It's Yohan Cabaye

Toonpack

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great battling considering its his 2nd competitive game in the cointry. Cracking shot too

Considering shooting from distance is one of his greatest assets, I'm expecting some goals once he's settled... can't wait :D

Neither of the first two games were oprimal for what I think is his type of play. Nonetheless he's stuck right in and it's clear that he's not short on effort. Will be more in his element when we're at home against weaker opposition and can control possession.

Great battling considering its his 2nd competitive game in the cointry. Cracking shot too

Considering shooting from distance is one of his greatest assets, I'm expecting some goals once he's settled... can't wait :D

This! 5+ from him i hope and fair few assists.

Neither of the first two games were oprimal for what I think is his type of play. Nonetheless he's stuck right in and it's clear that he's not short on effort. Will be more in his element when we're at home against weaker opposition and can control possession.

When he's settled then. :D

He for me is alot like Rob Lee and can turn out to be an even better player once adapted to the PL. He's showed promise, hard worker, tough, likes to get on the ball and shift it and has a good strike.

Looked good yesterday, probably our best midfielder on the day.

A more complete player than Tiote in that he can pass and shoot. Tiote has been ordinary in the two games so far (at least the first half of yesterdays game) and it hasn't hurt us like it would have last season.

He looks promising. Looks up for a scrap too which I can't help but like.

Looked good yesterday, probably our best midfielder on the day.

A more complete player than Tiote in that he can pass and shoot. Tiote has been ordinary in the two games so far (at least the first half of yesterdays game) and it hasn't hurt us like it would have last season.

He looks promising. Looks up for a scrap too which I can't help but like.

Agreed, he looks like Emre when he was at his best (not sulking and made of glass) but where the Rob Lee comparisons are coming from baffles me, it's like he's a central midfielder so he must be Rob Lee!

I have to take responsibility for the Rob Lee comparison which I said after the Darlington game. It was based on the style of attacking play and shooting ability I had seen on YouTube prior to the game along with some bone crunching tackles he put in at Darlington.

When I think of Emre I tend to think of Jonas but in the middle and personally never really took to him. I don't also recall him being a ferocious tackler. Maybe I'm wrong.

Cabaye will get better and better as the real formation Pardew wants to play has chance to gel.

Yohan Cabaye's first victory in a Newcastle shirt is one that will live with him for a very long time.

The midfielder, signed from Lille in the summer, is a key part of Alan Pardew's new-look United side and caught the eye at the Stadium of Light on Saturday as they ran out 1-0 winners over local rivals Sunderland.

Following the final whistle, 25-year-old Cabaye admitted he was surprised at the intensity of the Tyne-Wear derby, but was delighted to be part of the triumph.

"When I started to train with the group everybody said to me you will see something special at the Sunderland game," the French international told nufc.co.uk.

"They were telling me the atmosphere is fantastic, and a friend in France texted me to tell me about it too. I now know it is a big game!

"It was a difficult game because there was no space to play. When I received the ball, straight away there was a tackle there and I couldn't have a lot of touches. But the most important thing is the team and we won the game, so that is perfect.

"The celebrations were perfect too. We sung and it was a great atmosphere in the changing room.

"This was my first win with Newcastle, and we won the derby

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

I could hear "I'm Coming Home Newcastle" blasting out of Toon dressing room after derby win, Busker would have been proud #nufc

:D:D

Sounds like a canny Team spirit to me.

Thought he had a canny game. He was definitely up for it too which can be half the battle in a match like that.

This was a real positive to see he's up for a battle and getting stuck in because if he can handle that side of the prem he's going to get the chance to show what he can do on the ball and hopefully make us tick.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Yohan Cabaye's first victory in a Newcastle shirt is one that will live with him for a very long time.

The midfielder, signed from Lille in the summer, is a key part of Alan Pardew's new-look United side and caught the eye at the Stadium of Light on Saturday as they ran out 1-0 winners over local rivals Sunderland.

Following the final whistle, 25-year-old Cabaye admitted he was surprised at the intensity of the Tyne-Wear derby, but was delighted to be part of the triumph.

"When I started to train with the group everybody said to me you will see something special at the Sunderland game," the French international told nufc.co.uk.

"They were telling me the atmosphere is fantastic, and a friend in France texted me to tell me about it too. I now know it is a big game!

"It was a difficult game because there was no space to play. When I received the ball, straight away there was a tackle there and I couldn't have a lot of touches. But the most important thing is the team and we won the game, so that is perfect.

"The celebrations were perfect too. We sung and it was a great atmosphere in the changing room.

"This was my first win with Newcastle, and we won the derby

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

I could hear "I'm Coming Home Newcastle" blasting out of Toon dressing room after derby win, Busker would have been proud #nufc

:D:rolleyes:

Sounds like a canny Team spirit to me.

After a derby win at the SOL? Who'd have thought it.. :D

Let's leave that verdict for when we enter a bad patch eh? I hope it's then found to be present in abundance (obviously) but in the meantime it's a bit pointless confusing team spirit with euphoria.

You have to stop and smell the roses Mr Manc.

Carp diem and all that. :D

(The thought of all those Frenchys and Argies mumbling through the verses and getting louder at the chorus, amuses me. :D

The roses smell sweet even all the way down here in Manchester mate, don't get me wrong. I just mean team spirit is tested in adversity so we await that and hope to have our expectations exceeded then. I'd like to think yesterday galvanized us as a 'new' team. :rolleyes:

Cabaye is a small bloke. Nolan would smash Cattermole up. I look forward to seeing Cabaye link up with HBA.

Most people would smash cattermole up, he's the epitome of a spineless little prick who goes over the top and tries to injure people, wouldn't last a second toe to toe with anyone remotely hard when it came to backing up the image he thinks he has.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Cabaye is a small bloke. Nolan would smash Cattermole up. I look forward to seeing Cabaye link up with HBA.

Most people would smash cattermole up, he's the epitome of a spineless little prick who goes over the top and tries to injure people, wouldn't last a second toe to toe with anyone remotely hard when it came to backing up the image he thinks he has.

exactly its why he hides behind the ref with a smug smirk on his face after he smacks someone. ref won't get there quick enough eventually and someone will give him an absolute hiding.

Really starting to look the part. Its gonna be one hell of a central midfield pairing once he has totally found his feet and Tiote gets into his form.

Looked more of a threat attackingwise today. Unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions and really does have not only an eye for a clever pass which will create a fair few goals this year but alot of technical ability too.

He is bound to score soon like.