Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Whilst I'm never one to stem the flow of a Dalglish pile-on, but didn't he sign Solano for us? Pretty sure he did like.

Aye that's an isolated incident of him making a decent foreign signing though. He's stuck in 1985 I think, thinking British clubs have won 7 of the last 9 European Cups why sign some Carlos Kickaball, he doesn't trust them, and they don't understand his shite accent.

Did he sign Suarez? Presumably he'd be ok with a massive racist in any case.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I'm never one to stem the flow of a Dalglish pile-on, but didn't he sign Solano for us? Pretty sure he did like.

Aye, he did. His overall record was poor though (in terms of who he shipped out as well as who he brought in).

I

Not really, it was the injury to Shearer that ruined it for him as he just didn't have the goals in the team without him.

Hamann, Speed, Given and Solano were great signings, I think JDT could have been too if he was played behind Shearer which was apparently what he was bought for.

The only player he sold that went on to play as well was Ginola.

Eh? He ripped the arse out of a team that finished 2nd and finished 13th. Are you on glue? He signed Ian pissing Rush ffs.

As I said, it was the injury to Shearer that fucked him over as it took away our goal threat.

Ginola went on to have a great season with Spurs but Beardsley was practically done, Asprilla was poor most of the time and Ferdinand didn't play anywhere near the standard that he did here again.

I think it was the board who wanted to sell Ferdinand anyway as they put pressure on Keegan to do it too.

Aye, he did. His overall record was poor though (in terms of who he shipped out as well as who he brought in).

I

Not really, it was the injury to Shearer that ruined it for him as he just didn't have the goals in the team without him.

Hamann, Speed, Given and Solano were great signings, I think JDT could have been too if he was played behind Shearer which was apparently what he was bought for.

The only player he sold that went on to play as well was Ginola.

I agree he was unlucky with the Shearer injury but his incomings and outgoings definitely weakened the club. Also, he wanted to play Speed wide left, Hamann as an attacking midfielder and Solano as a no. 10 so I think it's fair to say that his signings not only failed to flourish under him but probaly wouldn't have done so had he stayed (we'll never know though). I don't see Hamann as being a great signing for us either, although he was undoubtedly a good player when deployed just in front of the back four at Liverpool but he was decent for us, nothing more (especially in relation to what went before he arrived).

As I said, it was the injury to Shearer that fucked him over as it took away our goal threat.

Ginola went on to have a great season with Spurs but Beardsley was practically done, Asprilla was poor most of the time and Ferdinand didn't play anywhere near the standard that he did here again.

I think it was the board who wanted to sell Ferdinand anyway as they put pressure on Keegan to do it too.

:lol: right you are, kidda. A competent manager doesn't sell Les Ferdinand and replace him with John Dahl Tommasson if he needs a goal threat. Shearer got injured then he signed Rush and Barnes btw and THEN in January, signed Andreas Andersson. He had plenty of time to look for a good striker and failed at that. The man was confident in those 4 to score goals and that's before you get into how he changed the tactics. If you're trying to use revisionist history to defend Dalglish, there's something seriously off in how you approach football. Gullit and Roeder are far better options for that sort of carry-on.

Hamann, Speed, Given and Solano were great signings

4 out of 30 signings is a disgusting strike rate, mind.

The majority of them were free or for very little to be fair to him and that was to get the bodies in to start up the reserves that Keegan had abandoned.

He had a few other decent players like Dabizas and Ketsbaia.

:lol: right you are, kidda. A competent manager doesn't sell Les Ferdinand and replace him with John Dahl Tommasson if he needs a goal threat. Shearer got injured then he signed Rush and Barnes btw and THEN in January, signed Andreas Andersson. He had plenty of time to look for a good striker and failed at that. The man was confident in those 4 to score goals and that's before you get into how he changed the tactics. If you're trying to use revisionist history to defend Dalglish, there's something seriously off in how you approach football. Gullit and Roeder are far better options for that sort of carry-on.

JDT was bought to play in the hole behind Shearer, it was only after the injury that they tried to convince Ferdinand to stay but he had already given his word to Spurs.

How do you think we would have done if Shearer hadn't got injured with an attack of Shearer, JDT, Speed, Hamann, Lee and Solano?

The majority of them were free or for very little to be fair to him and that was to get the bodies in to start up the reserves that Keegan had abandoned.

Or in the case of a couple, to give the Liverpool old boys one last pay day. Oh, and his son. Whichever way you want to look at it.

He could've played kids in the reserves and not worried about the results for a year or two. But no, he had to get Des Hamilton in to bolster the squad. Ketsbaia and Dabizas were worse than the players we already had as well. The former was fucking shite imo but surely that's moot anyway in a defence of the then manager, given Dalglish didn't want play him while he thought it would be a good idea to play Dabizas in central midfield in the first game of the season against Charlton. I'd almost be inclined to say you're letting your contrary nature and irrational hatred of Keegan get in the way of your good judgement, Baggio. But I won't because that would infer you were capable on that score.

Or in the case of a couple, to give the Liverpool old boys one last pay day. Oh, and his son. Whichever way you want to look at it.

That may be the case but he still needed the bodies in, which is why so many players came in either free or for a small fee.

I think Barnes outscored Asprilla too in the league :lol:

Hamann, Speed, Given and Solano were great signings

4 out of 30 signings is a disgusting strike rate, mind.

Ketsbaia was shite, he was alright off the bench late in games because he was quick, but he couldn't even do it at Wolves and Dundee. Dabizas was great in the air, but shite on the ground, we weren't going to win anything with him.

For me Dalglish was the single worst thing that's ever happened to NUFC, the money he wasted here was just incredible, his just get on with it attitude with players too never works with younguns. That was his attitude for Tomasson, who could've been a decent player long term, just get on with it out of position son, he's doing the same with Henderson now. The Andersson, Serrant, Guivarc'h, Brady deals were and are some of the worst footballing decisions ever made.

He could've played kids in the reserves and not worried about the results for a year or two. But no, he had to get Des Hamilton in to bolster the squad. Ketsbaia and Dabizas were worse than the players we already had as well. The former was fucking shite imo but surely that's moot anyway in a defence of the then manager, given Dalglish didn't want play him while he thought it would be a good idea to play Dabizas in central midfield in the first game of the season against Charlton. I'd almost be inclined to say you're letting your contrary nature and irrational hatred of Keegan get in the way of your good judgement, Baggio. But I won't because that would infer you were capable on that score.

Contrary nature and hatred for Keegan?! :lol:

Keegan got rid of the reserves and Dalglish brought in loads of free and cheap signings to bring it back, is that wrong?

Coming from someone hid behind an alias too :lol:

I thought you used an alias too. Pretending to be black is one thing but trying to make out you're the real Baggio is taking things a bit far, don't you think?

:lol:

Unfortunately Bernard since you seem to know so much about me while I know nothing about you while hiding behind the identity of your new username, I think I'll make use of the functions here and stick you on the ignore list.

Nice try for a bite btw. Chomp.

His three best signings in Speed, Given and Solano were very good though and contributed a huge amount long term but as others have said there were so many poor signings for every good one. Worse still were the players he let go. Also, to say Ferdinand was never the same after leaving us is harsh. He was still a very dangerous striker and Spurs fans remember him very fondly.

Still reckon Souness was far worse than Dalglish though.

Edited by TicTacWoe