Tooj

Pissed off about this.

Pissed off with his agents

Pissed off with Ba

Pissed of with the money men at NUFC who couldn't/ wouldn't make a suitable deal to keep him.

Thanks for the goals Demba, some beauties, but the nasty side of me hopes your knee explodes the first time you step out for Chelsea.

I'll be even more pissed if/when we don't replace him with equal or better, and end the window, as I suspect we might, with an even weaker squad.

+1

All the divvies thanking him and wishing him well for the future!? He's fucked off NUFC man, he's a cunt forever now. That's how it works

Well, I fail to see how AC can be a cunt and the same not apply here?

Course I'm grateful for his goals, but thats what he got paid for. Now he wants to be paid WAY more for the same thing.

In a sense, yes it was the right deal for us and him at the time and we've been a vehicle until a bigger club came along (bigger in sense of what he can achieve).

Im a bit fucked off that we wont show the ambition to keep him (I say that but we know we have offered improved deals "rumoured" to be up to 70kpw but who knows). So is he a greedy fucker or is his agent just getting him the best deal as is his job. No different to any other player I guess.

But if he goes (needs to pass the medical first) then so be it but we MUST replace him this window and sooner rather than later.

Well, I fail to see how AC can be a cunt and the same not apply here?

Andy Carroll was a local lad who went to Liverpool. Ba has been with us just 18 months and is signing for the European champions. It's isn't necessarily all about money.

You can't just "invest" money in a football club. Ashley would have to lend money to the club, which eventually needs to be repaid.

Chelsea have tried to get round this in the past by converting the loan into equity, but that's massively frowned upon and will still be treated as a loan for the FFP regulations.

MA could stick in another £50m to bankroll a couple of big players and boost the salaries of the squad by another £1m a season each, but we'd still not be able to compete with the rich boys and we'd still fall short of regularly qualifying for the CL. As a result, we'd have more or less the same income but be hamorrhaging cash.

It's not our strategy that stinks, it's the Premiership in general. It is inherently anti-competitive. We simply don't have a chance.

the ffp rules don't come in until 2015 though. and even then i'm certain there will still be ways to side step the new regulations.

so many premiership clubs still spend considerably above their income. the owners of chelsea and man city will almost certainly walk away from the sport if they can't throw their cash about anymore. you're talking an entirely new form of club ownership, which would be great for the game if you're talking about a more level playing field, but in reality i can't see it happening. clubs will still find ways to bend the rules.

as things stand wealthy owners can still give substantial financial gifts. they can still pay off existing debt, inject cash and give loans which are later written off.

EDIT - dodgy sponsorship deals like those you see at Man City are just one of the potential ways around the new rules...

EDIT 2 - this is all moot anyway as Ashley doesn't want to throw more cash in.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Well, like Ant, I have no prob with AC. What I was slowly getting at was AC left for a shit load of money (for the club, dunno about him). Ba looks like he is leaving for a shit load for him and for CL football. Chelsea is a step up in his career. With regards AC, I personally still feel he was sold with little choice and Id still have him back. Im probably more fucked off with the club than the player in both cases.

Andy Carroll was a local lad who went to Liverpool. Ba has been with us just 18 months and is signing for the European champions. It's isn't necessarily all about money.

Carroll was told to leave, Ba was asked to stay

the ffp rules don't come in until 2015 though. and even then i'm certain there will still be ways to side step the new regulations.

so many premiership clubs still spend considerably above their income. the owners of chelsea and man city will almost certainly walk away from the sport if they can't throw their cash about anymore. you're talking an entirely new form of club ownership, which would be great for the game if you're talking about a more level playing field, but in reality i can't see it happening. clubs will still find ways to bend the rules.

as things stand wealthy owners can still give substantial financial gifts. they can still pay off existing debt, inject cash and give loans which are later written off.

EDIT - dodgy sponsorship deals like those you see at Man City are just one of the potential ways around the new rules...

EDIT 2 - this is all moot anyway as Ashley doesn't want to throw more cash in.

The clock started ticking this year and full compliance has to be "in place" by 2015 I believe.

Malaga (I think it was/is) have already been suspended from the CL/Europe next season for some breach of FFP to do with unpaid debts.

I think the FFP could work, it's been brought in because there was a will for it from the clubs, the really rich (in their own right) don't want to be upstaged by the artificially rich.

Edited by Toonpack

To those who mentioned wages and how we can't compete with top clubs in the premiership, I say this. I don't believe a word that comes out of FMA or his right-hand man regarding money. They probably make more money than most of you think off the club. We, the fans are getting hosed.

You're telling me the club can't spend 15-20 million pounds for top notch players?! I don't buy the crap they try to spew out. It's all B.S.!

The assessment is made in 2014, but it looks at the financial years ending in 2012 and 2013 and requires a break even position over those years. Man City in particular will struggle to overcome their huge losses - this is despite them taking a massive hit and writing off player contracts left right and centre in a bid to take an early hit in 2011 before the rules came into play.

I have no doubt that clubs will try all sorts of creative ways to side step the rules and find loopholes, but the idea / hope is that UEFA will grow a set of balls and put their foot down.

Clubs have to submit audited interim and annual figures to UEFA for review and that includes detail of the make up of income and expenditure. (ie not just a single figure).

Using NUFC as an example, if Ashley loaned the club £50m, it would appear as a liability. This is fine, as long as it doesn't make the club technically insolvent.

However, you can't simply write off a loan in a set of accounts when you're the one paying it back, and this is where the FFP rules are pretty clear as any write off is excluded from relevant income / expense. That would mean that the additional spending would be unfunded and create a loss making position.

