scouts who travel the globe should've spotted someone by now and not leave it til the last day if we weren't going to panic buy.

?????????

No.

We live in hope, eh. ;)

Whilst I'm happy we've tied down Barton and Ben Arfa into longer contracts and a perm deal respectively, I'd still have liked to have seen our manager backed abit more in the market.

He obviously felt upon taking the job that we needed strength in depth, he's told us this, it just seems he's going to have to be content with the odd player here and there. He'll work out by the summer that the lip service he was paid by Ashley when he bought into the dream was far shy of the truth.

I can't see us signing anyone today. Shirley, these scouts who travel the globe should've spotted someone by now and not leave it til the last day if we weren't going to panic buy.

Luckily, we dont have too panic buy.