Liverpool 3-0 Newcastle United

Monroe Transfer

Greek commentator said that Tiote's hair AND overall performance renders him "Mr.T-like".

I don't know what he'd been drinking, but I'm going sober for about 3 months now and I don't see it...

I assume the similarity is

1. Both have a mohawk

2. Both are members of teams with lightweight characters that don't threaten anybody

:icon_lol:

Edited by Kitman

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting/telling/depressing fact they trotted out earlier - the last player to score at Anfield for us was Kluivert.

I tell you an even more depressing stat, we've scored 4 goals in 10 away games under "Pards" what a massive difference he's made eh? 4FS. :icon_lol:

I'd be a bit harsher on him if we had a decent cutting edge up top. Lovenkrands and Ameobi must be the worst strikeforce in the premiership. Expecting them to create chances is like asking someone to walk to the North Pole in flip flops.

Interesting/telling/depressing fact they trotted out earlier - the last player to score at Anfield for us was Kluivert.

I tell you an even more depressing stat, we've scored 4 goals in 10 away games under "Pards" what a massive difference he's made eh? 4FS. :icon_lol:

I'm not sure quite what Hughton or anyone else would have done better with our squad tbh, especially after flogging Carroll. It's just not up to the job.

I'm not sure quite what Hughton or anyone else would have done better with our squad tbh, especially after flogging Carroll. It's just not up to the job.

Our starting 11 today was assembled for little more than the cost of Carroll.

Our starting 11 today was assembled for little more than the cost of Carroll.

And it shows!

But still borderline headcases like ASM in his new guise of 'angrysockmonster', Nick, Qwertyo, et al are lining up to tell us that the squad's fine and doesn't need investment, and in fact having the lowest net spend in the last 5 seasons (a period of time that just happens to coincide with the period of time during which we've been the most shit we've been in 20 years) is actually a POSITIVE thing, and signing quality players just turns the team into a vehicle for the new players instead of improving the squad, so we don't need to do that either. It's all OK, Williamson is a Premier League player because we stayed in the Premier League this season. QE-fucking-D. :icon_lol:

But still borderline headcases like ASM in his new guise of 'angrysockmonster', Nick, Qwertyo, et al are lining up to tell us that the squad's fine and doesn't need investment, and in fact having the lowest net spend in the last 5 seasons (a period of time that just happens to coincide with the period of time during which we've been the most shit we've been in 20 years) is actually a POSITIVE thing, and signing quality players just turns the team into a vehicle for the new players instead of improving the squad, so we don't need to do that either. It's all OK, Williamson is a Premier League player because we stayed in the Premier League this season. QE-fucking-D. :icon_lol:

Quote me then you disgusting little yank fuck, or fucking button it.

Jonas was a class above the rest of our team today.

The amount of corners and free-kicks that he earned was insane. Barton's set pieces were horrible.

Williamson did not have a good game, but that was not a penalty. Suarez felt a brush of contact from behind and went down softly. His piss-poor headed clearance for their first was horrible, but he is incredibly inexperienced at this level, so to some degree there has to be some leeway given for him to get that experience and improve. Coloccini leaving his leg in earlier in the game could easily have been a penalty, but wasn't because that time Suarez stayed on his feet - cancelling that out was what should have been a penalty for Ameobi. It was a lazy effort from pretty much the rest of the team. Ameobi and Lovenkrands might as well have not been out there at all (Lovenkrands in particular). It smacked of a we, don't really care about this game at all performance from many of our players, especially our lack of tracking and general laziness in defense.

It was stupid of Pardew to come out and say that we're safe, even if he thought that we were. If that's the case there's pretty much nothing left to play for.

Edited by OzToonFan

But still borderline headcases like ASM in his new guise of 'angrysockmonster', Nick, Qwertyo, et al are lining up to tell us that the squad's fine and doesn't need investment, and in fact having the lowest net spend in the last 5 seasons (a period of time that just happens to coincide with the period of time during which we've been the most shit we've been in 20 years) is actually a POSITIVE thing, and signing quality players just turns the team into a vehicle for the new players instead of improving the squad, so we don't need to do that either. It's all OK, Williamson is a Premier League player because we stayed in the Premier League this season. QE-fucking-D. :D

:icon_lol::rolleyes::icon_lol:

If Blackpool stay up, are Brett Ormerod, Ian Evatt, Chris Basham and Keith Southern Premier League players?

Did you ever stop to think that the reason we're staying up isn't because of bargain basement players like Mike Williamson, but because they've largely been carried by the members of our squad who actually are PL quality?

For every Smith there's been a Tiote, for every Williamson there's been a Colo, for every Lovenkrands there's been a Carroll...oops, no, Best? Shola? Looking awfully light in that department. Liverpool's recent form since they backed their new and capable manager with cash to buy quality players - brilliant. Ours since we lost our best striker without replacement? Increasingly poor. I wonder if there's a connection.

