Newcastle United v Manchester United

Christmas Tree

From the few touches he had I thought Ireland looked like he has a bit of skill, was a bit lazy though. Would like to see us maybe try him behind Ameobi against blackpool. Dropping Løvenkrands and letting him come on late as an impact sub instead of Ranger who looks poorer and poorer lately.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from the pub and must say Im over the moon with that result. Cant really fault any of the first 11's performance.

Ranger was shite as usual. and Ireland didnt seem interested unless it was going his way.

Still, over the moon with a point.

With Nolan, Ben Arfa and (yes) Carroll - as well as a couple more of those who played being match fit - we could have won that.

As such we deserve credit for playing well with a weakened squad. Bit too cautious in the second half but that did at least mean we didn't leave ourselves too open, as Man Utd can be devastating on the break if they get some space. We properly frustrated them and a draw was the right result.

Well I didn't need me mittens - that was better than I expected. First half we matched them - Krul's save after 2 mins was the best thing he did all night. Solid at the back, closing them down so they had no space to play. Second half they dominated but we did enough to hold on. I really thought the ref had blown for a pen when Hernandez went down. Cracking atmosphere.

Ireland showed good vision for his attempt but was a waste of space after that - knackered in under 5 mins. Ranger should still be banished to Doncaster for a season but otherwise it was a good team performance - lots of errors but more than enough skill on display to cheer the heart. More than once I had to remind myself that this was the Ginger Troll, Giggs et al we were playing. They misfired. Our back 9 performed.

One unusual thing was Hernandez, on his knees praying on the half way line just before kick off. Can't remember seeing that before at SJP.

Just in from the pub

I must insist in being a prick and asking why the fuck you weren't at the game?

I must insist 'on' not 'in'.

<_< I did have that very (internal) debate before posting.

Thank the Lord I have a pedantic prick such as yourself to correct a wannabe pedantic prick like meself.

Just in from the pub

Thank the Lord I have a pedantic prick such as yourself to correct a wannabe pedantic prick like meself.

:D

Just in from the pub

I was just getting into the spirit of things. You 'persist' in fyi. :D

Just in from the pub

Must you <_<

Not a season ticket holder and its the bairns christening on Sunday with a £6.90 a head buffet afterwards.

The wife has drained me of all money.

A truly magnificent game with a particularly pulsating first half. Nice to put in a performance like that on the box.

Krul did well and that first save was superb. I have no doubt Harper would have still be going down as the ball hit the back of the net, had he been playing.

Strikers aside, the rest of the team were great and must have been fucked after the first half alone.

Not keen on having a shiny head running around the park.

Credit to Pardew as well. Looked as though he was running the technical area well, gestating at the ref for decisions etc and would like to think that its his influence starting to tease the best out of Jonas.

That result / game, shown around the world, will have done wonders for our team / club morale and helped our recruitment drive no end.

A truly magnificent game with a particularly pulsating first half. Nice to put in a performance like that on the box.

Krul did well and that first save was superb. I have no doubt Harper would have still be going down as the ball hit the back of the net, had he been playing.

Strikers aside, the rest of the team were great and must have been fucked after the first half alone.

Not keen on having a shiny head running around the park.

Credit to Pardew as well. Looked as though he was running the technical area well, gestating at the ref for decisions etc and would like to think that its his influence starting to tease the best out of Jonas.

That result / game, shown around the world, will have done wonders for our team / club morale and helped our recruitment drive no end.

<_<

It didn't seem like 9 months.

Once again a quality piece of journalism from Henry Winter. Always thought he has a bit of a soft spot for teams as us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...l#disqus_thread

Compare it to the utter horse-shite from the Mail and you realise why we are so fucking short of decent journalists in this country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...lan-Pardew.html