12 days to get a left back and striker in

Holden McGroin

Will we do it?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more thease days roll to the end the less likely it is we will sign any more players

As each day goes by, other clubs sqeeze LardAsh's pips that bit more. The more they squeeze, the more likely he is to say "Fak it, we'll go wiv wot we've got. I'm not doin bizniz wiv deez cahnts."

Apparently we've given up on this Maiga lad, and turned our attention to Nolan Roux instead, who is probably shit.

Anyway if he signs, his name should be chanted to the tune of Abba's Voulez Vous, complete with "AHA!"s. You heard it here first.

I'm struggling to remember a shitter transfer window. Remember that one where we panic bought sibierski on the final day? This place was seething. Tbh, you'd jump at a player like le sib now.

Apparently we've given up on this Maiga lad, and turned our attention to Nolan Roux instead, who is probably shit.

Anyway if he signs, his name should be chanted to the tune of Abba's Voulez Vous, complete with "AHA!"s. You heard it here first.

I was thinking along the lines of:

No more carefree laughter

Relegation after

Walking through the empty streets, tears in my eyes

Here is where the story ends, he's not Cabaye

Nolan Roux, Nolan Roux (ah-haa)

He's the best we can do

Edited by The Fish

Guest Your Name Here
We'll be getting Carlton Cole.

If I had to put money on one player coming through the door over the next week it’d be Carlton Cole, probably on loan.

We’ve had seven months to use some of the Carroll money to bring in a decent striker. Drawing up a list of alternative targets at this stage is a joke/con.

Edited by Your Name Here

i can see where going to get west ham rejects we have demba ba now it looks like carlton cole great

It'll be said by the Club that 'They've worked together in the past, which will prove a real benefit'.

I'm struggling to remember a shitter transfer window. Remember that one where we panic bought sibierski on the final day? This place was seething. Tbh, you'd jump at a player like le sib now.

Didn't we get Duff in that transfer window as well? That was at least a little bit exciting.

4 games since we lost Enrique with no replacement. About 30 for Carroll. Our fit first team defenders = Raylor, Saylor, Colo, Simpson & Perch.

This makes the point best for me. Nicely put.

Ignoring who's left (as I think they were always going for reasons I've stated elsewhere), looking at the anatomy of the team and who has come in, the defence and attack has just been ignored. It might turn out we've made some decent additions to the midfield, but they don't plug the holes in defence and attack. If that remains unaddressed by September 1st it's a massive shit sandwich and whatever way it's spun to the press they can fuck right off.

Indeed even if we did some business at the stroke of midnight, to have even gone into the first three league matches of the season with the defence and attack personnel we have done is unjustifiable in my view, irrespective of what the eventual points tally might be.

First it was "before the USA tour" (and what a fantastic experience that was :icon_lol:), then after, then before the season starts, then before the transfer window closes.

Next it'll be "in January", and still the morons on here will eat it up. This is classic Ashley bullshit, the same he's been spewing since the Hull game after Keegan walked. "End of the week/window/season" etc.

I think Pieters will come in at the eleventh hour, but there'll be no striker and absolutely no further mention of the Carroll money. Pardew will try to pretend like it doesn't exist and never did, and we'll hear more in December and January about how we're trying to get players in but finances are so tight, etc etc.

Agreed. Complete stupidity. Points are at stake all season long. It's not like they didn't know either Carroll or Enrique would be leaving. Rapey knew that Barton was likely on the way out for a few weeks now too(against his wishes?).

He's asked to be judged on Sept 1st, but what's the fucking point? He's already covering his arse saying he just identifies the players he wants and sends Derek to go get them. Looking likely we'll end up with nobody.

Tbf anyone that was in a position at a prospective selling club, whereby you were the one that had to deal with Llambias, as soon as you saw the slimey little gimp you'd ask him to leave the premises immediately . *

He's just got 'one of those faces'

* Irrespective of knowing or not knowing in advance where he was from, or why he sought to waste your time requesting a fucking meeting with you in the first place .

Let's not forget that the way the club has conducted itself with regards to Joey Barton (irrespective of who you truly blame) we've hardly made a glowing advertisment for potential new recruits.

I personally had high hopes we'd be doing a really clever signing with all the time we've had "covering every angle" in this case... but no...

What good strikers can you see Newcastle have a slight chance of signing in a 4 day period?

I personally had high hopes we'd be doing a really clever signing with all the time we've had "covering every angle" in this case... but no...

What good strikers can you see Newcastle have a slight chance of signing in a 4 day period?

i'd say none