Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hate to see Lovenkrands and Obertan start like.

Not what I was saying but in about 20 mins they've contributed far more than Shola and Sinead O'Connor did in the past 3 games.

Best scored to win the points against QPR, and Shola's had 2 assists in 4 games.

Not that I like either starting.

I did laugh that after scoring his goal he got the ball again down the wing, and then did a typical Obertan thing and 'delivered' a cross that didn't even beat the defender who was about 2 metres in front of him :lol:

You might all disagree, but I think he could have potential to be a forward with that pace. Or at least, be used in that position from the bench from time to time. If Cabaye/Ba/Ben Arfa can use the ball, he has incredible pace and would be Oba Martins-eque playing on the last defender. Just a thought

It was a canny finish but he's not a striker, Blackburn were pushing far up the pitch and we caught them very quickly on the break with their furthest back defender stood on the halfway line. Obertan is quick but he's shit we've all seen enough of him, he could probably do a job for us coming on in situations like this where we need to alleviate pressure on the defence and the opposition is pushing up. It's all moot anyway as from all the things I've been hearing this Cisse lad is very pacy.

his reaction to scoring was a funny one like. you'd think he'd be pumping the air. looked a but nonplussed tbh

well you should score in that circumstance, he had a long time to think about it on the way and stay calm

It was a canny finish but he's not a striker, Blackburn were pushing far up the pitch and we caught them very quickly on the break with their furthest back defender stood on the halfway line. Obertan is quick but he's shit we've all seen enough of him, he could probably do a job for us coming on in situations like this where we need to alleviate pressure on the defence and the opposition is pushing up. It's all moot anyway as from all the things I've been hearing this Cisse lad is very pacy.

His perfect situation wasnt it. Sprint in a forward line, shoot!

You might all disagree, but I think he could have potential to be a forward with that pace. Or at least, be used in that position from the bench from time to time. If Cabaye/Ba/Ben Arfa can use the ball, he has incredible pace and would be Oba Martins-eque playing on the last defender. Just a thought

I'd rather have him up front than Shola or Best. I tell you how shit they are I scored a goal the neet that neither of them could have. Fact. It is a fact as well.

his reaction to scoring was a funny one like. you'd think he'd be pumping the air. looked a but nonplussed tbh

I think he's one of those people who go through life with that expression permanently....like Napoleon Dynamite without the hair

Thought he was good today. Hopefully that goal had transformed him. Never thought I'd say this, but hope he starts the next game.

What fucking game were you watching?

He was abysmal.