Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably Barton'll get a release clause meaning he can leave on a free if QPR go down. If that happens we'll probably try and sign him in 12 months.

Heart on his sleeve isn't it? The sort of thing we love until it's not in our favour.

He obviously doesn't want to go and what's wrong with hoping it'll work out even to the very end, like my last 12 relationships.

is it fuck.

If he wanted to stay he would turn round and say, "No,I'm not off to the Medical, Im staying"

He's been told to leave, he's being given away and only one club has come in for him.

Is it so unbelievable to think he is hoping that the club he wants to play for has a change of heart?

He can turn round and say fine, ill sit and take my wage for the next 12 months. Really piss the fat fuck off.

Yes it is unbelievable to be honest.

yes, he could to that. So could Nolan. Why didn't they ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

that's what makes me laugh about you, and some others. You don't read a word of what anybody says.

And what is wrong with moving jobs for more money ? It makes your "new employers" more attractive, wouldn't you agree ? Which is partly the point I'm making. Would you not do it ?

Does it not strike you, that a club with the appeal of NUFC - or what they ought to have - are actually losing their best players to a club like QPR - and West Ham - BECAUSE they are making themselves more attractive to him ? Doesn't that reflect massively on how NUFC is to players nowadays ?

If I was a professional footballer I would want to play at the highest level, I don't consider West Ham a bigger or more attractive option than Newcastle. The fact they want to give a 5 yr 50k a week contract to Nolan,who at 29 with his best years behind him, is daft.

The Barton situation is different but I still wouldn't give him a 5 year deal, would you??

YOU don't consider West Ham to be a more attractive proposition, but Nolan and probably Barton have found other more attractive propositions.

What exactly do you base your comments on ? Why do you think over the next 5 years, we are a more attractive proposition ? Bear in mind Nolan is looking at the longer term [and yes we realise at the end of that his career will be over]. Where do you think each club will be in 2, 3, or 4 years time, under current ownerships ?

Nolan is looking at his pay packet, which will be 12.5m over 5 years. That's it . We are and always will be a bigger club than West Ham. See how much players enjoy running around a half empty stadium when they move. We will be in the prem next season. I hope West Ham lose the play off final

ALAN PARDEW does not want Joey Barton to quit Newcastle United.

The midfielder has stalled on a move to newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers and the Toon Army made their feelings clear at Glanford Park last night with chants of “There’s only one Joey Barton” to go with hundreds of tweets of support for the Scouse star.

The Chronicle understands United are closing in on defender Erik Pieters and if the Magpies can get through the transfer window with Barton still a Newcastle player and nail a striker in the final few days of the window, tensions would be eased for Geordie punters after some anxious moments against Scunthorpe last night

Pardew says he would be “100%” open to Barton coming back to the club and he told the Chronicle: “At the moment, Joey is thinking long and hard about his future.

“He knows what is happening in respect of the team and the players.

“He also knows he can come back here and it is a good environment.

“He might want to try to stay here and improve the club’s situation.

“He might take QPR on, but it is his decision.

“We might have to live and die by it.

“He is an important player for us and has a role to play.”

When pressed on if he was hopeful of additions before the window closes, Pardew said: “Yes we are. We are working to do it, but that is not my side of the job.

“Hopefully, we can get one or two over the line.”

If I could leave my current job for one where I was paid more I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If my employer offered me LESS than I was currently on I think I'd go without even having another job lined up.

Football is different, but talk of greed is daft when he's basically going to be on the same money. It's not like he's Eto'ing his salary here.

He's going to be filthy rich for the rest of his life. If you were offered £1m a year for sewing footballs in Cambodia 18 hours a day or £500k for playing football, what would you choose? That's the dilemma he has.

Not quite sure the differences are that stark. Same money, longer contract, worse club, better employers. Exactly the same as Nolan's dilemma. Except he didn't harp on like an Emo kid all over twitter about it.

Heart on his sleeve isn't it? The sort of thing we love until it's not in our favour.

He obviously doesn't want to go and what's wrong with hoping it'll work out even to the very end, like my last 12 relationships.

is it fuck.

If he wanted to stay he would turn round and say, "No,I'm not off to the Medical, Im staying"

He's been told to leave, he's being given away and only one club has come in for him.

