Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

The decent frenchmen who have played for us ( Distan,Cabaye,Ginola,Goma,Domi ) have all stayed for a short a period then moved to where they thought the grass was greener.Absolutely shit players like Gouffran and Obertan have hung around and picked up wages for doing next to nowt.We probably doubled their wages and now both will end up on half their wages plying their trade back in France.It won't bother them of course because like most of today's footballers,they were handed the one big contract which will leave them financially secure for the rest of their lives.

Goma and Domi were bang average tbf

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to have Marveaux back. Hopefully his good season on loan combined with McClaren / new coaches will get the best out of him.

Put your rod away man, no one's biting :lol:

Nice to have Marveaux back. Hopefully his good season on loan combined with McClaren / new coaches will get the best out of him.

I'd rank his return up there with yours.

• 8 months later...

Do we really want Marveaux playing? This isn't pre season we've got 8 games left

Rafa has only just arrived but hes got to realise that players like him Gouffran and Riviere just aren't good enough. Not got the time for clean slates imo

I'd have Marveaux in a heartbeat and wouldn't mind see a few Obertan runs and crosses down the right.

Marveaux based on what, when was the last time you actually saw him play?

He was pretty poor on his loan spell last year

He was pretty poor on his loan spell last year

Based on we are useless in and around the box. He has a good football brain and can pick out a good forward pass.

I think you're misunderstanding the thought process behind CT's player recommendations... he doesn't watch anyone play besides our first team, so has no idea what his form has been like in his loan spells - and he tends to favour players who are out of the team. I think it was the Fish who suggested that this was because they weren't likely to get in the team, and therefore it's a fairly safe claim for him to make.

At the same time he'll run down players currently in the team who aren't performing, and will then become mysteriously quiet about them when they start improving/score (Mitrovic at the weekend).

It's never going to happen at the end of the day, Rafa won't play him, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Marveaux is the exact opposite of what we want, the bloke literally moves to get out of the way of oncoming players rather than make an attempt to tackle them (the worst one was against Sunderland a couple of seasons back) he's shite and so is Obertan.

I say we see if we can get Kazenga Lualua on an emergency loan, he's not been playing for Brighton recently so they might be willing to part with CT's erstwhile favourite, temporarily.