Birmingham City 0-2 NUFC

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think we need to be focused now on Europe and 7th place. We're 4 points behind Liverpool, and a win against Bolton next week takes us above them and Mackems (if they lose or draw). This could really happen, especially since we only have to play Man Utd and Chelsea from the top 5. The rest of our fixtures are all winable.

ben arfa playing instead of lovenkrands would tranform this side like

Only to the point of being unrecognisable.

And a £10 to £15 mill striker instead of Best for next season. Here's hoping.

Although, once we are truly safe from relegation and we allow ourselves to begin to think the worst is over I'm sure the Fat Cunt will have a surprise for us.

Not only is it vital that we bring in a decent striker next season but it's imperative that we don't sell Tiote or Enrique as the rumours are suggesting!

Yesterday was a superb performance. Brum have been pretty poor all season in my opinion, they were poor v West Ham in the cup games apart from the 45 minutes in the second half of the second leg which was the clincher.

I thought we were comfortable all over the park really, we passed the ball better than them and looked dangerous going forward.

The praise is fair enough but it should take into account how shit they were - which of course is why we "should" be beating them and their ilk given the decent players we have.

Last night was very similar to the Blackburn and Mackem games and to a lesser extent the Fulham game - looking comfortable defensively and dominating the midfield. The difference last night was better final balls and two good finishes - obviously those players can do it but need to either do it more consistently (this season at least) or be replaced.

...and after watching this game I'm glad we weren't in for Bentley. He's a hog who thinks he's better than he is.

Seb Larsson was largely anonymous as well. I have a feeling we may head back there in the summer, though there'll possibly be a little more interest in him from others given that he'll be available on a free. I'd definitely rather we picked up a pacier option to play out wide.

...and after watching this game I'm glad we weren't in for Bentley. He's a hog who thinks he's better than he is.

Seb Larsson was largely anonymous as well. I have a feeling we may head back there in the summer, though there'll possibly be a little more interest in him from others given that he'll be available on a free. I'd definitely rather we picked up a pacier option to play out wide.

Routledge? :)

I really think we need to be focused now on Europe and 7th place. We're 4 points behind Liverpool, and a win against Bolton next week takes us above them and Mackems (if they lose or draw). This could really happen, especially since we only have to play Man Utd and Chelsea from the top 5. The rest of our fixtures are all winable.

:)

Loony indeed! :up:

He means we'll go above Bolton. Daft thing is we'd have been a shoo-in for a European place with one or two better striking options and Ben Arfa not getting injured. I still reckon 9th or 10th is more realistic. Not sure qualifying for Europe would be a good thing with next season in mind.

Edited by alex

He means we'll go above Bolton. Daft thing is we'd have been a shoo-in for a European place with one or two better striking options and Ben Arfa not getting injured. I still reckon 9th or 10th is more realistic. Not sure qualifying for Europe would be a good thing with next season in mind.

It wouldn't be great with the extra fixtures, but would make it easier trying to keep hold of Enrique, Tiote, Barton etc. We lose those three and we will soon struggle.

Loony indeed! :lol:

It wouldn't be great with the extra fixtures, but would make it easier trying to keep hold of Enrique, Tiote, Barton etc. We lose those three and we will soon struggle.

Aye, that's my thinking. It might help us keep them but we might lose some (or all) of them in any case and then have the extra games (because I think we'd progress given the standard early on in the competition). Fortunately I don't think we'll have to worry about it though :up:

I think he means that "we're four points behind Liverpool." and "a win against Bolton next week takes us above Bolton"

Edit I am slooooow

Edited by The Fish

Unfortunately for the Mackems, Bolton, us and anybody else, Liverpool putting someone semi-competent in charge means the top 6 is pretty much set for the rest of the season imo.

7th could potentially get you into Europe though.

Unfortunately for the Mackems, Bolton, us and anybody else, Liverpool putting someone semi-competent in charge means the top 6 is pretty much set for the rest of the season imo.

Without trawling through all the missed opportunities this season, just taking the 6 points we were robbed off by Tottenham, Sunderland and Blackburn and we would already be very comfy in 6th on 41 points.

