Scunthorpe United v Newcastle United

CleeToonFan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit reffing in that match, kak first half from us but to be fair Scunny made an effort when pushed. Still, the whole thing just highlighted how many positions we have filled with players that make do.

A legend was born today. Take a bow son. :icon_lol:

That moment of magic aside, that was 120 minutes of utter, utter dirge. I expect we'll hear loads of shite now from Pardew and his mouthpieces on here about team spirit or squad depth or some crap, but that was desperate. Papering over the cracks isn't even in it.

We need new strikers (plural.) Best is truly terrible, Lovenkrands is finished, Ba is suspect but may still be settling in, and Shola is Shola. These ones aren't good enough.

Abysmal first half, entertaining from then on. Krul had a fantastic game, kept us in it in particular with that save from the Coloccini deflection.

A lot of poor signs particularly in relation to Gosling and Ba. Best scored a legitimate goal but was extremely wasteful otherwise. Lovenkrands was at best ok in tiny spells but otherwise was anonymous out there. Marveaux had a go and will really benefit from having other attack minded players inside him to work off - I'm thinking HBA there. Vuckic and in particular Sameobi looked dangerous when they came on, not afraid to take on their players then put dangerous balls into the area.

Vukic looks like he is slower than Lee Clark

Aye I was thinking that. He knocked the ball past their centre half at one point and looked like he was running in wellies to get past him.

Slow to get going or change direction I think because of the size of him, decent pace once he gets going.

So that's up front, left back and the centre of the park where we've looked weak. Yay

Funnily enough, all those positions relate to the key positions/players we've foolishly sold. :icon_lol:

EDIT: of course, that might have been your point (if im giving you the benefit of the doubt) :razz: I have had a couple of bottles of wine though :icon_lol:

You have to hope Ba just needs to settle in and has the quality to improve. Best, Lovenkrands and Strola Ameobi we know all about, so no surprises there.

You sometimes have to wonder how people at the club don't see it. Does Rapey's heart give a little thrill as he sees the three of them blunder about in training, spooning the ball wide and over the bar? What's the point of Lovenkrands? And how does Strola still not know the offside rule after 12 years of professional football?

Hey ho, at least we won...

Now Charlton have lodged an official complaint about an illegal approach for Elliot. FFS.

Ah who gives a shite.

On it's own sure. But in the context of everything - why even be talking to a goal keeper? All resources should be working on filling the positions where we have no one or no depth. Instead they're out chancing their arm looking for bargains and doing so illegally.