Stoke City Vs. Newcastle United

loonyTOON

I know he hasn't stood out as much as last season but I think we'll struggle without Tiote (presuming he isn't risked). One of the reasons we've done so well is him and Cabaye in the middle mean we've been able to control most games so far.

I agree completely. Cabaye will have to take a lot of responsibility tonight. I assume he will sit deeper and Guthrie will take Cabaye's usual role. I'm not really comfortable with that but it's the best we can do. Abeid is not ready to start in a game like this. Gosling won't fit the bill.

My biggest fear is that Alan Smith will play a part.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he hasn't stood out as much as last season but I think we'll struggle without Tiote (presuming he isn't risked). One of the reasons we've done so well is him and Cabaye in the middle mean we've been able to control most games so far.

I said the same myself in another thread the other day and I think Wednesday proved it. Guthrie actually came in and did ok but without doubt the midfield looked a lot weaker.

I think we'll struggle tonight. Even if Taylor is playing I can't see him being 100% which we really need against these and I think Pennant and Etherington will give Raylor and Simpson a right roasting.

Official Lineup:

Krul

Simp, Taylor w/ Mask, Skipper, Taylor w/o Mask

Obertan, Guthrie, Cabaye, Spiderman

Best, Ba

Subs: Elliot, Santon, he whose last name begins with P, Marveaux, Gosling, Barfa, Sameobi

Barfa on as an impact sub seems like a good idea, he has done better in that roll and it's probably a better policy until he's fully fit. Put him on with Marveaux when the time comes, their trickery will come in handy during a match like this. And, please, Pardew, DON'T PLAY PERCH!

Official Lineup: Krul Simp, Taylor w/ Mask, Skipper, Taylor w/o Mask Obertan, Guthrie, Cabaye, Spiderman Best, Ba Subs: Elliot, Santon, he whose last name begins with P, Marveaux, Gosling, Barfa, Sameobi Barfa on as an impact sub seems like a good idea, he has done better in that roll and it's probably a better policy until he's fully fit. Put him on with Marveaux when the time comes, their trickery will come in handy during a match like this. And, please, Pardew, DON'T PLAY PERCH!

Not convinced he has tbh. Think he prefers baguettes anyway.

Edited by RobH

Marveaux still can't get in the team ahead of Obertan?

Shame I was starting to think Pards was a half decent manager.

played better as a sub v wigan than as a starter against blackburn, there was a lot of turning back onto his left and passing back to the fullback, similar to obertan tbh

Official Lineup: Krul Simp, Taylor w/ Mask, Skipper, Taylor w/o Mask Obertan, Guthrie, Cabaye, Spiderman Best, Ba Subs: Elliot, Santon, he whose last name begins with P, Marveaux, Gosling, Barfa, Sameobi Barfa on as an impact sub seems like a good idea, he has done better in that roll and it's probably a better policy until he's fully fit. Put him on with Marveaux when the time comes, their trickery will come in handy during a match like this. And, please, Pardew, DON'T PLAY PERCH!

I guess it's still a small sample size, given how few games he's played since his return, or few the toon as a whole. Didn't he have a bad game in our carling cup outing though? Hard to know whether that was due to fatigue, or if he was just having a day.

NO KADAR AND FERGUSON :suicide:

Seriously - drop Obertan and Simpson already. I hope it doesn't take a loss tonight for Pardew to see the light.

Agreed completely, dont see why we have to lose before he improves our team. Only thought I can think of is they're injury prone, and as such Pardew wants to keep Simpson/Obertan on until someone gets injured and it solves his problem for him.

I guess it's still a small sample size, given how few games he's played since his return, or few the toon as a whole. Didn't he have a bad game in our carling cup outing though? Hard to know whether that was due to fatigue, or if he was just having a day.

I actually think it was the right choice for this game tbf. However I think he'd be wasted on the bench in the long term.