And as you say, had Carroll and Ben Arfa stayed fit!!!!!!!!!!

Good point about European football possible helping some players to stay a bit longer, however Im pretty much resigned to Tiote and Enrique going in the summer. If a local geordie lad cant resist the big money on offer, then cant see those two doing it.

Its quite staggering that Ashley doesnt seem able to see we were only a few additions away from having a very good team. If he is aware then I think he has underestimated the negative and knock on effect the Carroll sale will have on other players.

Good to see Martins didn't score. Good,solid performance and another clean sheet. I really hope we hang on to our key players and keep the team spirit going into next season. Ben-Arfa back and a few more signings and we are looking good. Hope Ashley can see this tho and not just pound signs and before people start 25 mil for Carroll was fucking mental money, if we get that kind of offer for anyone then its not getting turned down but 10 mil for Chiek or Jose, now fuck off. Also I'm feeling the man love for Colo, looking like a class defender

Without trawling through all the missed opportunities this season, just taking the 6 points we were robbed off by Tottenham, Sunderland and Blackburn and we would already be very comfy in 6th on 41 points.

And as you say, had Carroll and Ben Arfa stayed fit!!!!!!!!!!

Good point about European football possible helping some players to stay a bit longer, however Im pretty much resigned to Tiote and Enrique going in the summer. If a local geordie lad cant resist the big money on offer, then cant see those two doing it.

Its quite staggering that Ashley doesnt seem able to see we were only a few additions away from having a very good team. If he is aware then I think he has underestimated the negative and knock on effect the Carroll sale will have on other players.

Somebody contact Christmas Tree, his account has been hacked

Good to see Martins didn't score. Good,solid performance and another clean sheet. I really hope we hang on to our key players and keep the team spirit going into next season. Ben-Arfa back and a few more signings and we are looking good. Hope Ashley can see this tho and not just pound signs and before people start 25 mil for Carroll was fucking mental money, if we get that kind of offer for anyone then its not getting turned down but 10 mil for Chiek or Jose, now fuck off. Also I'm feeling the man love for Colo, looking like a class defender

totally agree. holding on to our best players is key. the problem is after carroll is everyone knows we'll sell our best players now. i just hope the fat cunt realises that his asset will be more valuable, the more successful it is. i won't grumble too much about the carroll sale if a good chunk of the money is reinvested on quality squad additions and we manage to hold on to the likes of tiote and enrique. it could be a good move - let's face it, carroll was never worth £35m. it'll only be a good move though if he doesn't do what we all expect and continue to take chances on bargain basement signings while offloading our better players whenever the chance to make a profit comes up.

They didn't pay 35 million expecting the finished product. They see what he could be like in a year or two and were ambitious enough to take the gamble. Thats what separates winners from the rest.

that's silly money to pay for potential. That's the kind of fee the best players in the world command. Carroll, for all his potential, surely isn't worth as much as the likes of David Villa yet.

Even 20m would have been a good price for him if you look at it rationally. Not saying I wasn't gutted when he was sold, nor that we won't regret it if the money is reinvested on bargain basement gambles....or not at all

Edited by Dr Gloom

I'd rather have Carroll than Bent today. And Bent was 24 mill. in this crazy market.

If Liverpool get back to winning trophies and Carroll is a big part of it, then he's worth every penny. Sounds to me that Kenny has a plan that is similar to the Toshack/Keegan style. And he's willing to back it with cash.

Meanwhile we hear from Pardew that Lovenkrands and Best show there is life after Carroll.

I heard that when MacDonald left.

I'd rather have Carroll than Bent today. And Bent was 24 mill. in this crazy market.

If Liverpool get back to winning trophies and Carroll is a big part of it, then he's worth every penny. Sounds to me that Kenny has a plan that is similar to the Toshack/Keegan style. And he's willing to back it with cash.

Meanwhile we hear from Pardew that Lovenkrands and Best show there is life after Carroll.

each IF costs £ 17.5 mm

Chelsea's cash, and the little he got from Babel (or was it the other bloke). It wasnt new money.

and what you want Pardew to say??? oh were fucked because they're shit :lol: