Fulham vs Newcastle United

Toon_Man

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonas was the biggest example od=f spineless shite and the fact Pardew diddnt drag him off and give Ferguson a shot

Oh fuck right off.

Btw, hope you do put me on ignore your boring tosser. 1600 boring fucking miserable posts! You should be hung from the tyne bridge.

Wow. Chill. It appears even the Ashley-lover has cracked now. ;)

Not cracked, just pissed and pissed off. Normal service will be resumed in the norning.

:icon_lol:

It all be rosey again tomorrow CT. Pards is going to play Ferguson up front to solve our goalscoring problem. :D

Now you are being a fucking drama queen. Not said for one minute that Ferguson should be played up front, but Jonas's crimes against football were bad enough if the first half that we had nothing to lose bringing Fergie on.

As for the second half Jonas was even worse and we did fuck all to improve the situation. Bad management full stop.

I've tried to stay calm but fuck it! What a fucking spineless performance tonight. Only Nolan and Colo came out of that game with any credit for me. Best, Shola and Dutty were fuckin terrible. Best's touch is fucking hopeless. He aint no premier league striker, he aint even a championship striker on that performance.

A relegation battle will now ensue. FUCK!!!!!!!!

Guest Your Name Here
How ironic that losing shola is such a massive blow. Who'd have thought it?

Guthrie and Nolan btw should never play in the middle of a 442 again

Tiote is back tho isn't he?

Until his next ban. Perhaps his habit of getting booked every other game is why he was available for £3m.

Thought this game was typical of a lot of our games this season. Two cautious sides grinding out a game that could have gone either way. Carroll gave us an edge in these contests during the first half of the season. From here on the outcome of these 50/50 games will be down to blind luck.

Pretty sure we’ll scrape another 10 points and stay up. Might be close call if we hit a bad run now though.

From a neutrals point of view, that was an appallingly shit game, that said, Fulham are dire to watch at the best of times.

Was surprised at how poor Enrique was tonight, off game?

Nah, he's shit :D

I don't think anyone's kneejerking tbh. We could still be on this many points 3 games from now. And it's still not enough to stop up. And we don't have a strikeforce worthy of the name.

The reaction to Carroll and thoughts about our long-term prognosis aren't knee jerk, but the reactions to this specific game clearly are. We were mediocre against an in form team, end of. Our record since Caroll got injured shows we have enough to avoid relegation - this time.

To think I used to be the hysterical one. :D

I don't think our record since Carroll got injured shows that we have enough to be honest. It's all about form and that was some good form. Good form isn't permanent and 6 points isn't much at all. The sides below us are all capable of picking up points - there is no Portsmouth, Burnley or Derby this season who look destined for the drop. We lose a few matches and we're in serious trouble, and if it's anything like the last time this happened we'll do well to recover.

Relying on our forward line as it is - and goalscorers from midfield like Nolan - is potential suicide.

Several strikers went out on loan to clubs during the window. Any one of them would have improved us significantly and we should have been in for them regardless of whether Carroll was fit or still our player.

Going to quote NUFC.com here. Sums it up perfectly.

This was the most gutless, clueless and ultimately pointless performance since that fateful day in Birmingham in May 2009 when the threat of relegation became reality.

Suddenly it's difficult to see where our next Premier League point will come from.

United are still in the top half of the table after this defeat but West Ham's win at Blackpool now means we are just six points clear of relegation.

If our owner is gambling that 30 points is already enough, he may need to check his hand again, although sadly it's now too late to twist.

On the evidence of tonight, we're completely fucked.

Jonas was the biggest example od=f spineless shite and the fact Pardew diddnt drag him off and give Ferguson a shot

Oh fuck right off.

Oh say something interesting or relevant. :D

Jonas was far from our worst player out there. Put in a couple of decent crosses and earnt 2 or 3 corners and a couple of free-kicks. If you can't see the value in that then you're as thick as pig shit. Turned the ball over a few times, but who in the team didn't?

As for toting Ferguson as some sort of creative midfield dynamo that would have come on and change things, you're fucking kidding yourself. Bringing him on in that game probably would have done more damage than good for his development. Plus he's being talked about as a left fullback more than a midfielder.

