Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

I reckon Ashley and Llambias are looking at this like another gamble. String everyone along until about 11pm to see how high people will raise. I can imagine them sitting together now telling Liverpool to fuck off, hoping for an extra £5 million and so on, telling Pardew any old bollocks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh, this window is/was all about holding onto what we have imo. In the summer it's all about strengthening in addition to that if Ashley does have medium-long term aspirations to take the club forward.

Tbh, this window is/was all about holding onto what we have imo. In the summer it's all about strengthening in addition to that if Ashley does have medium-long term aspirations to take the club forward.

Still reckon we could have found a decent left-back to cover for Enrique. Having said that, I couldn't give you a name.

While I agree with that overall, Im still a tad gutted as Mac Toon refers too, that these great scouts who found Ben Arfa and Tiote, didnt have something up their sleeves for January.

I do know its not that easy like as well.

Signing someone as cover for a singular position is tough work as your average player would only move if they're going to be first choice or could at least be convinced that they are. Easier to bring someone young through the ranks as cover.

#NUFC have said consistently Carroll not for sale this month - Pardew has put credibility on line saying sought & received assurances.

Caulkin

Bit in bold speaks volumes to me. Why include it if you're not considering flogging him in the summer?

Signing someone as cover for a singular position is tough work as your average player would only move if they're going to be first choice or could at least be convinced that they are. Easier to bring someone young through the ranks as cover.

Beardsley feels Shane Ferguson is well on the way to establishing himself as first-choice cover for Jose Enrique at left-back.

Not saying Pardew agrees.

#NUFC have said consistently Carroll not for sale this month - Pardew has put credibility on line saying sought & received assurances.

Caulkin

Bit in bold speaks volumes to me. Why include it if you're not considering flogging him in the summer?

technically, you can do the deal today but complete paperwork tomorrow...February!

:unsure:

Still reckon we could have found a decent left-back to cover for Enrique. Having said that, I couldn't give you a name.

Aye, I think getting some more cover in would've been great and we could've spent a bit wages-wise on a couple of loan signings a la SWP but it was more Carroll and Enrique staying for me.

Fingers crossed :unsure:

Caulkin

technically, you can do the deal today but complete paperwork tomorrow...February!

:unsure:

Indeed.

They have every intention of selling him. And I bet if he does go in the summer it'll be nowhere near £30m.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

When I think about it there's not that many players around who are in our level of the market who I think would improve us. I'd be pleased if we got Woody on loan, but that might be me being sentimental.

If you think about the SPL, seriously who is there that would make us better?? The Premiership players who would could cost £10m+, and it's too late to get some cunt from abroad now. I think we're learning to feel like Everton fans have for a decade.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Journal Journo

Incredible stuff already on Carroll front. Msg has obv got out there somehow that #nufc will do business.. Deserve credit if they keep him

Squeeky bum time.

It's alreet man, if he gans to Liverpool we'll fight tooth and nail to get N'Gog in as part of the deal :unsure:

Edited by Mac-Toon