Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

It would please me if Rantzen was implicated - she's said several times that all men are "suspects" when it comes to abuse and should never be fully trusted with kids - forgetting that a lot of of the time there will be women involved turning a blind eye.

Aye watching that big toothed cunt crying on that documentary, when she was watching the women tell their stories of what he did to them, and then at the end of it she basically goes "The jury is no longer out. The rumours were true."

Don't sit and cry, you twat. You knew he was a fiddler and you did nothing. Outrageous.

He should have moved to Spain, age of consent there is 13 !!!!!! (14 in Germany, 15 France). We're a bit of an outlier at 16 in Europe, which surprises me.

Maybe the illegality is the thrill rather than the age - as young looking sixteen year olds would have satisfied simple lust (though still creepy as fuck of course).

Maybe the illegality is the thrill rather than the age - as young looking sixteen year olds would have satisfied simple lust (though still creepy as fuck of course).

He undoubtedly became a serious sexual predator, but I doubt it started like that. Rantzen's right to a point, it was a different time, Radio one DJ's were THE celebrity, hard to explain or provide a contemporary example, there were 6-8 blokes who were gods to just about every young girl/woman in the country. Bigger than footballers or even the pop stars themselves. They'd have had young girls/women throwing themselves at them all the time and I doubt many of them turned it down. They'll all be shitting it now though. Savile took it to a different level, maybe he couldn't stop as he got older and it wasn't on a plate anymore so he became the predator or maybe he just felt "entitled".

I'll be amazed if there's not follow up stories about other DJ's and they'll be labelled "fiddlers" but they won't have been anything like Saville, but did they screw young women, at the peak of their celebrity, you bet they did, but those young women will have been more than willing at the time.

He undoubtedly became a serious sexual predator, but I doubt it started like that. Rantzen's right to a point, it was a different time, Radio one DJ's were THE celebrity, hard to explain or provide a contemporary example, there were 6-8 blokes who were gods to just about every young girl/woman in the country. Bigger than footballers or even the pop stars themselves. They'd have had young girls/women throwing themselves at them all the time and I doubt many of them turned it down. They'll all be shitting it now though. Savile took it to a different level, maybe he couldn't stop as he got older and it wasn't on a plate anymore so he became the predator or maybe he just felt "entitled".

I'll be amazed if there's not follow up stories about other DJ's and they'll be labelled "fiddlers" but they won't have been anything like Saville, but did they screw young women, at the peak of their celebrity, you bet they did, but those young women will have been more than willing at the time.

Are footballers not held in the same high regard by some young females these days? The lasses that go out of a Friday - Saturday night, dressed to look older so they can get in clubs and get pissed up? Makes you wonder.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

John Peel admited to some dodgy liaisons - I think he marrried a 15 year old in the states.

I know sometimes its not right to define "degrees" of evil in cases like this but celebs acting like celebs like you say (and the likes of Led Zep etc) having the odd groupie while definitely wrong is different to a bloke in his 40s/50s and more showing lasses from approved schools (and therefore probablly "broken") around the BBC and expecting them to be okay with "paying" for their nice day out as has been described which is about the worst it can get in my view.

From the cover up pov it probably ranges from those who heard rumours to those who actually saw him leading them into his dressing room - the latter fuckers should be shot with shit.

Are footballers not held in the same high regard by some young females these days? The lasses that go out of a Friday - Saturday night, dressed to look older so they can get in clubs and get pissed up? Makes you wonder.

Footballers I guess are similar these days, but the status of radio one DJ's in its heyday was unreal, there's loads of footballers but there were only 8 or so radio one DJ's in the whole country with attendant nationwide "worship", radio one was "it" for music, in truth there was bugger all else, three tv channels and radio one. I wouldn't be surprised if the road shows weren't conceived or set up so they could get their "kicks" around the country.

Footballers I guess are similar these days, but the status of radio one DJ's in its heyday was unreal, there's loads of footballers but there were only 8 or so radio one DJ's in the whole country with attendant nationwide "worship", radio one was "it" for music, in truth there was bugger all else, three tv channels and radio one. I wouldn't be surprised if the road shows weren't conceived or set up so they could get their "kicks" around the country.

