Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt there's a significant link between life expectancy and how good you are at football.

The first step is undoubtedly the physical attributes which allow someone to be athletic. A lad at work reckons (I have no source, nor am I going to scour the internet for one) that people of African origin generally have quicker reflexes because they have more fast-twitch muscle fibres. In comparison, white British people will have more slow-twitch fibres.

This makes them better sprinters and improves reaction times in situations like turning, dribbling etc.

After that, much is down to upbringing and nurture of talent. South American coaching tends to focus more on ability on the ball and taking players on than an English coach would. I know our school team training sessions consisted mainly of fitness training and stamina building, with about 5-10% of ball practice (which probably explains why we were shite).

Essentially, in the modern day game at the highest level, you need to start off by being an athlete but also be coached into the right habits and techniques while maintaining the fitness levels.

I don't think the standards in the UK have become any worse - it's more that some of the previously lesser nations have overtaken us.

It took you long enough to find a report you think backs your wild generalisations but I don't really think that the level of skill in Scottish football can be simply attributed to poor diet which you claim with the flimsiest of evidence. As per usual you shot your mouth off based on half remembered factoids and personal prejudice.

Are you thick? "Took you long enough", it took me one google you idiot, of course it adds to the fact that they're not producing. If the average kid isn't as healthy and young kids have a greater interest in drugs and drink of course it will effect it. Cities which have the greatest sense of rivalry often produce the best sportsmen and it's not dependent on size neither whether it's Buenos Aires or Glasgow.

If anyone thinks the indutrialised areas of the North of England and the Cental belt of Scotland dont suffer from the same social problems then theyre wandering around both countries with their eyes shut tbh.

Anyone who thinks the social problems on Tyneside, particularly drug related problems are ANYWHERE near the levels of the Central Belt of Scotland hasn't got a clue. I've never known a heroin addict in my life, go to Glasgow they're right there in front of you.

Anyone who thinks the social problems on Tyneside, particularly drug related problems are ANYWHERE near the levels of the Central Belt of Scotland hasn't got a clue. I've never known a heroin addict in my life, go to Glasgow they're right there in front of you.

I have never known a heroin addict in my life.

I still don't.

However in Newcastle I knew quite a few drug dealers. I don't know any in Glasgow.

This is because I looked for them in Newcastle never looked for them here.

I can guarantee there are Heroin addicts in Newcastle probably about the same ratio too. Especially among the very poor. Look at Blyth ffs.

Are you thick? "Took you long enough", it took me one google you idiot, of course it adds to the fact that they're not producing. If the average kid isn't as healthy and young kids have a greater interest in drugs and drink of course it will effect it. Cities which have the greatest sense of rivalry often produce the best sportsmen and it's not dependent on size neither whether it's Buenos Aires or Glasgow.

I'm not thick are you?

I would of thought after your embarrassing breakdown the other day in the "what do you think of everyone" thread you would be doing most of us a favour a keeping quiet for awhile.

Wasn't it clear just watching the games, without the stats to back it up?

The stats back up the facts here though....the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the statistics.

:D

I don't think we were shite defensively last season, as those stats pretty much say we were.

I enjoy reading these kinds of things and find them interesting, but stats never tell the full story.

Guardiola off too...... Bayern Munich! :o

As I said on twitter, Bayern are a plastic club with most of Germany behind them. They have the potential to be the biggest club in the world, and they now have a manager who has been as successful as any other over a short period of time, they could rule world football. Interesting they had no history 40 odd years ago, and were the second team in their own city, just shows what marketing and money can do for you. Maybe Rafa has a chance of keeping the Chelsea job after all too.

I have never known a heroin addict in my life.

I still don't.

However in Newcastle I knew quite a few drug dealers. I don't know any in Glasgow.

This is because I looked for them in Newcastle never looked for them here.

I can guarantee there are Heroin addicts in Newcastle probably about the same ratio too. Especially among the very poor. Look at Blyth ffs.

Same rate as Glasgow???? Are you serious. You say you live in Scotland too?

I would of thought after your embarrassing breakdown the other day in the "what do you think of everyone" thread you would be doing most of us a favour a keeping quiet for awhile.

Would'VE, not would OF. You complete fuckwit. When I think of you which is never to be fair, I picture a humourless Wurzel Gummidge type. Have you even been to Newcastle? You'll have to send me a link to this "breakdown", if you're referring to my tiff with Ant, pipe down son. Don't think, it does you no favours. 5,299 posts, and I can't remember one. That's honest as well, I can't remember anyone even replying to you, you complete dullard insignificance. Edited by McFaul