Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

The only thing I want to say is that people should stop trying to shoe-horn this episode into their pre-defined views of the club. It doesnt represent much when you look at all the facts.

Luke Edwards article sums it all up for me.

Very Good

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/lukeedw...rth-the-hassle/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I want to say is that people should stop trying to shoe-horn this episode into their pre-defined views of the club. It doesnt represent much when you look at all the facts.

Completely agree. I'd say knowing what I believe to be fact now, this particular episode is 60% Barton/McKay to blame 40% Dekka/Portly-one. There's no point in saying ah it's all them is it fuck.

The bottom line to me is that I think 4 years of guaranteed income was more important to Joey Barton than only 12 months worth.

None of us know what he is on but one thing is certain. QPR only had to offer him half of what he was on here and his guaranteed income over the next 4 years was doubled.

I can understand the anger at him leaving, but people taking it out on the player and telling him to "fuck off you greedy scouse cunt" is ridiculous. All these people rail at the current regime, and yet when a player, who had it confirmed by the owners that he has no future at the club, decides to leave it's all his fault. He should have stayed for the fans, and all that shite.

Even if you basically thought it would be nice if he stayed, in the real world that was a hugely unlikely situation, and you can't rip into him for NOT making a business decision with his heart.

Look through the anger, and find some logic.

Completely agree. I'd say knowing what I believe to be fact now, this particular episode is 60% Barton/McKay to blame 40% Dekka/Portly-one. There's no point in saying ah it's all them is it fuck.

Given how vociferious you've been Stevie, you're clearly pissed off he's gone. To that end, do you not think that they should have offered him a deal this summer or at the very least, demanded a transfer fee?

He's left here for absolutely sweet fuck all and that's one thing he cannot be blamed for.

I don't hate Barton (I'm not a fan of the revisionism that happens when a player leaves the club, but that's for another thread) but I'm not going to bum him either. I'm somewhere inbetween - I appreciate his contribution last season, realise we've lost a fantastic footballer but I'm relieved the circus that follows him no longer has its tent pitched in Newcastle. I've no doubt that financal gain motivated him but then who wouldn't be swayed by tens of thousands of pounds extra? I do think he'd have preferred to stay here but he was never going to be a favourite of those running the place, especially not after he had it out with Llambias when Hughton was sacked.

My ire is once again reserved for those in charge of the club. He's a great footballer who we've given away to a rival for no other reason than those in charge have misplaced their copy of Football Ownership for Dummies. Sell him for a fee? Fine. Let him leave for free? Utterly mental.

Stevie was very angry with Enrique for leaving as well, but I know you rated him as a CL quality fullback didn't you Stevie? So maybe that has made you more angry that he's left. I don't hold grudges against players unless they really disrespect the fans and haven't put a shift in for the team while they were here. Ultimately they've gone now, and it's up to the current board to replace them. It doesn't look as though we've made strong attempts to do so.

Forget about Barton now, he's history. Question is, is Obertan his replacement? Because that's quite a downgrade if so.

I don't hate Barton (I'm not a fan of the revisionism that happens when a player leaves the club, but that's for another thread) but I'm not going to bum him either. I'm somewhere inbetween - I appreciate his contribution last season, realise we've lost a fantastic footballer but I'm relieved the circus that follows him no longer has its tent pitched in Newcastle. I've no doubt that financal gain motivated him but then who wouldn't be swayed by tens of thousands of pounds extra? I do think he'd have preferred to stay here but he was never going to be a favourite of those running the place, especially not after he had it out with Llambias when Hughton was sacked.

My ire is once again reserved for those in charge of the club. He's a great footballer who we've given away to a rival for no other reason than those in charge have misplaced their copy of Football Ownership for Dummies. Sell him for a fee? Fine. Let him leave for free? Utterly mental.

Sums it up perfectly.

The second paragraph cannot be underestimated. There's absolutely no justifcation whatsoever for him being let go for nothing.

Llambias & Ashley have let personal irk get in the way of a simple business decision.

Utter, utter madness!

Given how vociferious you've been Stevie, you're clearly pissed off he's gone. To that end, do you not think that they should have offered him a deal this summer or at the very least, demanded a transfer fee?

He's left here for absolutely sweet fuck all and that's one thing he cannot be blamed for.

Completely agree with you, the lies and the spin from both sides have been sickening but they've cut their nose off to spite their face. It boils down to the toon being the stubborn arseholes they are, and McKay and Barton being greedy manipulative arseholes, that really is that.

Anybody who thinks pardew fought to keep him is a fucking idiot, IMO. Its not in the spineless bastards nature to be anything other than a lackey for the FCB.

Obertan a replacement? Fast headless chicken. I've seen plenty of those over the years.

As has been said, get as angry as you want at him and try to push off as much blame as possible on him (and that will assuredly be the club's PR spin), but the brutal facts remain: we have let a key player go for free to a divisional rival for no reason other than Fat Mike's petulance at being criticised.

If they'd given Barton a contract, he would've stayed. If they were bound and determined not to, they should've demanded a fee, which QPR would likely have paid. This is another catastrophic stroke of idiocy from Fat Mike and Diamond Dekka and anyone who says otherwise is, plain and simple, an idiot or a troll.

Stevie was very angry with Enrique for leaving as well, but I know you rated him as a CL quality fullback didn't you Stevie? So maybe that has made you more angry that he's left. I don't hold grudges against players unless they really disrespect the fans and haven't put a shift in for the team while they were here. Ultimately they've gone now, and it's up to the current board to replace them. It doesn't look as though we've made strong attempts to do so.

Forget about Barton now, he's history. Question is, is Obertan his replacement? Because that's quite a downgrade if so.

Certainly looks that way atm.

Joey manipulated this situation but only when the door was shut in his face. I remember him saying last season that he'd sign a new deal if Nolan did. I think theyve both tried to keep the fans onside but at the end of the day they both left for more money than they wouldve got if theyd stayed and sucked it up, and both gone to (smaller) clubs they'll never feel the same way about as they seemingly do about us. More non local ex players eulogise about the support at NUFC than at any other club I can think of. Mick Quinn almost had an on air row with Adrian Durham once when he questioned Quinn's claim that we were "a special club" They don't fuckin understand, Quinny and countless others who have done well for us do, but in this day and age money talks and loyalty walks. We're the only truly loyal ones.

'Pards', odious gobshite that he is, reckoned Obertan is Routledge's replacement.

Cabaye is meant to be Nolan's replacement, so who does that make Barton's replacement?

And when are the morons upstairs going to realise that "1 in, 1 out" is not good enough?

I screw on Mike Ashley.

I screw on Alan Pardew.

I screw on Derek Llambias.

These f*cking bastards have 5 days for a LB, a midfielder and a striker :icon_lol:

Sorry...

Edited by malcolmdj

So hang on, Obertan is his replacement is he? Hmmmmn.....

So. You give away the superior player only to pay £3.25M for his inferior replacement?

And this is beneficial to NUFC because...........?

Where is Nick from Poland when you want his opinion?

Edited by Howmanheyman

So hang on, Obertan is his replacement is he? Hmmmmn.....

So. You give away the superior player only to pay £3.25M for his inferior replacement?

And this is beneficial to NUFC because...........?

Where is Nick from Poland when you want his opinion?

I don'think it's gonna be a huge problem, we still have left 5-6 players on the right wing (Obertan, Ben-Arfa, Guthrie, Gooseling, Jonas, even Ryan Taylor). I'm more worried how this transfer is gonna affect the team morale, players must be stunned watching the practically most stupid and meaningless transfer ever taking place right before their eyes.

I can understand the anger at him leaving, but people taking it out on the player and telling him to "fuck off you greedy scouse cunt" is ridiculous. All these people rail at the current regime, and yet when a player, who had it confirmed by the owners that he has no future at the club, decides to leave it's all his fault. He should have stayed for the fans, and all that shite.

Even if you basically thought it would be nice if he stayed, in the real world that was a hugely unlikely situation, and you can't rip into him for NOT making a business decision with his heart.

Look through the anger, and find some logic.

Remember when Hughton was sacked,The interview after the Liverpool game?

Remember the barely concealed contempt from Barton and Nolan in the post match interview?

How odd that both have now gone.

Writing was on the wall right there , with hindsight.

Can't find a clip, but here's what was said

Clicky

Edited by Monkeys Fist