Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bellend Yaya is being, like Ant said he's not exactly rushing home now. If he felt so strongly he could have just fucking left, he's a 31 year old man he could have simply said no I'm going to see my brother. What would they have done? Fired him? Maybe he would have got a fine but that's nowt to a bloke as well off as him surely.

Wonga are having to pay £2.5m in compensation to around 45,000 customers after they sent out letters from non-existent law firms, threatening legal action, and in some cases adding charges to customer accounts to cover the cost of the legal threats from these fictitious firms.

Makes you proud to have them on the shirt, doesn't it?

If anyone disapproves of Wonga, but can't be arsed to come up with any answers, feel free to copy and paste, or amend my responses...

Question 5

I would never visit the site so cannot comment

Question 7

Withdraw all corporate crowd related initiatives during the game and allow the fans to organise if they want to arrange anything like that.

It starts with flags and clappers and leads to music being played when we score. This is not Newcastle United. We have fans. The fans sing songs. Simple.

One thing i would like to see is MUCH bigger screens in the concourses under the stands. The existing 25 inch screens are so small as to be almost entirely useless...and most of those screens are occupied with advertising, highlights from the game taking up only a small corner of those tiny screens.

Question 8

Lie low

Question 9

Wonga will never ever have any positive association for any Newcastle fan whatsoever. They pray on the poorest in society and charge usurious rates of interest. It is and will only ever be an embarrassment to have the name on the players' shirts. Nothing you do in the community will ever change that.

If Wonga want to restrict the feelings of embartrassment fans feel then they should never lead on any initiative, they should never emblazon their logo over anything being promoted either. They should only ever promote the fans' rights to organise themselves as they see fit within the stadium. Fans should be permitted to display their own home-made banners without stewards removing them.

:D

The usual hypocritical outpouring today against Wonga. Seems to me that it's the goody two shoe brigade complaining and not the people who are actually very happy customers of there's.

The evil mis selling (there's a kind phrase) banks have caused a lot more harm over the years than Wonga ever will.

As for what they've been fined for today, it's a very common practice that's been / is used by lots of company's chasing debtors.

Let's hang the mis sellers, the credit card givers, the £35 charge for a letter telling you you're overdrawn and remortgage your house and buy a holiday, car, nose job before we get round to poor Wonga.

Some A-Level politics there for us all. Cheers CT. :lol:

People are criticising Wonga for creating fake Law Firms to scare vulnerable people who are already clearly in bother with money. Can you point out a specific person highlighting this issue and tell me what makes their actions 'hypocritical'?

The usual hypocritical outpouring today against Wonga. Seems to me that it's the goody two shoe brigade complaining and not the people who are actually very happy customers of there's.

The evil mis selling (there's a kind phrase) banks have caused a lot more harm over the years than Wonga ever will.

As for what they've been fined for today, it's a very common practice that's been / is used by lots of company's chasing debtors.

Let's hang the mis sellers, the credit card givers, the £35 charge for a letter telling you you're overdrawn and remortgage your house and buy a holiday, car, nose job before we get round to poor Wonga.

Are you not aware that those companies were hung a decade ago and have paid out hundreds of millions for their charges?

Many people on this site have told stories of making their own claims.

Of course, those charges were explicitly stated in the T&Cs for any customers, and they still paid compensation. I don't think Wonga included reference to their make believe lawyers letters when entering into loan agreements.

CT would honestly struggle to be any more of a taxi driver. He's fucking textbook. It's quite incredible. Almost certain that he posts looking at his phone over his shoulder.

He's not a real person. Just a programme Ant created for a laugh.

Are you not aware that those companies were hung a decade ago and have paid out hundreds of millions for their charges?

Many people on this site have told stories of making their own claims.

Of course, those charges were explicitly stated in the T&Cs for any customers, and they still paid compensation. I don't think Wonga included reference to their make believe lawyers letters when entering into loan agreements.

Two points

1. Banks still give out credit cards that lead to far more cases of hardship than Wonga.

2. The fake law firm letters are very common place in lots of company's and are designed to chase money up WITHOUT THE NEED of taking real legal action.

The bottom line is more than 95% of Wongas customers are very happy with the service yet they are held up as worse than Barclays.

It's bollocks.

1. Rapists shouldn't be jailed when there are murderers loose

2. You should report them, the FCA are keen to fine such companies. I doubt you'll know of any actual cases though.

Wonga's 5853% interest rate is the highest the UK has known. If you can find a company providing loans at a higher rate of interest then they might be worse than Wonga, until then, there are no worse lenders.

Two points

1. Banks still give out credit cards that lead to far more cases of hardship than Wonga.

2. The fake law firm letters are very common place in lots of company's and are designed to chase money up WITHOUT THE NEED of taking real legal action.

The bottom line is more than 95% of Wongas customers are very happy with the service yet they are held up as worse than Barclays.

It's bollocks.

:lol: By referring to those as "points", I think you've inadvertently engaged in some mis-selling yourself.

Are you Lee Ryder in disguise?