Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club have what they wanted; the vocal players from the squad gone.

We've lost our most influential player(s) and show no signs of replacing them adequately.

Cabaye? Although I agree with the general sentiment.

Can't understand why QPR are looking to bring in SWP as well mind. Barton's best position as proved over the last year is wide on the right, where he has the freedom to cut inside. I wonder how long it is before him and Taraabt fall out?

Cant understand why yet again people are trying to over complicate this sorry tale.

He was offered a contract in Jan. Verbally agreed then renaged.

He then slagged his employers off at talk ins and via twitter.

He was then told he wasnt getting a new contract and could go.

He then used twitter to cause even more problems prompting the free transfer.

Unfortunately for Joey, even on a free virtually every premiership club decided to stay clear.

Was a great player last season and may have done so again this season but all of the above could have been avoided had he just signed the deal on the table in January.

I think a lot of this is down to him believing his own hype combined with his slime ball agent pissing in his ear all summer.

Think he will regret this move very very soon, never mind the relative worship he got around here compared to the abuse he will get down south.

Wasn't it the club who went back on the verbally agreed deal?

Not according to Joeys agent.

Ah yes, the ever believable Willie McKay... :icon_lol:

Aye and what would McKay have to gain by that exactly :icon_lol: ffs

If the Telegraph is to be believed he's gained about £600K. A damned sight more than if Joey had re-signed for us.

Someone like Willie McKay or Paul Stretford can manipulate players, especially thick impressionable ones like Wayne Rooney. I can't imagine they could manipulate Barton, he has got what he wanted, I think ideally he'd want the contract he has now but with us. Fuck him, don't want to hear his name again.

Regardless of what you think of Joey Barton, the club have let one of our best players leave for one of our rivals for free with little propsect of getting anyone in to replace him by Wednesday night.

How on earth does that make any business sense whatsoever?

Cant understand why yet again people are trying to over complicate this sorry tale.

Unfortunately for Joey, even on a free virtually every premiership club decided to stay clear.

Was a great player last season and may have done so again this season but all of the above could have been avoided had he just signed the deal on the table in January.

I think a lot of this is down to him believing his own hype combined with his slime ball agent pissing in his ear all summer.

Think he will regret this move very very soon, never mind the relative worship he got around here compared to the abuse he will get down south.

Well as he's Joeys agent he's hardly going to say that unless it was true. You however are talking about January, it appears, just on what you have decided in your own head.

I think when you have someone like Stevie, who has been pissed around by our regime more than anyone, telling you the way it is, you have to listen imo.

If the Telegraph is to be believed he's gained about £600K. A damned sight more than if Joey had re-signed for us.

Someone like Willie McKay or Paul Stretford can manipulate players, especially thick impressionable ones like Wayne Rooney. I can't imagine they could manipulate Barton, he has got what he wanted, I think ideally he'd want the contract he has now but with us. Fuck him, don't want to hear his name again.

I agree with that bit in bold. And don't you think he'd have been deserving of it had he got it?

Apparently they're in for SWP too. Good little team in the making. Handling Taarabt and Barton will be an interesting challenge for Warnock.

Boothroyd and Dudley Campbell up front??

Would you have said that if we had signed them??

I think when you have someone like Stevie, who has been pissed around by our regime more than anyone, telling you the way it is, you have to listen imo.

You absolute patronising cunt! :icon_lol:

I'd go easy on trying to induct Stevie into 'team positive' as well you utter mong!

Apparently they're in for SWP too. Good little team in the making. Handling Taarabt and Barton will be an interesting challenge for Warnock.

Boothroyd and Dudley Campbell up front??

Would you have said that if we had signed them??

Signed under the old owners. The new owners showing a fair amount of ambition.

I'd go easy on trying to induct Stevie into 'team positive' as well you utter mong!

:icon_lol:

Regardless of what you think of Joey Barton, the club have let one of our best players leave for one of our rivals for free with little propsect of getting anyone in to replace him by Wednesday night.

How on earth does that make any business sense whatsoever?

It doesn't and I would have liked him to stay but he tried to play a game with Ashley and lost and has now ended up there. Bet that wasn't in his initial plan

I agree with that bit in bold. And don't you think he'd have been deserving of it had he got it?

What £100,000 a week. I don't think Messi is worth that. Really given the majority of his time here £40000 should've been acceptable but 60k for him was more than a fair offer.

I agree with you it makes no business sense, it's pathetic from the board fucking shows how little they know about football when they're clearly negotiating with other clubs, agents and players, like it's a fucking sports wholesalers when it's a completely different business, with different principles. Ashley is an arsehole, but understanding the way they think and operate it makes sense to me why they removed the offer, Dave Whelan at Wigan said he's the biggest cunt in business, and you can see why. Shambolic from all parties. Time to move on, fuck them all.

Can't understand why QPR are looking to bring in SWP as well mind. Barton's best position as proved over the last year is wide on the right, where he has the freedom to cut inside. I wonder how long it is before him and Taraabt fall out?

Just what I had been thinking.

Oh well, he's gone. Another one bites the dust. There's only a small handful of people who actually know the truth and we, nor the media, are any of them. Instead, yet again, we've lost a pretty influential player - this time for nowt - and the fans are at each other again. Lambsarse drops another grape into the fat bloke's gob as they watch us squabble.

Oh dear :icon_lol:

Some sanctimonious shite getting posted by some of you lot on twitter this afternoon mind. Fuck me.

As for CT, I can only imagine his wife bought him a season ticket to give her a couple of hours every other week where her and the kids don't have to put up with his fucking drivel.

Ah yes, the ever believable Willie McKay... :razz:

What £100,000 a week. I don't think Messi is worth that. Really given the majority of his time here £40000 should've been acceptable but 60k for him was more than a fair offer.

I agree with you it makes no business sense, it's pathetic from the board fucking shows how little they know about football when they're clearly negotiating with other clubs, agents and players, like it's a fucking sports wholesalers when it's a completely different business, with different principles. Ashley is an arsehole, but understanding the way they think and operate it makes sense to me why they removed the offer, Dave Whelan at Wigan said he's the biggest cunt in business, and you can see why. Shambolic from all parties. Time to move on, fuck them all.

He's not on £100K a week man. :icon_lol:

Some sanctimonious shite getting posted by some of you lot on twitter this afternoon mind. Fuck me.

As for CT, I can only imagine his wife bought him a season ticket to give her a couple of hours every other week where her and the kids don't have to put up with his fucking drivel.

Wahey! Ginge pops in.