Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

CPS described him as "an opportunistic predator" *shiver*

Really shocked by this , actually erodes some faith in humanity to a degree for me .

5live played a montage of his stuff from IAKO to football commentary and being a child of the 70's he's been a constant like Savile was which adds to the discomfort . Rotten bastard .

His defence lawyer said they were one-off incidents - all thirteen of them.

Can't use "nobody asked their ages in those days" when it comes to nine year olds.

Thing is as well you see him as a little old man in the pictures, but this was a 37 year old doing this. Not only that but it seems a lot of these kids were kids of his friends.

Sounds a bit like he's agreed to these charges to get out of the rape charge.

Disgusting if he escapes jail.

His solicitor claiming he is "of otherwise exemplary character" ffs. :lol:

"Come on guys... We've all made mistakes! Doesn't make him a bad person."

Also the investigation has been a "particularly bitter blow at this stage in his career". Aye I'd imagine being sexually assaulted at the age of 9 was a bit of a blow too. Shut this arsehole up.

Spoke to Bill Roache through work, he was a really nice bloke.

Did everyone else highlight this post to see if there was a hidden punchline, or was it just me?

I'd be satisfied if it were unearthed that Coronation Street was a den of Paedophiles and the whole thing got canned, but that's just because I hate the fucking show and it's audience.

By the way CT, comedy snob The Fish spent a lot of yesterday copying and pasting your Jimmy Savile jokes onto his Facebook. ;)

As if they're his