Cheick Tiote

Tiote should be dropped for the match against Chelsea, then he should be played in our winnable match against West Brom. We have a chance to finish 9th, or even 8th, and we must pull out all the stops for such a position. That's my opinion. (I would consider it a great honour to finish 8th, or even 9th, especially given that we've spent less NET than any other Prem club).

I want to be PROUD of my club. Doing a Man City wouldn't make me PROUD at all.

Punching above our spending certainly would.

All just my opinion.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to get abuse for this, but I don't think the fact that we sold Carroll automatically makes us a selling club.

The view that Ashley will do things on the cheap if he can get away with it is a fair one, though.

When Llambias comes out with quotes about signing players with high resale value, it pretty much confirms were gonna be a glorified wigan and become a selling club

Going to get abuse for this, but I don't think the fact that we sold Carroll automatically makes us a selling club.

The view that Ashley will do things on the cheap if he can get away with it is a fair one, though.

Yep agree with that, he is a bargain hunter by nature which can be good at times (Ben Arfa, Tiote) but some times you need to throw caution to the wind and that's my real concern with him.

No need to abuse you, its the same for all clubs as Gejon says.

The point I'm making is the "replacement" policy. If we get Carlton Cole and Paul Konchesky then its highly unlikely they'll be anything like 5-1 v the mackems next season,no twatting Villa and away wins at the likes of Arsenal will be a virtual miracle given the squad we're likely to have. And all that points to one long 9 month struggle aganst relegation.

Time will tell. But am sharing most folks pessimism on here about this sumer.

Time will tell. If all of the money is reinvested to improve the squad then selling Carroll may be a good thing imo. If our best players are sold and replaced with cheap shit, it's obvious we will struggle next season. Fuck knows what Ashley intends to do.

Not that I am advocating it happen because if it doesn't it's a fucking joke but if we didn't reinvest the Carroll money I am not sure we will struggle.

We already have 'like two new signings' in Ben Arfa and Gosling. Best Hopefully comes back like he left off and we are probably already in a better position that we ended the season in.

I do hope we add a decent (Demba Ba) and real quality striker (no idea) as well as cover for Tiote, a versatile winger and a centre back then I think we are looking good to push on next season :icon_lol:

Not that I am advocating it happen because if it doesn't it's a fucking joke but if we didn't reinvest the Carroll money I am not sure we will struggle.

It's just about where the goals come from Gejon. As good as Ben Arfa is/was, I wouldn't have thought he can score enough goals on his own (especially in a 'playing off the front man'/Tevez kind of role) throughout the season. That's before you get into the issue of whether he can recapture his best form in a new league coming back from serious injury.

Basically relying on Shola/Best/Lovenkrands/Ranger to get us goals is a recipe for disaster imo. We've seen this season how shit they are as a group. imo we need to ship two of those out and bring in two PL standard strikers, one the finished article and an one up and coming player who can deputise/impact from the bench.

Otherwise I think we will struggle.

Tiote should be dropped for the match against Chelsea, then he should be played in our winnable match against West Brom. We have a chance to finish 9th, or even 8th, and we must pull out all the stops for such a position. That's my opinion. (I would consider it a great honour to finish 8th, or even 9th, especially given that we've spent less NET than any other Prem club).

All just my opinion.

Risk a suspension [at the start of next season] all for the sake of window dressing a campaign on the final matchday of the season, to salvage a campaign which has fallen on its arse since the close of the January transfer window - and of course gaining a little cash windfall for potentially leap frogging a couple of other mid-table clubs. It's a totally different ballgame if we're fighting for and are in the mix for a slot in Europe etc.

Starting next season with our strongest possible line-up, and with it the strongest possible opportunity to gather some positive momentum similar to what was seen during the opening stages this year, is more important than the above mentioned window dressing [and jumping a couple of positions for the benefit of Ashley's balance sheets] of another Ashley induced tango with the drop.

Given your obsession with healthy net spend & balance sheet figures, and going by your mates' track record of selling our best players at the peak of their respective values [instead of building a team around them, a team to be proud of] the Tiote Problem might well be somebody else's problem next season.

Edited by Year Zero

co-incidence the last time we were a selling club our players went to the same fucking clubs as may happen now, if that Tiote link is true. The money will NOT be re-invested correctly. Buying shitty goods on the cheap is NOT an option, if it were, why the fuck aren't Liverpool and Spurs doing it instead of taking our best players instead. Again.

