Hatem "Number 26" Ben Arfa

loonyTOON

Yeah. Righto...

Truth is the bloke is shite. Individualism counts for nought in this day and age. Anyway, thought he was going to AC Milan or a club of similar high regard and reputation. What happened to that prediction by some? :lol:

I said it months ago, he'll end up in the Middle East, Russia, China, or back at a small club in France in the end. Hull is his halfway house.

Fair point that he ended up at Hull, so he clearly didn't get the offers a lot of us expected.

You can't call him shite though.

Yeah. Righto...

Truth is the bloke is shite. Individualism counts for nought in this day and age. Anyway, thought he was going to AC Milan or a club of similar high regard and reputation. What happened to that prediction by some? :lol:

I said it months ago, he'll end up in the Middle East, Russia, China, or back at a small club in France in the end. Hull is his halfway house.

ronaldo-laugh-cristiano-ronaldo-19816966

Twice the player Taarabt is.

He is certainly quicker than Taarabt and because of that he can showcase his skills more. But twice the player? No.

And to Fish, no, he's nowhere near Ronaldo who is an exception to the point you've made there. :lol:

He is certainly quicker than Taarabt and because of that he can showcase his skills more. But twice the player? No.

And to Fish, no, he's nowhere near Ronaldo who is an exception to the point you've made there. :lol:

:woosh:

My point is that individuality does exist and thrive in the modern game. If you can't see that, then you're an idiot.

Hence the second sentence; "And to Fish, no, he's nowhere near Ronaldo who is an exception to the point you've made there."

It exists, I acknowledged it. Ben Arfa though has a distinct inability to adapt to the team environment that he plays with. It's as simple as that.

Hence the second sentence; "And to Fish, no, he's nowhere near Ronaldo who is an exception to the point you've made there."

It exists, I acknowledged it. Ben Arfa though has a distinct inability to adapt to the team environment that he plays with. It's as simple as that.

You mention Ben Arfa not being a team player. I think that term is banded around for anyone who has flair.

In modern English football they train "pass and move", "pass and move forward", and two touch limit.

I hate it and feel it's killing the game. It's become so boring and pedestrian, it's almost painful to watch at time.

Ginola, Robert, Ben Arfa all have flair. That ability to beat a man 2 out of 4 times. The fact we only have one senior flair player is a joke.

I don't care if a player loses the ball having a go. Some of these crab players like Anita are just plain boring to watch. Sure they do job, but that job is make the game boring. I'd rather watch a frustrating Ben Arfa and lose than some of the dull crap we've endured recently.

Edited by Phil

If Pardew had been at west ham longer, I reckon Tevez wouldve ended up training with the kids and ostracized too. I think Pardews too egotistic to deal with players who stand up to him and his utilitarian brand of football. Tbh i'm not in hba's camp as he probably has a permanent pet lip but I do think Pardew shouldve got more out of him....we're desperate for some attacking verve and have been for a long time.

You mention Ben Arfa not being a team player. I think that term is banded around for anyone who has flair.

In modern English football they train "pass and move", "pass and move forward", and two touch limit.

I hate it and feel it's killing the game. It's become so boring and pedestrian, it's almost painful to watch at time.

Ginola, Robert, Ben Arfa all have flair. That ability to beat a man 2 out of 4 times. The fact we only have one senior flair player is a joke.

I don't care if a player loses the ball having a go. Some of these crab players like Anita are just plain boring to watch. Sure they do job, but that job is make the game boring. I'd rather watch a frustrating Ben Arfa and lose than some of the dull crap we've endured recently.

England need more foreign intuition. Simple as that mate.

... You moving the goalposts Rummy, Ben Arfa plays with an individual mindset, this is fine because he scores and provides assists in so doing. The issue isn't with Ben Arfa, the issue is with Pardew's inability to utilise a system that gets the most from all of his players. He shoe horns a rangy midfielder out onto the wing, he pushes an instinctive striker out wide.

We've all been capable of looking at the squad we have and managed to push people around to get the right pegs in the right holes, but Pardew cannot. You might like big burly limited footballers playing boring football, but I like flair, I like individual moments of genius. I'd rather watch Beardsley than Barton. There's a place for hard-work and grit, it is not out wide on the grass of St James'.

Your claim that anyone who isn't prepared to make endless excuses for Ben Arfa equates to them liking boring limited footballers is the worst kind of straw man argument.

As is that.