New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newcastle1112.jpg

How are we getting a new shirt next season, we only got one this season.

Anyway that shirt looks like Cronulla fuckin Sharks. Terrible. The colour scheme was like that when we were languishing in the second division late 70s.

We're definitely getting a change again this summer. Something written into the Puma contract I believe. I'm sure I've read somewhere that the 2 season home shirt thing is an adidas and NOT Premier League charter.

We're changing. It said as much in the season ticket renewals where it also mentioned that we're releasing a special edition version of the new shirt just for club members.

Evidently, Admiral Sportswear are getting back into the business. They're unveiling the home shirt for my local club tomorrow evening. I'll share pictures when they are available. I'm not sold on them in general, although there's a very strong nostalgia factor in Admiral here in Minnesota, where the Kicks are concerned.

keegan7REX_350x250.jpg

2976utf9bzuht70ulo99vt2wm4a66i-pre.jpg

from .COM...

2011/12 - Strips: all change again

No official news has yet broken, but as well as two new change kits, the second and final season of United's current Puma kit deal will also see a new home strip.

That means that NUFC will wear a different black and white shirt design in four successive seasons; two each provided by Adidas and by Puma. And in all probability, that will become five in five, for season 2012/13.

nufc200709h-s.jpgnufc200910.jpgnufc201011h-s.jpg

Various claims of the new designs and colours are doing the rounds online, but as in previous seasons, we won't post anything until we're 100% certain that it's the final design and/or colours that will be worn and sold.

Like a few others, we held the view that a Premier League code of practice existed, suggested that clubs worked on a two season cycle for home kits and away ones changed each season.

However the Football Supporters Federation confirm that this has fallen by the wayside, although the FA do still work on that basis with the England national side kits.

The only guideline that appears still to be adhered to is that which states that the swing ticket attached to the garments when sold denotes the season(s) during which that will be the official design worn.

PS: Northern Rock continue as shirt sponsors, that deal running through until the end of the 2013/14 season.

Unanimous derision of the shirt. Nailed on to be the one then..... :D

I don't really know if I like it or not, just gutted it's still that shitty felt badge, could've atleast sorted that!

We've had some shit in my lifetime but that is right up there with the worst of it. If the front is that shit imagine how utterly gash the back with it's inevitable panel will be...

Main problem with puma is they are a gimicky manufacturer - it's all about capes and panels and where can we stick the fucking cat on this one... unlike umbro who have the more classic (and better) looking tops these days.

Thought long and hard about encorporating that Emirates logo on that shirt, didn't they?

Preverbial pin the tail on the donkey :D

Thought long and hard about encorporating that Emirates logo on that shirt, didn't they?

Preverbial pin the tail on the donkey :D

:icon_lol:

"aye that'll dee there"

Evidently, Admiral Sportswear are getting back into the business. They're unveiling the home shirt for my local club tomorrow evening. I'll share pictures when they are available. I'm not sold on them in general, although there's a very strong nostalgia factor in Admiral here in Minnesota, where the Kicks are concerned.

As promised. Not bad. People who were at the unveiling told me it looks better in person.

kit-mockup.jpg

Will you be going to many Stars games, Zathras?

Fewer than I'd like; they're all 7:00 kick offs and Blaine is a good 45 minute drive from my home. With a small child, it's just not feasible. :D I'll get to as many as I can though. I'll certainly be trying to make it when the Strikers are in town to see El Disco.