no deal for Joey

Knackers

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very trustworthy sources speculating that Nolan's contract is now off the table too. I actually believe it :lol:

It all fits in with the rumours that the club will be sold!!

Very trustworthy sources speculating that Nolan's contract is now off the table too. I actually believe it ;)

a mackem from Skunkers :lol:

Am not on skunkers, I got banned for some unknown reason. Full of racist wanks like yee.

I've been friends with Barton for a couple of years now and I held a big event last week with him and Nolan for the NSPCC...

Danny Simpson with a tiny bit of help from me have got him onto twitter so follow him @joey7barton.

I can't quote him as he will get into bother...this is what he said to me in a conversation though...

I don't want to leave. I love it here and the fans know that.

I will be here next season, no way am i being sold. Once my contracts up my hands are tied but hopefully someone buys the club by then.

I love this club and want success. We should buy the club like they did at Barcelona.

I am starting a twitter account this week so every fan will know the truth.

I love the fans of this club and want to bring a trophy here.

Very trustworthy sources speculating that Nolan's contract is now off the table too. I actually believe it ;)

Am not on skunkers, I got banned for some unknown reason. Full of racist wanks like yee.

No-one has ever been banned from Skunkers man.

Btw, I could believe the Nolan story

Edited by Toonpack

Btw, I could believe the Nolan story btw

I'll take a screen shot if you like.

I've been friends with Barton for a couple of years now and I held a big event last week with him and Nolan for the NSPCC...

Danny Simpson with a tiny bit of help from me have got him onto twitter so follow him @joey7barton.

I can't quote him as he will get into bother...this is what he said to me in a conversation though...

I don't want to leave. I love it here and the fans know that.

I will be here next season, no way am i being sold. Once my contracts up my hands are tied but hopefully someone buys the club by then.

I love this club and want success. We should buy the club like they did at Barcelona.

I am starting a twitter account this week so every fan will know the truth.

I love the fans of this club and want to bring a trophy here.

So get on and tell us JB rather than getting Wraith to be your mouthpiece.

Btw, I could believe the Nolan story btw

I'll take a screen shot if you like.

Gan on then

www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited

Good listen. My mate Steve Brenner on live now with Wraith.

Listening to it but its basically Steve Wraith and all his mates business partners so quite shite really.

Its pretty one-sided but the majority of their points are valid.

Hopes Piers Morgan and Robbie Savage are as brave on here as they are when they write about me in the columns...............................

Jooooeeey :lol:

www.fansonline.net/newcastleunited

Good listen. My mate Steve Brenner on live now with Wraith.

Listening to it but its basically Steve Wraith and all his mates business partners so quite shite really.

Its pretty one-sided but the majority of their points are valid.

Thats objective.

You only have to read a few other forums to see a whole range of view points from fans. If they want a serious show they need to broadcast all sides whether they agree with them or not.

Two views I've read today.

What did the singing corner expect to happen after abusing the owner week in, week out and holding up banners calling him a rapist.

and

Joey Bartons had one good season out of four and is not irreplaceable. The club are right not to offer a 4 year contract to a 29 year old.

Regardless whether you agree with them, you should put all views into the mix.

It wouldn't be the end of the World if Barton wasn't offered a new contract if there was any chance that the club would buy a replacement. There is of course a track record that points to this not being the case, or at the very least that he will be replaced with someone of a much lower value.

He had a very good start to the season and has turned in some good performances in the latter part of the season (between some bad ones) but on the balance of his contract he's been very poor and has been on high wages.

Completely misses the point though. Getting £35m for Carroll was a no-brainer. What pisses people off is the belief it won't be reinvested in terms of new personnel.

I understand that, but I cant be arsed to get into drama mode just yet. Maybe if the situations the same come the first game of the season.

Point is though, if he goes, it is another quality player / one integral to the first team gone. That's what people are worried about. That's what people are inevitably discussing in the wake of Barton's agent coming out and saying he is leaving the club. I don't think people are being particularly 'dramatic' about it either. It's more a case of being resigned to the notion that the club is going one step forward and two steps back again. The Ben Arfa and Tiote signings are more than wiped out if Enrique and Barton join Carroll out the door. You need excellent additions to even get back to square one in that's the case. I know: wait and see what happens in the summer :lol:

Leaving summer 2012 is what his agent said. So we get another year out of him playing extremely well for his next move by which time he will be on his way to 31.

