Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sick of all the negative fans here who despise a player who walks out the door

tbh I'm actually more positive now when he's finally left and things are back to normal, and I can't say I despise him either I just choose to ignore the rest of his meaningless career at QPR.

Really disappointed he's gone.

Don't care how much he says he wanted to stay, if he really wanted to he would have. 2007 he signed and yet we only got one good season out of him. You'd think he'd have show some loyalty to the club with all that went on, regardless of who the owners were because at the end of the day it's us the fans who paid his wages. He owed us another season.

I actually got taken in with how much he claimed to love the club but to leave for a club such as QPR just goes to show it's all about the benjamins.

As has been said, get as angry as you want at him and try to push off as much blame as possible on him (and that will assuredly be the club's PR spin), but the brutal facts remain: we have let a key player go for free to a divisional rival for no reason other than Fat Mike's petulance at being criticised.

If they'd given Barton a contract, he would've stayed. If they were bound and determined not to, they should've demanded a fee, which QPR would likely have paid. This is another catastrophic stroke of idiocy from Fat Mike and Diamond Dekka and anyone who says otherwise is, plain and simple, an idiot or a troll.

I totally agree

As has been said, get as angry as you want at him and try to push off as much blame as possible on him (and that will assuredly be the club's PR spin), but the brutal facts remain: we have let a key player go for free to a divisional rival for no reason other than Fat Mike's petulance at being criticised.

If they'd given Barton a contract, he would've stayed. If they were bound and determined not to, they should've demanded a fee, which QPR would likely have paid. This is another catastrophic stroke of idiocy from Fat Mike and Diamond Dekka and anyone who says otherwise is, plain and simple, an idiot or a troll.

I totally agree

Yes Joey wanted a contract and yes the club didn't want to give him one. But Joey is a smart lad and he must have knew what he was doing on twitter.

There is only one winner in all this and it's not us and it's not the owners.

im not naming any names because it will spark mayhem but all i can say is im sick of all the negative fans here who despise a player who walks out the door its like there blaming the player for leaving when in actual fact its the owners doing the buisso

QFT

Directing vitriol at the player is frankly laughable when we all know what consistently idiotic arseholes we have at the helm.

I totally agree

Yes Joey wanted a contract and yes the club didn't want to give him one. But Joey is a smart lad and he must have knew what he was doing on twitter.

There is only one winner in all this and it's not us and it's not the owners.

They would have been had they let basic business acumen come before pride.

Considering all the shit mistakes (and fuck me, there's been some crackers!) they've made, this one is the creme de la creme.

I just can't believe we gave him away for free. He was under contract and we just gave him away. Why didn't we demand even a low fee like £500k-1m?

We basically made it economically viable for our relegation rivals to sign him.

tbh Barton is a workie ticket and I'm not devastated he's left. And I don't really care who's to blame, it's not as if we didn't know what the parties involved are like (Ashley, Llambias, Barton, McKay, Wormtongue-doo). No, what upsets me is we have weakened our team, strengthened our relegation rivals, not got a fucking penny out of it, and (I'm convinced) there isn't a snowball-up-a-cat's-arse-chance-in-hell of him being replaced by 1 Sept.

So we've lost someone at the peak of his powers, PL hardened, who did the business on the field and for what? Because he's a pain in the arse for the owner presumably. This doesn't strike me as a business or football decision, it's personal.

Im not too sure what other option the club had about the free, given the situation that arose.

If we leave to one side everything prior to him being told he wouldnt be getting a new contract.

Nobody comes in to sign him when a fee was involved.

Allegedly, (according to his agent), he threw that spat at Leeds where he argued with the players and argued with Pardew and then put out those anti Newcastle tweets on the evening.

Im not too sure at this point what alternative the club had given the broken bridges and Joeys state of mind. There would be no point continuing to pay his wages for the next year if this sort of thing was going to be a regular occurrence and Barton was simply going to be training with the young uns but not playing.

Simply getting rid ASAP in "those" circumstances seems a bit like the only option and the free made it happen.

I actually got taken in with how much he claimed to love the club but to leave for a club such as QPR just goes to show it's all about the benjamins.

The incident when getting angry and tugging on Gervhinho for filming then doing the very same thing when Gerry taps his neck a bit, really mirrors what kind of double standards this guy has, doesn't it? Such a false personality and the need to be threated better than everybody else despite behaving like shit, is despicable... reminds me of a psychopath.

Agreed Kitman. I'd be less bothered if he went to Spurs or someone like that, who we realistically won't be challenging for anthing. We'll be in and around where QPR are and it's more than possible that he'll be a part of something negative against us (either in terms of league position or during a match between the two clubs).

Seeing him turn out for them against us will be surreal. There's no good reason why he shouldn't still be a NUFC player.

Agreed Kitman. I'd be less bothered if he went to Spurs or someone like that, who we realistically won't be challenging for anthing. We'll be in and around where QPR are and it's more than possible that he'll be a part of something negative against us (either in terms of league position or during a match between the two clubs).

Seeing him turn out for them against us will be surreal. There's no good reason why he shouldn't still be a NUFC player.

Yes. This is probably totally naive of me but I'd rather have him in the squad and let him leave on a free at the end of the season than strengthen QPR. Or at least wait till January. I realise there's more to it than that but the money involved seems relatively small...unless we don't replace him, it's not as if we're saving money. As I said it's personal imo.

The owner wins as he wants to cut costs. £2.5m saved on JB going.

Disagree. Joey was a first team regular and as such had worth, so the owner has lost an asset for nothing. IMO it was all a game of brinkmanship which the owner has lost.

The owner wins as he wants to cut costs. £2.5m saved on JB going.

Disagree. Joey was a first team regular and as such had worth, so the owner has lost an asset for nothing. IMO it was all a game of brinkmanship which the owner has lost.

I think HF is referring to the savings in wages that won't be spent.

Player of the season given away to a rival team in the same league.

Barton was a huge player for us and we're going to miss his influence and ability. Just as he'd turned the corner and started giving something back after the club stuck by him as well.

Ludicrous. It speaks volumes about the board when a player spends six months in prison yet remains at the club, only to be thrown out for speaking against the hierarchy.

Player of the season given away to a rival team in the same league.

Barton was a huge player for us and we're going to miss his influence and ability. Just as he'd turned the corner and started giving something back after the club stuck by him as well.

Ludicrous. It speaks volumes about the board when a player spends six months in prison yet remains at the club, only to be thrown out for speaking against the hierarchy.

But it's like he engineered the move himself...he had a good salary and could just stay the season out despite not liking the board and getting a new contract. He's part to blame for this, not just the hierarchy.

I think he would get his contract at the end anyways if he just kept his mouth shut.

Edited by Aeris