Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad move, Bayern have an awesome team.

I prefer Dortmund. I haven't watched too much continental football this season but everytime I've seen them I've been impressed.

I'm actually pleased he's gone there. Chelsea sacked their manager, and Man City would have been prepared to sack their manger, just to get Guardiola. It's just plain wrong.

Would'VE, not would OF. You complete fuckwit. When I think of you which is never to be fair, I picture a humourless Wurzel Gummidge type. Have you even been to Newcastle? You'll have to send me a link to this "breakdown", if you're referring to my tiff with Ant, pipe down son. Don't think, it does you no favours. 5,299 posts, and I can't remember one. That's honest as well, I can't remember anyone even replying to you, you complete dullard insignificance.

So predictable, Wurzel Gummidge and have you ever been to Newcastle. Was expecting the "what's your postcode" to be honest.

New number 11 arrived yet?

More than half his usual success rate tbf.

Ho ho ho. Yawn.

You don't think they're a plastic club Meenzer? 1860 were the main club of Munich and Bavaria prior to the late 60's?

Ho ho ho. Yawn.

You don't think they're a plastic club Meenzer? 1860 were the main club of Munich and Bavaria prior to the late 60's?

No, that's the part that was right. Although generally German league football should get a bit of a free pass because of what was going on in the country at that time.

No, that's the part that was right. Although generally German league football should get a bit of a free pass because of what was going on in the country at that time.

I was using "half" metaphorically, but a claimed 12m fans in one country is probably unequalled in Europe.

Bavaria has a population of 12.5 million. :dunno: Not being frivolous or anything, but the federal nature of Germany reflects the fact that the football scene, like everything else in the country, is hugely fragmented by region.

That said, I certainly won't deny Bayern are the go-to choice for football-obsessed kids in towns without a big club throughout the land, just like Man U are here - but their genuine support is hugely localised to the conservative south, even if the absolute numbers are undeniably large when compared with Germany as a whole and (inevitably) with other, smaller European countries.

He's made completely the wrong choice imo. He'll hate it here. Fussy Germans with a deep hatred for Southern Europeans etc...Give it one season before he's out. Even the brute Van Gaal couldn't control the hun menace and constant neurotic self-hatred and obsessions with detail to replace their unloving childhoods.

Edited by Park Life

As I said on twitter, Bayern are a plastic club with most of Germany behind them. They have the potential to be the biggest club in the world, and they now have a manager who has been as successful as any other over a short period of time, they could rule world football. Interesting they had no history 40 odd years ago, and were the second team in their own city, just shows what marketing and money can do for you. Maybe Rafa has a chance of keeping the Chelsea job after all too.

Aye nothing to do with them producing the greatest team in German history either.

Uefa fines Ajax over fan banners critical of money at Man City game

Not only are football fans having to absorb the enormous costs of the modern game, it seems they are now having to be told to keep their mouth shut about it too. Following on from the disquieting story ofManchester City supporters being warned by police to take down banners questioning the price of an away ticket at their recent match at Arsenal (a slogan with no swear words or severe antagonism, by the way), Uefa has fined Ajax €10,000 after their crowd displayed banners about the effects of mega-money in football.

During their Champions League match at home to Manchester City in October, Ajax fans unveiled a banner with the motto "Against Modern Football", beneath a cartoon of a sheik holding a bag embossed with a dollar sign, the image presented as a stop sign with a red line through it. Another slogan read "€80 for the away section is ridiculous", and there were banners with offensive messages aimed at Manchester City, Chelsea, Red Bull Salzburg and Red Bull Leipzig.

City are owned by Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed al-Nahyan, a member of Abu Dhabi's ruling family. Ajax, who last won the European Cup in 1995, have struggled to compete at the top level of the continental game since the arrival of heavy overseas investment at some of the wealthiest clubs in Europe.

Uefa's official stance was that the Dutch club was fined for "display of a provocative and inappropriate banner".