Tooj

Travelling to the North East according to sky sports.com

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6991672,00.html

he looks a good player. you can't rely on this kid to be fit though looking at this history with injuries so we'd need to get at least one other striker in on top of him i reckon. he's not a direct replacement for nolan either so we're still down one influential midfielder.

Ba's signing will be prototypical of our recent transfer movements. Why pay 12M when you can hoy someone over for nothing? Always on the lookout for bargains is obviously a good thing, but it should be coupled with moving for players that we absolutely want.

If he signs hopefully he can stay fit and buck our normal trend in terms of injury prone players.

'I don't know why we are still talking about it. The knee is fine. I had surgery and the rehab didn't go as well as it should. So it's completely normal the knee isn't 100 per cent. But I can play football, I know how to manage it.'

Looks like he's turned Everton down for us, Everton fans on their forums saying it's because of the ridiculous wages we'll pay him ;) They're truly such thick cunts. Nothing to do with the fact we're a bigger club, and even WITH Ashley a far better infrastructure and fan base then? I don't think there's a more deluded support in world football to be honest.

They are probably right to an extent - players like Demba Ba go where the money is.

However this is likely to be an exception to the wage cap.

Our forward options at the moment are woeful. I'd welcome this land in addition to someone else. Simple as that really.

We need a top class striker and I doubt they are going to spend the money to get one.

After the Nolan transfer we will have spent £0.3m (Net)

Happy days and another ''big wage'' of the books.

Get in!!11

If he's got medical problems then he follows some recent criteria for signings i.e. Gosling, Ben Arfa, Ireland [loan]. He will fit right in.

It could be a case of him injured, Sherla fit. Sherla injured, Ba fit. All I know about him are memories of him playing for wist 'am at The Hawthorns, therefore not very much :D However, Parsnip says he knew all about him - even before West Ham, so that's good enough for me :)

Oh, and if he does sign I've got his song ready now:

Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba. Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba. Ba Ba Ba Baaaaaaaaaa BA! The Pearl and Dean cinema advert, for those of you too stupid to realise what it is :wub::D;)

Cracking player, looks like the blue dippers will end up with Jay Bothroyd instead to partner Beckford. Lad on their forum claiming Beckford will score more than Ba next season ;) clearly oblivious to the fact Demba scored as many last season in 12 games as Beckford did in 32.

We need a top class striker and I doubt they are going to spend the money to get one.

After the Nolan transfer we will have spent £0.3m (Net)

Happy days and another ''big wage'' of the books.

Get in!!11

Depends what you call a top striker and how much money you mean. I dont think 6-10M will be an issue but dont expect to see >£10M

The net figure is irrelevant until the window closes. We could sell Enrique for £15M yet and make it (£14.7M) spend ;)

What was lacking last season more than anything is an injection of pace.

Hopefully those that he's looking to bring in can bring that to the side.

Looks like decent business to me.

You won't really get that with Demba Ba. He is more of a fox in the box striker who prefers to always be in a goalscoring position. He does track back a bit, but he would rather be in the penalty box on the end of a good cross whipped in. He ain't got that much pace though, but he only needs 1 chance to score. I think he scored his first 4 goals within 6 shot attempts and 1 of those also hit the post!

You won't really get that with Demba Ba. He is more of a fox in the box striker who prefers to always be in a goalscoring position. He does track back a bit, but he would rather be in the penalty box on the end of a good cross whipped in. He ain't got that much pace though, but he only needs 1 chance to score. I think he scored his first 4 goals within 6 shot attempts and 1 of those also hit the post!

Is Spector as shit as he appears?

The thing about Spector is that, he was originally a striker and then Fergie brung him to Manu as a defender. When we took him in we also kept him as a defender and he is a TERRIBLE defender, but the only good thing Grant did for our club is he tried Spector in an attacking midfield role. Once he went into that role he scored those 2 goals against Manu in the cup, after that he scored another 2 goals within a few games....then Grant decided to drop him.

Every match that he has played as a midfielder, he has looked quality and always posses a goal threat. He was actually unlucky not to score 2 more goals due to some amazing goalkeeping. I seriously hope we keep him as he does works really hard and a lot of our fans are blinded due to only remembering his mistakes while playing as a defender.

The thing about Spector is that, he was originally a striker and then Fergie brung him to Manu as a defender. When we took him in we also kept him as a defender and he is a TERRIBLE defender, but the only good thing Grant did for our club is he tried Spector in an attacking midfield role. Once he went into that role he scored those 2 goals against Manu in the cup, after that he scored another 2 goals within a few games....then Grant decided to drop him.

Every match that he has played as a midfielder, he has looked quality and always posses a goal threat. He was actually unlucky not to score 2 more goals due to some amazing goalkeeping. I seriously hope we keep him as he does works really hard and a lot of our fans are blinded due to only remembering his mistakes while playing as a defender.

It looks like his contract offer was rescinded and he's a free agent.

It looks like his contract offer was rescinded and he's a free agent.

Yeah. I think he is waiting to see what else is available. Maybe him having a bad reputation will be our saving grace.

Looks like he's turned Everton down for us, Everton fans on their forums saying it's because of the ridiculous wages we'll pay him ;) They're truly such thick cunts. Nothing to do with the fact we're a bigger club, and even WITH Ashley a far better infrastructure and fan base then? I don't think there's a more deluded support in world football to be honest.

Looks like you offered him 70k a week, he came back to us and said if we matched it he'd sign for us, we told him to do one, and he's now signed / signing for you.

But yeah what you said is the same eh? :)