Kevin Gameiro joins PSG

Tooj

According to some people on Newcastle-Online, it's been reported in the French media that we've made a €10 million offer for him.

Any of our French football followers know much about him?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to some people on Newcastle-Online, it's been reported in the French media that we've made a €10 million offer for him.

Any of our French football followers know much about him?

The same story was reported here at the end of April so probably just a rehash.

24yrs old, 5'6", scored 23 in 43, Contract runs out next summer

sounds like the prototypical "little man"

I think the important question that needs to be asked here is whether he's any good on FM.

He's quality on FM. Just fired me to the Premier League title in 2014/15 with us.

Why does he have to be brought in to replace Carroll? We need two strikers, he's supposed to be good and we've been linked with him for quite some time. He can be the new (better) Lovenkrands, while we move for someone else to take the big man role.

I had him on Fifa Ultimate Team with one of those form cards... he was amazing so let's sign him!.... Seriously though, i've heard nothing but praise for him, would be delighted to sign him

5"6 ;) Being brought in to replace Carroll.. Good'un. Next..

Wasn't aware that you had inside information that stated that we're only getting the one striker in this summer. Also wasn't aware that we'd have to buy a like for like player in the mold of Carroll.

Just paper talk at the moment whichever way you look at it.

Daily Mail tonight --- Colin Young

Pardew ups bid for Lorient striker Gameiro to cool Valencia interest

Newcastle have made an improved £10million bid for Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro.

Valencia are Gameiro's preferred option, but Newcastle boss Alan Pardew hopes his latest offer will discourage the Spanish club.

Tottenham have also watched the France centre forward over the past two months, along with Sunderland, but their interest has cooled.

Meanwhile, all three English clubs retain an interest in Lille's £10m-rated forward Gervinho.

Lens youngster Mehdi Abeid has confirmed he is Newcastle-bound after being pursuaded to join by compatriot Hatem Ben Arfa.

The 18-year-old said: 'I have had contact dating back some time and I visited the facilities there last week. The leaders of the club told me that they will rely on me for next season.'

He added: 'I intend to give everything to develop in the Premier League.'

Awaits Leazes ;)

Daily Mail tonight --- Colin Young

Pardew ups bid for Lorient striker Gameiro to cool Valencia interest

Newcastle have made an improved £10million bid for Lorient striker Kevin Gameiro.

Valencia are Gameiro's preferred option, but Newcastle boss Alan Pardew hopes his latest offer will discourage the Spanish club.

Tottenham have also watched the France centre forward over the past two months, along with Sunderland, but their interest has cooled.

Meanwhile, all three English clubs retain an interest in Lille's £10m-rated forward Gervinho.

Lens youngster Mehdi Abeid has confirmed he is Newcastle-bound after being pursuaded to join by compatriot Hatem Ben Arfa.

The 18-year-old said: 'I have had contact dating back some time and I visited the facilities there last week. The leaders of the club told me that they will rely on me for next season.'

He added: 'I intend to give everything to develop in the Premier League.'

Awaits Leazes ;)

nowt to do with me pal, I've seen all this sort of shite before. Live too. You know what that means ? It means not listening to the radio in a taxi, or watching in the pub, it means forming your own opinions, through laying down hard cash.

Venture to suggest mind, at that age, unless he's a Wayne Rooney or a Gazza, its a hell of a risk, especially if the intention is just "sell on value". You never know, if he comes good, in say 3 years down the line, there might be a lot more clubs than just Liverpool and Spurs we are selling our best players too, Leicester, Port Vale or Shrewsbury for instance. As we sold one to Wigan, anything is possible.

I hope your man Graham Carr is indeed the new Peter Taylor [of Brian Cloughs mate fame] as you claim, although he seems to be a late starter.

Edited by LeazesMag

the new Peter Taylor [of Brian Cloughs mate fame] as you claim, although he seems to be a late starter.

Off topic, I know ... but have you read The Damned United Leezes?

If so, what did you think of it?

Personally, I loved it.

Edited by dbsweeney

the new Peter Taylor [of Brian Cloughs mate fame] as you claim, although he seems to be a late starter.

Off topic, I know ... but have you read The Damned United Leezes?

If so, what did you think of it?

Personally, I loved it.

Great read, but reflects Clough in a far too negative way iyam.

More shit writing in the Journal. In one article we have made a bid and he may be tempted and in another article for Gosling it says Pardew has moved on since he wants to go to Spain!

I think 10mil is a bit extreme for him. I would have thought he is more worth about 7mil. Definitely need a big striker to play with him!

Pardew hinting an offer has been made. Wish he would shut the fuck up tbh and just get on with it!

SSN

Pardew waiting on striker moveNewcastle chief hoping for quick deal

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: May 27, 2011 11:29am

The Magpies chief is anxious to bolster his options, having been unable to sign a replacement for £35million Andy Carroll following his January move to Liverpool.

Now with money to spend, Pardew has a host of options and he has made a number of enquires.

He has confirmed that he is currently waiting on one deal, with many sources claiming that it is for Kevin Gameiro of Lorient, although he is also interested in the likes of Gervinho and Demba Ba amongst others.

France international Gameiro has made it clear he wants to move to Spain, with Valencia his preferred destination, and they have rekindled their interest this week.

But Pardew is hoping money will talk and that Newcastle's willingness to pay around €10million could see them strike a deal with Lorient.

Interest

"We've given a player a deadline this week, so that'll be interesting," said Pardew.

"We are pitching for a striker that we bid for - that's been reported. We're hopeful on that but we'll have to wait and see. There's no real feedback from the club on that. And we're pitching for another couple of players.

"If I was a Newcastle fan, we're making the right noises on that front. I'm sure the fans are disappointed about the Joey Barton situation but we are trying to take the club forward by signing players."

With the French season due to finish this weekend, Newcastle are expected to have a strong presence across the Channel to make final checks on a number of targets - including Gameiro and Gervinho.

Gameiro, meanwhile, has been told by French boss Laurent Blanc that he does need to move.

"Gameiro's qualities will be revealed when he changes his club. We don't know if he has international level yet. I believe he has it, but to show it he has to play," Blanc said.