Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Ouch... Was going off max capacity with my own statement. Didn't realise they'd lost so many!

Even Aston Villa have got more through the door than Celtic. To be fair the likes of Leeds and Sheff Wed have been through some shit.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many of the ticket buying supporters who don't turn up at Man U, Arsenal, Celtic and Rangers are just little more than a class down from corporates just buying ST's to ensure that they get to certain games? I'd like to see what Liverpool's police attendances are too. Anyone need anymore proof of the plastic nature of many of the 'glory' teams?

Liverpools attendances have always been based on turnstile clicks, the majority of matches are sold out, ticket wise, weeks before. I've often wondered why they do this as most clubs nowadays base it on tickets sold.

Edited by Pacinofan

2006 Sunderland (a)

4-1 (0-1)

Premiership

Chopra(60), Shearer(61pen),

N'Zogbia(66), Luque(87)

Hoyte(32)

Newcastle secured their biggest away victory against the mackems since 1955, on what was a momentous afternoon for the club.

Deservedly behind at the break, the arrival of Michael Chopra for Lee Clark proved to be the turning point and within seconds, Chops had got us back on terms with his first touch.

A minute later, scorer Hoyte dragged Charles N'Zogbia to the ground and referee Chris Foy rightly pointed to the spot.

That allowed Alan Shearer signed off his derby career with a penalty to wipe out the memory of the one he missed at St. James' and the game was turned on its head.

N'Zogbia waltzed through the home rearguard and shot past Kelvin Davis for 3-1, before Shearer limped off after an accidental clash with Julio Arca left him with a career-ending knee injury.

His replacement Albert Luque then netted his first senior goal for the club to round off an incredible game and leave Glenn Roeder's side in seventh after four successive victories.

:jesuswept:

Manchester United's Michael Carrick has been nominated for the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award.

Gareth Bale, Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez, Eden Hazard and Juan Mata complete the list.

Bale and Hazard are also nominated for the Young Player of the Year award, with Christian Benteke, Romelu Lukaku, Danny Welbeck and Jack Wilshere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22216746

To be honest, I can't think of many players who've been consistently exceptional to warrant such an award this year. It'll be Bale for both I reckon.

Suarez and Mata have both been outstanding.

Suarez isn't exactly high on many peoples Christmas card list and Mata is probably a good shout, but Bale has been consistently excellent,

That doesn't matter though. He has been consistently outstanding. Plus you're saying that about Suarez yet Bale has been booked several times for diving.

That doesn't matter though. He has been consistently outstanding. Plus you're saying that about Suarez yet Bale has been booked several times for diving.

Yeah, but he hasn't been investigated for racism, he isn't roundly disliked like Suarez though, is he?

Given it's a vote, personality will come into it.

:lol: Hasn't Welbeck only got 1 goal? What a joke. Bad craic Michu isn't on there like the blokes been cracking all year. Bale will win the award anyway continuing the jizzfest over him.