Cheick Tiote

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he might be offski in the summer, not been great this season and now with these problems it could escalate. We have Anita, Bigi and Perch for that posiion and we could still get a decent price for him.

I think he might be offski in the summer, not been great this season and now with these problems it could escalate. We have Anita, Bigi and Perch for that posiion and we could still get a decent price for him.

Don't see a connection between driving without a license and wanting out of the club.

I'm starting to WANT him out now. The fella's clearly got some serious attitude problems. He was the same last night as well, he isn't learning.

I reckon you can almost predict when hes going to lash out now - with his smacked arse expression.

My mates reckon every team needs an arsehole, but this guy is starting to do my head in.

Edited by scoobos

I'm starting to WANT him out now. The fella's clearly got some serious attitude problems. He was the same last night as well, he isn't learning.

I reckon you can almost predict when hes going to lash out now - with his smacked arse expression.

My mates reckon every team needs an arsehole, but this guy is starting to do my head in.

Why do his yellows annoy you more than Perch, Williamson or Ameobi, all of whom have more...and aren't as good otherwise.

Why do his yellows annoy you more than Perch, Williamson or Ameobi, all of whom have more...and aren't as good otherwise.

Perch and Shola have both given away some equally stupid fouls, but I can see why Tiote's could be more annoying as he has the makings of a much more effective player than the other two.

He's not an arsehole - he's the sort of player you'd hate to play against as he chases every ball, works tirelessly and gets in your face as soon as you're in possession.

There are enough dickheads in the crowd who are sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for a misplaced pass or a mistake, so they can scream, "see, I told you, he's woeful".

Tiote's overall contribution last night was solid. He was always available for the two centre backs to release the ball to. Part of the issue last night was that Tiote + Cabaye + Sissoko still needs a bit of work - it was their first game together after all. There were times when Cabaye's deeper role meant he and Tiote were getting under the feet of each other. Give it time - they're three quality players and have the makings of one of the best midfields we've ever had.

I make no apologies for being frank, but anyone who wants actively wants Tiote to leave is clearly an idiot.

This is the problem for me.

His yellows annoy me because Perch & Williamson usually get them from errors or "accidents" - but Tiote's seem to be all rage driven. Tiote is a GOOD player, no two ways about it , but that makes his excessive disciplinary problems all the more annoying.

Yesterdays match was a prime example of what I mean - I don't want a player we have to mitigate for due to him missing matches through nothing more than ego or stupidity.

I don't think these views make me a dickhead either - I would seriously prefer a more levelled player in that dangerous position. His role attracts yellows imo , but having someone with his mindset playing it is an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by scoobos

Perch and Shola have both given away some equally stupid fouls, but I can see why Tiote's could be more annoying as he has the makings of a much more effective player than the other two.

Cabaye commits some even more silly fouls than Tiote. His tackle on Dembele was worthy of a red, and his flailing arm last night wasn't a red in my eyes, but it was deliberate and could have seen him walk with a picky ref. However, Cabaye gets away with it because he's a more forward thinking player who creates goals and scores the odd goal. Tiote gets it in the neck because he does the dirty work and the mopping up.

Aye, so it would be daft to sell the one who is clearly the more effective player as people are suggesting.