Now, you utter, utter wanker, can you make any prediction as to which way you suppose our transfer dealings will proceed from this point onward - that Premier League quality players will be bought to complement the Tiotes, Coloccinis, and Bartons, or that Premier League quality players will be sold and replaced (if at all) with more Williamsons, Perches, R. Taylors, and Lovenkrands?

can you make any prediction as to which way you suppose our transfer dealings will proceed from this point onward - that Premier League quality players will be bought to complement replace the Tiotes and Bartons?

FYP

Edited by sammynb

I don't think I have read any posts where someone has said the squad doesn't need investment

But still borderline headcases like ASM in his new guise of 'angrysockmonster', Nick, Qwertyo, et al are lining up to tell us that the squad's fine and doesn't need investment, and in fact having the lowest net spend in the last 5 seasons (a period of time that just happens to coincide with the period of time during which we've been the most shit we've been in 20 years) is actually a POSITIVE thing, and signing quality players just turns the team into a vehicle for the new players instead of improving the squad, so we don't need to do that either. It's all OK, Williamson is a Premier League player because we stayed in the Premier League this season. QE-fucking-D. :rolleyes:

I don't think I have read any posts where someone has said the squad doesn't need investment

:icon_lol: Aye, thats probably the one statement that the entire forum agrees on.

you were a gnats arse away from being banned purely because you were a wank last time. Feel free to push it again.

Dissapointed but 3-0 flatters them.

We worked hard, Jonas namely but at the end of the day its really starting to show now. Our strikeforce is utter shite.

It will get us through till the end of the season, no doubt about it we are safe. It would just of been nice to finish top half in our first season back. Instead we've fallen away from what looked like a potential european place to probably about 13th.

13th which i said at the start of the season. Im happy with that, It just could of been so much more.

Onwards and upwards. Lets fuckin muller Birmingham next saturday!

But still borderline headcases like ASM in his new guise of 'angrysockmonster', Nick, Qwertyo, et al are lining up to tell us that the squad's fine and doesn't need investment, and in fact having the lowest net spend in the last 5 seasons (a period of time that just happens to coincide with the period of time during which we've been the most shit we've been in 20 years) is actually a POSITIVE thing, and signing quality players just turns the team into a vehicle for the new players instead of improving the squad, so we don't need to do that either. It's all OK, Williamson is a Premier League player because we stayed in the Premier League this season. QE-fucking-D. :rolleyes:

you were a gnats arse away from being banned purely because you were a wank last time. Feel free to push it again.

You're a dick's head away from believing I actually give a fuck you boring nutsack. Your forum really picked up in my absence didn't it :icon_lol: LM's mental health deteriorated further and you gained 2 members that actually hold the apologetic views that I was constantly wrongly accused of holding (and still am in the yanks quote above). Lovely. Everyday is a treat on here, Peter - well, only when it's not taking 10 minutes to load a page after pressing refresh.

But still borderline headcases like ASM in his new guise of 'angrysockmonster', Nick, Qwertyo, et al are lining up to tell us that the squad's fine and doesn't need investment, and in fact having the lowest net spend in the last 5 seasons (a period of time that just happens to coincide with the period of time during which we've been the most shit we've been in 20 years) is actually a POSITIVE thing, and signing quality players just turns the team into a vehicle for the new players instead of improving the squad, so we don't need to do that either. It's all OK, Williamson is a Premier League player because we stayed in the Premier League this season. QE-fucking-D. :D

:icon_lol::rolleyes::icon_lol:

If Blackpool stay up, are Brett Ormerod, Ian Evatt, Chris Basham and Keith Southern Premier League players?

Did you ever stop to think that the reason we're staying up isn't because of bargain basement players like Mike Williamson, but because they've largely been carried by the members of our squad who actually are PL quality?

For every Smith there's been a Tiote, for every Williamson there's been a Colo, for every Lovenkrands there's been a Carroll...oops, no, Best? Shola? Looking awfully light in that department. Liverpool's recent form since they backed their new and capable manager with cash to buy quality players - brilliant. Ours since we lost our best striker without replacement? Increasingly poor. I wonder if there's a connection.

Now, you utter, utter wanker, can you make any prediction as to which way you suppose our transfer dealings will proceed from this point onward - that Premier League quality players will be bought to complement the Tiotes, Coloccinis, and Bartons, or that Premier League quality players will be sold and replaced (if at all) with more Williamsons, Perches, R. Taylors, and Lovenkrands?

Yes, obviously. And if they go down, they'll be Championship players. Then, if they go down again, they'll be Leugue One players. Then, if they go down again and said players remain.... THEY'LL BE LEAGUE TWO PLAYERS!

You're a dick's head away from believing I actually give a fuck you boring nutsack. Your forum really picked up in my absence didn't it :icon_lol: LM's mental health deteriorated further and you gained 2 members that actually hold the apologetic views that I was constantly wrongly accused of holding (and still am in the yanks quote above). Lovely. Everyday is a treat on here, Peter - well, only when it's not taking 10 minutes to load a page after pressing refresh.

So you flounced off but still lurked in the background hoping you'd be missed then, poor you :D

Careful PP he might "Pezzle" you :rolleyes:

I wonder if I threaten to he'll send me his dimensions to intimidate me :icon_lol: 6"1 baby yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww