Barton signs for QPR

KeithJ

Players under the wage cap....get a new contract in order to ensure a good price if anyone comes knocking.

Anyone exeeding or asking to go above the cap....go the journey....for nowt if needs be.

Not taking the piss...nor am I justifying it, but blatantly how it is.

Exactly.

Very disappointed Joey has gone. In fact, no, scratch that. I'm fuckin fuming. Not at the player but at the fucking imbeciles who are trying (and failing big style) to run the club!

Who's next?

If we should believe Joey, everybody with ambitions is next.

Yeah, he's shown ambition by joining QPR, ambition to fatten his wallet. Looked miserable as fuck on T.V., guess he's pissed the only side that came in for him are odds on for the drop

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think QPR will go down btw, I reckon Loftus Rd will be a big advantage to them. Shitty little ground, fans close to the pitch, small playing area. Some better teams will bottle it and it'll work well in their favour.

Players under the wage cap....get a new contract in order to ensure a good price if anyone comes knocking.

Anyone exeeding or asking to go above the cap....go the journey....for nowt if needs be.

Exactly.

Very disappointed Joey has gone. In fact, no, scratch that. I'm fuckin fuming. Not at the player but at the fucking imbeciles who are trying (and failing big style) to run the club!

Who's next?

Yeah, he's shown ambition by joining QPR, ambition to fatten his wallet. Looked miserable as fuck on T.V., guess he's pissed the only side that came in for him are odds on for the drop

He only knocked back a wage cut at Newcastle. How far should a player go to not be a greedy bastard? Play for free?

barton and swp are good buys for them tbf. two experienced players with premiership quality. both would be in our first team. tony fernandes seems keen to splash a bit more cash before the window shuts too. i reckon they'll be alright.

barton and swp are good buys for them tbf. two experienced players with premiership quality. both would be in our first team. tony fernandes seems keen to splash a bit more cash before the window shuts too. i reckon they'll be alright.

Barton and SWP play in the same position though.

Barton said himself he's a central midfielder

It's not his best position though.

To be fair Joey's best position was holding his ankles for Big John in the prison showers....

Exactly.

Who's next?

He only knocked back a wage cut at Newcastle. How far should a player go to not be a greedy bastard? Play for free?

Not saying that but both him and Nolan have moved for money. Jose believes he will be playing champions league so moved for footballing reasons, which I can understand

Exactly.

Who's next?

Not saying that but both him and Nolan have moved for money. Jose believes he will be playing champions league so moved for footballing reasons, which I can understand

They all move for money. It's not the only reason as you point out, but it's right up there. I don't see anything wrong with that, prof footballers are all basically mercenaries anyway. If someone offered me a few extra grand to join their company I'd be off like a shot, especially if I didn't feel wanted or appreciated by my bosses. Doubly so if they tried to get me to take a pay cut into the bargain.

It wouldn't/won't matter if he's adequately replaced.

Barton said himself he's a central midfielder

It's not his best position though.

I disagree. He was different class when he played there for City

He was back then. But he had the legs to play in the centre of the park.

Can you imagine he had gone to the knackers instead?

JOEY BARTON turned down a move to Sunderland – as a mark of respect to the Toon Army.

Barton – whose transfer prompted a mixed reaction from Toon fans – admitted he had had more than one offer but refused to name the clubs involved.

However, he did say: “It would not be prudent to name names but if I had gone there I would probably have been lynched!”

The Chronicle understands Black Cats boss Steve Bruce was keen to sign the Scouser.

The under-fire ex-Manchester United captain telephoned Barton during derby week only to be told thanks but no thanks. Barton was instead unveiled by Queens Park Rangers and is now in line to make his debut for the London club against Newcastle next month.

A source close to Barton revealed what would have been an explosive transfer.

He told the Chronicle: “Steve Bruce phoned Joey a few days before the derby.

“Joey said thanks for the offer, but no chance.

“It was nothing against Brucey. He just did not want to sign for a rival club – Joey will never forget this club or the fans.”

Barton is also believed to have turned down a bigger wage offer from the Wearsiders in favour of QPR.

When asked about other clubs, Barton said: “There were other clubs interested.

“I am not going to air everybody’s dirty laundry.

“Some of them I could do and some I could not.

• 2 weeks later...