I admire people their optimism, or blindness would be a better word.

How much longer do they need FFS

Guest alex
You can't help but defaulting to think that now Ashley and Llambias have got a nice cover story to keep him fresh for the summer sales.

Perfect opportunity not to risk the prize asset like.

Guest alex

All just my opinion.

I'm sure you've got this special little league table in your special little head whereby you've weighed up who's done the best by using some formula based on performance against spending but no one else is interested tbh.

co-incidence the last time we were a selling club our players went to the same fucking clubs as may happen now, if that Tiote link is true. The money will NOT be re-invested correctly. Buying shitty goods on the cheap is NOT an option, if it were, why the fuck aren't Liverpool and Spurs doing it instead of taking our best players instead. Again.

Seymour Jnr, The McKeags>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mike Ashley. It took nearly two decades but the club has travelled full circle in terms of who or which clubs are benefitting thanks to Ashley's restoration of our 80's 'feeder club' status. It's a kick to the guts tbh.

Guest alex

Aye, these arguments obviously get a bit repetitive but it's worth pointing out that unearthing the odd gem like Carroll and bringing in the likes of Tiote (too early to say how Ben Arfa will go) is all good but it's only a good thing if you actually hang onto these players rather than selling them in the hope that their cheap replacements will then come good and you'll gradually use this method to strengthen the squad. It's a recipe for fucking disaster tbh and anyone who disagrees with this (in my non-too-humble opinion) knows absolutely fuck all about football. Which is where our owner and chairman come in.

Seymour Jnr, The McKeags>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mike Ashley. It took nearly two decades but the club has travelled full circle in terms of who or which clubs are benefitting thanks to Ashley's restoration of our 80's 'feeder club' status. It's a kick to the guts tbh.

they just won't be told.

Aye, these arguments obviously get a bit repetitive but it's worth pointing out that unearthing the odd gem like Carroll and bringing in the likes of Tiote (too early to say how Ben Arfa will go) is all good but it's only a good thing if you actually hang onto these players rather than selling them in the hope that their cheap replacements will then come good and you'll gradually use this method to strengthen the squad. It's a recipe for fucking disaster tbh and anyone who disagrees with this (in my non-too-humble opinion) knows absolutely fuck all about football. Which is where our owner and chairman come in.

I hate it when people say that tbh, its all about opinion. However, I completely agree with you on the subject.

Guest alex

I hate it when people say that tbh, its all about opinion. However, I completely agree with you on the subject.

Nah, you're right. It was more of a dig at the current lot in charge. Football is all about debate and opinions. 'Very little' would be more accurate :lol:

Nah, you're right. It was more of a dig at the current lot in charge. Football is all about debate and opinions. 'Very little' would be more accurate :lol:

nah, "fuck all" is far more accurate.

When Llambias comes out with quotes about signing players with high resale value, it pretty much confirms were gonna be a glorified wigan and become a selling club

Everyone does it, but becasue we state we're going to do it, the hysteria kicks in again :lol:

IF and only IF we start shipping out players for anything but top-end prices/value (without replacement), you may have a point.

Man U and Asenal (for example) have made significant profits on transfers over the last 3 years (tens of millions), it's how Spurs mounted their (hopefully brief) resurgence. On the continent it's an intrinsic part of many an operating model (Lyon, Lille and Porto for example).

Edited by Toonpack

I would suggest that Man U, Arsenal and Spuds would tend to disagree, and any number of continental teams also patently know nowt about football.

Edited by Toonpack

Guest alex

I woudl suggest that Man U, Arsenal and Spuds would tend to disagree, and any number of continental teams also patently know nowt about football.

They don't do it as a primary objective in the case of the three English clubs. There is nothing wrong with signing players with a potentially high resale value but the teams do this because they want young, hungry players rather than hasbeens or people who have lost their drive and focus. I would suggest we do it largely with potential profit in mind. If Rooney had left Man Utd would have made a profit but they fought tooth and nail to keep him. Ronaldo stayed for about 3 seasons longer than Real Madrid were after him too. I seriously doubt our scouting network is anything like the 3 sides you mention either.

French clubs are a different matter because there is less money there and good players will eventually want to play for more high profile teams in more high profile leagues.

Edited by alex