Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a rumour about a big bust up between Steve Kean and Paul Robinson, allegedly Yakubu and Hoilett are going to be refusing to play tomorrow. No idea how true it is, guess their squad for tomorrow will tell.

7 Everton P33 Pts 47

19 Blackburn P34 Pts 28

So if my calculations are correct, even with a 4 point handicap, Everton cannot be caught.

I know you're not the sort of fella to welch on a bet so if you could see that £100 makes its way to the SBR Foundation by the end of the season and post up a heartfelt apology to Billy Castell then we'll say no more about it. ;)

Bump. Tight arse.

Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has re-lived the dramatic moment he "died" in front of thousands of stunned football fans and spoken of his "miracle" recovery.

The Premier League star's heart stopped beating naturally for 78 minutes after he collapsed during Bolton's FA Cup quarter-final at Tottenham on 17 March.

But just 40 days after the ordeal he has left the London Chest Hospital to continue his rehabilitation at home - with an electronic device implanted in his chest in case his heart stops again.

In an interview with The Sun, Muamba said: "What happened to me was really more than a miracle.

"On the morning of the game I prayed with my father and asked God to protect me - and he didn't let me down.

"For 78 minutes I was dead and even if I lived was expected to have suffered brain damage. Some one up there was watching over me."

Describing the build-up to his cardiac arrest, he said: "I had no pain whatsoever. No clutching at my chest or tightness. Just an odd feeling that's impossible to explain.

"It wasn't normal dizziness - it was a kind of surreal feeling like I was running along inside someone else's body. Then I started to see double. It was almost like a dream."

Among those who battled to keep him alive wase Dr Andrew Deaner, a cardiologist and Tottenham fan who leapt from his seat in the crowd and rushed on to the pitch.

"It was pure chance that Dr Deaner was in the crowd that day," Muamba added. "I owe him everything."

urgh, i've nothing against people with faith/beliefs but fucking hell

"On the morning of the game I prayed with my father and asked God to protect me - and he didn't let me down"

aye apart from putting you/family/friends through massive trauma and causing football to be cancelled , nevermind the doctor being in the crowd was chance rather than divine planning?

make up your mind

Fuck off Ant, have you been close to death recently?

I'm not religious at all but I'm sick of morons like you decrying people for having faith, and clearly not understanding how people like Muamba believe how God acts through others like his doctors, while not taking anything away from the individuals themselves.

What a spectacularly stupid and cuntish post.

Fuck off Ant, have you been close to death recently?

I'm not religious at all but I'm sick of morons like you decrying people for having faith, and clearly not understanding how people like Muamba believe how God acts through others like his doctors, while not taking anything away from the individuals themselves.

What a spectacularly stupid and cuntish post.

2nd'ed

God, a scizophrenic killer, toying with the life of a man whose faith has never wavered, like a cat with a frog, while leaving a heathen like me perfectly healthy without a day spent in hospital in 33 years.

God, a scizophrenic killer, toying with the life of a man whose faith has never wavered, like a cat with a frog, while leaving a heathen like me perfectly healthy without a day spent in hospital in 33 years.

knock on wood or something man.....thats the very definition of hubris

I still want to know what Muamba thinks the bloke next to him in the hospital who died did wrong that made God not protect him.

(Bloke used for illustration purposes only)

I still want to know what Muamba thinks the bloke next to him in the hospital who died did wrong that made God not protect him.

(Bloke used for illustration purposes only)

He has the right to his faith, what's so wrong about that, if someone was dissing race or homosexuality like you (and others) disparage religion, there'd be fucking hell on.

Monumental double standards

He has the right to his faith, what's so wrong about that, if someone was dissing race or omosexuality like you (and others) disparage religion, there'd be fucking hell on.

Monumental double standards

Like the church ;)