I don't think our record since Carroll got injured shows that we have enough to be honest. It's all about form and that was some good form. Good form isn't permanent and 6 points isn't much at all. The sides below us are all capable of picking up points - there is no Portsmouth, Burnley or Derby this season who look destined for the drop. We lose a few matches and we're in serious trouble, and if it's anything like the last time this happened we'll do well to recover.

Relying on our forward line as it is - and goalscorers from midfield like Nolan - is potential suicide.

Several strikers went out on loan to clubs during the window. Any one of them would have improved us significantly and we should have been in for them regardless of whether Carroll was fit or still our player.

I can see us getting points from the likes of Brum, Wolves, WBA and Everton at home, and we're bound to pick up a few points from other matches. Since Caroll has been out we have beaten Wigan away, slaughtered West Ham, dominated Sunderland and been unfortunate not to take 3 points, and earned a good point against Spurs. Get that same total of points in our next FOURTEEN matches and we are safe. Next season I fear we will go down however unless something radicle changes.

P.S. .com should really learn not to write match reports in the heat of the moment and their view is no more valid than mine or yours.

To be fair we've had other performances this season that were as bad as this. Against Blackburn I'd say it was worse. Carroll and Tiote were there for that one, and Ameobi lasted longer than 10 minutes.

Possible that we come back and play better, but the signs are bad and the squad is bare.

To be fair we've had other performances this season that were as bad as this. Against Blackburn I'd say it was worse. Carroll and Tiote were there for that one, and Ameobi lasted longer than 10 minutes.

Possible that we come back and play better, but the signs are bad and the squad is bare.

This tbh, the where the goals will come from factor is worrying but I still think we're not as bad as others. We've played ok in the games Carroll's been out and we've scored goals in them, the loss of Shola is a big one (did I really just say that :D ) but hopefully we can just keep up the form we've been in (this game aside).

Cant see anything but a relegation scrap at the moment, we have nothing to hang on to, no real positives to take out of this. Amazing how quickly things can change, but why do they always have to change for the worse where we are concerned. Was such a promising season, I think everyone was enjoying the way the team was playing even when we didnt get a good result. Well, thanks again Ashley, you're awesome.

And much of Nolan's effectiveness [ghosting into the box late, and finding space] derives from us being able to create some second phase play in & around the box. That's where Carroll's presence [where he makes it difficult for opposition centrehalves to clear their lines] and his on-field maturity [his all-round outfield & link-up play around the box] under Houghton's tulelage will be sorely missed during the season's final stretch.

Edited by Year Zero

Oh fuck right off.

Oh say something interesting or relevant. :D

Jonas was far from our worst player out there. Put in a couple of decent crosses and earnt 2 or 3 corners and a couple of free-kicks. If you can't see the value in that then you're as thick as pig shit. Turned the ball over a few times, but who in the team didn't?

As for toting Ferguson as some sort of creative midfield dynamo that would have come on and change things, you're fucking kidding yourself. Bringing him on in that game probably would have done more damage than good for his development. Plus he's being talked about as a left fullback more than a midfielder.

His lack of end product is undeniable, but your point [or intimation] is extremely valid. The combination & build-up play involving Collocini, Enrique & Jonas [when Jonas' run & carry is added into the equation] eliminates our sometimes over-reliance on the long-ball pattern of play to a large degree. This is all the more important now ie. without a physical & mobile target-man leading the line down the season's stretch, when relegation slots are in the offering.

But Tiote [as a first receiver through the centre corridor] has been sorely missed re: the above point.

Edited by Year Zero

Without Carroll there's no sense in hoying the ball upfield. Even with him it only really worked if he a good relationship with the person playing off him. With Ameobi now missing there's even less than no sense in the long balls. We're much better off working the ball around on the deck, looking for options through the middle, or getting it wide and trying to draw fouls, get corners or else get in decent crosses. We're occasionally dangerous from set-pieces (in the first half against Fulham Barton put in a good ball that their defender had to head clear), so we may be resigned to hoping to score off them.

While it was frustrating to concede such a soft goal due to Enrique being caught napping the score probably flattered us. We were completely overrun in the middle of the park and offered very little upfront (with very little service into the front two tbf). Factor in that we've lost the only striker left at the club who's looked like he has goals in him over the past 18 months and it looks like a long, hard season from here on in. Tiote can't come back quick enough but we might pay a heavy price for not getting a replacement for Carroll (even if it was only a temporary one).