I dont disagree its not an ideal situation but at the same time I can understand the club (given the way it is now run) not wanting to sign up a 29 year old on a 4 year contract. Particularly when we really havent had value for money out of him for 3 of the 4 years.

I guess if Joey wont go for the two years then they will rightly ask the question, is there someone younger similar who we can sign up on decent money for 4 years.

Personally I would do anything to keep him but its not my dosh.

Best case scenario that though.

If what potty-mouthed McKay is saying is all true, Barton won't be here beyond this summer. There's no way Ashley will let him walk for free when they can get something for him now.

Guest alex

He could hang around but if Ashley is determined to sell him it could be a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face if they banish him to the reserves or whatever. A year out the game could finish him at the top level at his age.

ALAN Pardew expects to have Joey Barton in his Newcastle United team next season – but is “resigned” to the midfielder not signing a new contract this summer.

The saga of Barton’s negotiations have been played out in the media this week, agent Willie McKay taking to the radio waves on Wednesday, and a friend voicing Barton’s opinion via a fans’ website last night.

Pardew has had his say, too, warning supporters not to expect a resolution this summer.

“I spoke to Joey on the last day (of the season) and I think we were both resigned that this contract was going to be a problem,” he said. “Both of us are thinking next year we’ll be together and we’ll go on from there. Unless it changes over the summer and there’s a bid in that the board, myself and Joey feel works for Joey, I think he will be here for the start of the season.

“The thing about contracts is, times change.”

Barton’s deal expires in June 2012. He is prepared to accept a pay cut in return for an extension. Barton (pictured right) has been offered two years with the option of a third, but wants four with the possibility of a fifth.

While some clubs are uncomfortable about players entering the final year of deals, Pardew and owner Mike Ashley have no such concerns. Barton hopes the latter will have sold up when his expires. He twice came close to agreeing an extension this year.

“I’m not upset about it,” Pardew insisted. “I was more upset when we thought we’d agreed and there was a change of heart. I knew it would be a problem to come back from that.

“There was a lot of history between Joey and the board before I arrived. I just wanted to be honest with Joey and match him with clarity. That’s what I’ve done. I’ve been open and up front with him, I made him the captain (in Kevin Nolan’s absence).

“We decided the best way was probably to wait for the season to end. Joey pulled all the way through and he’ll pull next year, even if he’s in his last year, I know he will.”

Barton has jumped in with both feet on Ashley, via a bizarre internet statement.

“I can’t quote him as he will get into bother,” said fanzine writer Steve Wraith in an online broadcast.

“This is what he said to me in a conversation, though: ‘I don’t want to leave. I love it here and the fans know that. I will be here next season, no way am I being sold.

“Once my contract’s up my hands are tied but hopefully someone buys the club by then. I love this club and want success. We should buy the club like they did at Barcelona.’” Despite concerns over Barton and José Enríque (also out of contract in 2012) and ongoing negotiations with Nolan, Pardew hopes to lighten the mood with a quick signing.

“We’ve given a player a deadline this week,” he said. “We think that’s 60-40 in our favour.

“We are pitching for a striker we bid for – that’s been reported. We’re hopeful on that but we’ll have to wait and see. And we’re pitching for another couple of players. I’m sure the fans are disappointed about the Joey situation but we are trying to take the club forward by signing players.”

Midfielder Mehdi Abeid’s arrival is not expected to be confirmed until July, while the striker in question, Lorient’s Kevin Gameiro, has encouraged reported interested from Valencia.

Fellow forward and United target, Lille’s Gervinho, has promised a decision on his future next month.

He could hang around but if Ashley is determined to sell him it could be a case of cutting his nose off to spite his face if they banish him to the reserves or whatever. A year out the game could finish him at the top level at his age.

Precisely.

I can't believe even someone as docile as you CT can be that naive. He'll be gone if a contract isn't signed.