Who knows how hard line UEFA will be though. They've put a lot of money into developing the regulation and it will cost a lot to implement it. Opinion seems to be divided between those who think it could really mess up the likes of Chelsea and Man City and those who think UEFA are infested with corruption and it'll have no impact at all.

The clock started ticking this year and full compliance has to be "in place" by 2015 I believe.

Malaga (I think it was/is) have already been suspended from the CL/Europe next season for some breach of FFP to do with unpaid debts.

I think the FFP could work, it's been brought in because there was a will forit from the clubs, the really rich (in their own right) don't want to be upstaged by the artificially rich.

i remain scpetical. i'm all for the ffp rules in theory as they should help clubs like us but i'm convinced clubs with wealthy benefactors will find a way around it. how are you going to stop man city pulling in cash from all the companies that have a vested interest in the club as they do currently? that's not covered in the regulations as far as i'm aware

Edited by Dr Gloom

Wouldn't be surprised to see us in for AC now.

Ba will score an absolute fuckton with the service he'll get at Chelski. They won't be averse to chucking £90k p/w at him given his scoring record in the league either. It's a pretty obvious step up for him and his people.

Given the noises that he was becoming a disruptive influence within the club, it's best to get him out on the proviso that we're able to bring in a replacement this window. In the meantime moving Cisse more centrally will benefit his game and hopefully mean we'll get goals out of him like we did this time last season (where Ba went on the barren run which pretty much lasted until the season's end).

i remain scpetical. i'm all for the ffp rules in theory as they should help clubs like us but i'm convinced clubs with wealthy benefactors will find a way around it. how are you going to stop man city pulling in cash from all the companies that have a vested interest in the club as they do currently? that's not covered in the regulations as far as i'm aware

A good read:

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Newcastle%20United

To those who mentioned wages and how we can't compete with top clubs in the premiership, I say this. I don't believe a word that comes out of FMA or his right-hand man regarding money. They probably make more money than most of you think off the club. We, the fans are getting hosed.

You're telling me the club can't spend 15-20 million pounds for top notch players?! I don't buy the crap they try to spew out. It's all B.S.!

Mike Ashley is down by about £140m and has taken nothing out. Llambias is paid a salary in line with what any other MD of a company of NUFC's size would be paid (about 3 weeks of Ba's wages).

We, the fans, have the cheapest season tickets in the league on average.

I'm no Mike Ashley apologist, but he's not milking the club at all.

The clubs figures are to be audited by independent firms. Any related party transactions are identified and flagged up. If there's anything significant in there, UEFA will be made aware of it.

The clubs figures are to be audited by independent firms. Any related party transactions are identified and flagged up. If there's anything significant in there, UEFA will be made aware of it.

so it's curtains for the likes of chelsea, city and psg?

i dunno. i'd love it if it does happen but will believe it when i see it.

Mike Ashley is down by about £140m and has taken nothing out. Llambias is paid a salary in line with what any other MD of a company of NUFC's size would be paid (about 3 weeks of Ba's wages).

it's not that he's milking the club. successful football clubs as a rule are not profitable but he's had a lot of free global advertising for sports direct, his company that does make money. as far as i'm aware the chav sportswear retailer isn't actually putting money into the club to have its name splashed all over the stadium.

anyway; it's more that he could be putting more of his own cash into the club as things stand - if he wanted to - that grates with me. he's fucking minted man. why buy the club if you're not passionate about the team doing well? it strikes me that he doesn't give much of a shit.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Is the 140m pounds documented? I have no idea. In any event, you would be shocked to learn the "real" money behind the percentage of money that goes to the club/owners, and that of which goes to the players. How much money has he made from shirts sales and other toon products? How about TV money? What about the money the club got for finishing 5th last season? What about the money the club gets from the EPL for being in the Premiership. And on and on and on. I don't buy it.

Who was our biggest buy the past three seasons? Was it Cisse at, what, 9-10 mill? BA was free. HBA was around 5 mill. Tiote same. Cabaye, what, 6-7 mill? The rest? Marvaeux, Bigi, who else cost this club a fortune? NO ONE! I DO NOT buy it!!!

Is the 140m pounds documented? I have no idea. In any event, you would be shocked to learn the "real" money behind the percentage of money that goes to the club/owners, and that of which goes to the players. How much money has he made from shirts sales and other toon products? How about TV money? What about the money the club got for finishing 5th last season? What about the money the club gets from the EPL for being in the Premiership. And on and on and on. I don't buy it.

Who was our biggest buy the past three seasons? Was it Cisse at, what, 9-10 mill? BA was free. HBA was around 5 mill. Tiote same. Cabaye, what, 6-7 mill? The rest? Marvaeux, Bigi, who else cost this club a fortune? NO ONE! I DO NOT buy it!!!

Erm... read the accounts.

snapback.pngLooneyToony, on 02 January 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Erm... read the accounts.

Sorry, I'm from Canada. Where can I see these "accounts". And, does it make a difference to my point?

As much as I hope his knee goes again when he inevitably moves, I don't blame Ba one bit. We're going nowhere fast and he has the chance to join a club who'll genuinely challenge for honours. It's absolutely the right thing for him to do at this stage in his career and the summer gone will have told him all he needs to know about this club's ambition, or lack of it. And before anyone asks, I don't expect us to compete with the likes of Chelsea but we certainly could've and should've strengthened more in the last window.

Happy New Year © Leazes.

Happy New Year Alex. He didnt have the chance to move before now so not sure ambition comes into it. He spent years looking for a decent club, was in deals with the likes of Stoke, West Ham and then us. No one came in for him last summer as there were still question marks, was his form permanent? The fact that he has moved now has everything to do with him removing those question marks and very little to do with our own club's ambition.