Is it so unbelievable to think he is hoping that the club he wants to play for has a change of heart?

He can turn round and say fine, ill sit and take my wage for the next 12 months. Really piss the fat fuck off.

Yes it is unbelievable to be honest.

yes, he could to that. So could Nolan. Why didn't they ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

that's what makes me laugh about you, and some others. You don't read a word of what anybody says.

And what is wrong with moving jobs for more money ? It makes your "new employers" more attractive, wouldn't you agree ? Which is partly the point I'm making. Would you not do it ?

Does it not strike you, that a club with the appeal of NUFC - or what they ought to have - are actually losing their best players to a club like QPR - and West Ham - BECAUSE they are making themselves more attractive to him ? Doesn't that reflect massively on how NUFC is to players nowadays ?

If I was a professional footballer I would want to play at the highest level, I don't consider West Ham a bigger or more attractive option than Newcastle. The fact they want to give a 5 yr 50k a week contract to Nolan,who at 29 with his best years behind him, is daft.

The Barton situation is different but I still wouldn't give him a 5 year deal, would you??

YOU don't consider West Ham to be a more attractive proposition, but Nolan and probably Barton have found other more attractive propositions.

What exactly do you base your comments on ? Why do you think over the next 5 years, we are a more attractive proposition ? Bear in mind Nolan is looking at the longer term [and yes we realise at the end of that his career will be over]. Where do you think each club will be in 2, 3, or 4 years time, under current ownerships ?

Nolan is looking at his pay packet, which will be 12.5m over 5 years. That's it . We are and always will be a bigger club than West Ham. See how much players enjoy running around a half empty stadium when they move. We will be in the prem next season. I hope West Ham lose the play off final

unfortunately, we haven't always behaved like a bigger club than the likes of West Ham and QPR, like now. Hence the attraction.

The next question should have been

''So Alan if that's the case why is Joey up on a free transfer, surely that indicates the club want the player out the door?''

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Going to have to make a decision today, its only fair to all parties.

Worst case of attention seeking I've ever seen tbh.

I agree. Plus, he said his 'hands are tied' yesterday. Not that tight then if you're able to make a decision on whether or not to stay or go.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Going to have to make a decision today, its only fair to all parties.

Worst case of attention seeking I've ever seen tbh.

I agree. Plus, he said his 'hands are tied' yesterday. Not that tight then if you're able to make a decision on whether or not to stay or go.

Mad to think that 2 in every 100 adults in England alive today, has Joey Barton on twitter, and it's as a result of his desperation for attention, you're spot on with the hands are tied crack.

Taking that goofy David Craig with him and the stopping of the car for an "exclusive" interview while trying to make it look impromptu was very poor mind . If he stays I'd be glad, and if he does i rekon he should just get on with it . Save all the publicity rubbish for when he's wrapped football and join the Savages of this world . Or when he heads a Government think-tank or whatever - if he believes his own spoutings.

One thing that gets me about those that say "Joey should stay and collect his wages for 12 months".

Would that not make him a parasite? We slate Smith for doing exactly that and yet the difference is that he actually appears to be wanted by the club.

One thing that gets me about those that say "Joey should stay and collect his wages for 12 months".

Would that not make him a parasite? We slate Smith for doing exactly that and yet the difference is that he actually appears to be wanted by the club.

I don't see how he would be a parasite. He'd be providing a very good service for which he would be justifiably given a decent salary. Where as the only service Smith gives, is modelling the fuckin kit, and he still looks like a mug. He's well in to his motorbikes Smith, I'm not saying I want him to do a Barry Sheen, but if he come off one and broke his leg we wouldn't have to pay his wages. I'll feel happier when Smith's contract ends than when Souness left and Jenas was sold. The definition of parasite. He could go back to Leeds but he won't cos he's happy on the bench collecting his obscene wages.

If we won't get any striker this window, I wonder if they will train Smith back to striker and see if he actually can score us some goals. I suggest he'll be our new Carroll replacement and start doing stuff with his head in front of goal, seeing that's his only strong aspect, and if he can't get at least 10 we'll brake his legs again. He better start doing something for all those fuckin millions he stole from the club...

Can I make a suggestion? Try and be a little bit more subtle.