Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got chatting to this Spurs fan tonight that reckoned he'd rather have had those years under keegan that we had, with the champagne football, the second place finishes and becoming everyone's second team - despite not winning anything - than the couple of cups he's seen Spurs win. I told him to fuck off, we have no idea what an open top parade or successful day trip to Wembley feels like. But did he have a point?

Keegan wouldn't get a response?

Not from the current regime he wouldn't, from the supporters I'd say he absolutely would. The best football I've seen in my life at NUFC was through his philosophy.

I meant from the regime.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is not very happy at losing out to Bjorn Borg as Sweden's top sports person of all time.

Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter ranked the top 150 Swedes but placed Ibrahimovic behind five-times Wimbledon winner Borg.

Congratulated by the paper, the PSG striker responded: "Thank you, but to finish second is like finishing last."

Asked for his top Swedes, he replied: "I would have been No 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others."

However, Ibrahimovic admitted that Borg, who also won six French Open titles, was a "cool person" and "a living legend".

Borg dominated Wimbledon for five straight years between 1976 and 1980, before losing to John McEnroe in the 1981 final.

I reckon he says shit like that because it's now part of his 'image'. He can't possibly be that much of a bell end.

I read his autobiography and that's just him. Monumental chip on his shoulder from being poor growing up

Edited by TheRollingStones

I read his autobiography and that's just him. Monumental chip on his shoulder from being poor growing up

Seriously? There's a part of me that really thinks fair play to him on that front, but at the same time that makes him really quite delusional in is self-visualisation. Imagine if that got shattered.

Was the autobiography good?