QPR v NUFC - Monday 12th September. Live on Sky (8pm kick-off)

Tooj

I'd be disappointed if we don't take 3 points from this.

I can see Barton firing himself up for this massively, but with him playing in the centre we have enough in Tiote and Cabaye to counter this threat.

We also need to exploit their left side as much as possible, as we know Taarabt does nothing defensively, so there should be plenty of space for us to operate in.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Barton firing himself up for this massively, but with him playing in the centre we have enough in Tiote and Cabaye to counter this threat.

We also need to exploit their left side as much as possible, as we know Taarabt does nothing defensively, so there should be plenty of space for us to operate in.

Should get the win, but reckon we might end up with a 0-0 or 1-1 type draw.

Would be nice to see Barton blow up in this one on his home debut and get sent off. Or better still, not blow up and get sent off unjustly.

Transfer window's closed without any real business and the (minor in our case) incentive to play for your place has now disappeared. QPR on the other hand have new recruits who will be fired up and the established players will be looking over their shoulders. Should be a win for us but I think it'll end a draw.

I can see him getting sent off as they go one down. :D

I think Barton will be fired up and that will be his downfall as when he was captain last season. He was so determined to win he ran around like a headless chicken and constantly berating his team mates! If they go one down, expect him to start piling in with tackles.

I think Barton will be fired up and that will be his downfall as when he was captain last season. He was so determined to win he ran around like a headless chicken and constantly berating his team mates! If they go one down, expect him to start piling in with tackles.

We've had a great start & everyone was expecting Fulham to be the game that brought us back down to earth but I don't think QPR have the quality, in addition to this I think Cabaye gives us a bit more consistency & fight.

If this was at SJP I would expect us to beat them, I'm not sure if Loftus road has the kind of atmosphere that would turn the tables too dramatically.

At first, I think it will be tight because Barton can pretty much draw up the game tactics on his own. But on the other hand, our midfield is so much stronger, and a good solid back line at the moment.

So I could see us giving them a hiding, and then Barton getting pissed and getting shown red.

I'm going to go with a 3-1 to the Toon.

Can't wait, international breaks suck. Wait all summer, and then 3 games in theres a break ffs

If Warnock plays the newbies, half of their team won't have played together before. Hopefully we'll have enough in our locker to get the 3 points, first goal will be key I reckon. 2-1 to us.

I can see Joey getting sent off for sure. He won't be able to help himself, especially if they go behind.

Confident we can win.

The real question is who will Joey punch/push/have a scrap with. I'm going Saylor.

This should be an interesting match and frankly it can't come soon enough. Waiting until Monday is a little annoying. Hopefully we see an improvement from Tiote and a solid debut for Santon.

I reckon Barton will be fairly restrained tbh. The last folk he wants to piss off in his righteous quest will be Newcastle fans.

Like the mackem and Fulham games we bucked the trend so I'm going to stay with my logical thinking i.e. it all points to a win for us so therefore (NUFC tradition dictates) we will lose.

2 - 1 to them.