Also Radio one road shows would have been a lot easier for lasses of that age to attend then the usual club life of a footballer - I think they also DJed at more sort of family/kids type discos.

Also Radio one road shows would have been a lot easier for lasses of that age to attend then the usual club life of a footballer - I think they also DJed at more sort of family/kids type discos.

Gambuccini was saying this morning on 5Lve that Savile "didn't even know how to work the board" and basically insinuating he was n't even a dj strictly speaking . A complete hoax of a 'man' for decades by all accounts .

I used to get him to voice over commercials for me when I was in marketing.

£500 quid a pop.

I would be in a studio in Newcastle, him in London and he would "tune up" by reading the front page story of the Times in the style of a sofa advert!

He was brilliant.

500 quid for a couple of minutes !? Thatslivinalrifht .

He seems a rather deep-thinking chap.

Did you hear/have you heard his interview from this morning with Nicky Campbell ?

It was like a massively cathartic outpouring and I'm sure he knows a lot more .

I watched back Entwistle earlier having recorded the live broadcast from bbc news .

Im of the opinion he's very much a puppet and this is deeper than whale shit .

I would agree this will get MUCH deeper, Savile (I would hope) is the outlier but the culture “at the time” will undoubtedly come under scrutiny.

I have a good friend who was/is a pro comedian, he (and his “troupe”) appeared on The Comedians show in the early 70’s and from that their agent was approached by a producer about a TV series for them, obviously they were “interested”. Agent went for it and started negotiating the deal.

Deal was all but done and the agent came to them and said as much BUT there’s a “condition”, the condition (as stated by the agent) was “one of you will have to drop your trousers for the producer”.

They refused and “another offer will come along” but it never did, and they remained club circuit. My mate always says, “I wonder what all those who did get famous in the 70’s had to do”

The old casting couch in operation.

Bearing in mind that “at the time” being gay was illegal and if even that was as brazen in the 70’s as in my mates tale, the heterosexual side of the coin must have been at least just as rampant, I would reckon.

There’s laws to protect folks these days, there weren’t then. Even in my own working life (late 70’s), the culture of what’s sexual harassment these days was just office high jinks in those days, (at work no-one would think nowt of patting a nice lasses/woman’s backside if they were bent over for example, cue squeal/”hey man” and laughter all round, and btw the women gave as good as they got an all). Given that was “the culture” in a “normal” working environment, goodness knows what the culture was in “celebrity/TV/Radio world”.

[wolfy disclaimer]I'm not trying to suggest anything here, just stating my opinion[/wolfy disclaimer]

A lot of people are coming forward anonymously/not so anonymously and giving their Jimmy Savile stories...now I'm not doubting molestation took place which it undoubtedly has, but it seems that there are a fair few bogus stories about catching him in on the act.

The anonymous musician this morning who claimed he walked in on Savile having sex with a 12-13 year old, and rather than reporting it he asked where the studio was before going home and telling his parents. Utter bollocks like. Same with Julie Fernandez suddenly realising Savile was 'molesting' her in front of an entire group of people when she was on Jim'll Fix iT.

I'm really struggling to understand just how a man could cause so much pain to so many people and it simply be swept under the carpet. My gut reaction is that the likes of Julie Fernandez are only deciding now that they were abused when it could well be the case they just don't remember correctly and their view has been coloured by the recent speculation and lid blowing. Could this be a reason nothing was done at the time of actual molestation - it was simply too much to comprehend?

Now Gambaccini seems to have brought necrophilia into the ongoing allegations, this whole affair is one total and utter abhorrent mess. I can't understand how with all this seemingly overwhelming evidence the man was given a knighthood - surely if any allegation of rape etc would be looked at before such an honour is bestowed upon an individual?

I hope all the internal investigations lead to convictions because this is a horrific coverup to have taken place. Truly horrific. I truly hope it's been swept under the rug because people have deemed it to be too unlikely, because if conscious decisions have been made to protect Savile then it's just inhuman.