Andy Carroll

KeithJ

from the grauniad

The Mill, let's be honest, has never been a fussy purveyor of tittle-tattle. Standards? They're something you pick up to read on the tube. So when, on days such as today, we happen across a gossip-vacuum, the tabloids full of Cheryl Cole's shoes and X-Factor frippery rather than good, honest football speculation, we have no problem digging into the wacky tin-foil-hatted parts of the web for our daily dose of transfer intrigue.

Which is why we can report that Liverpool are considering a swap deal that would see Andy Carroll heading back to Newcastle in exchange for Cheick Tioté. Kenny Dalglish wants Tioté to fill in for the injured Lucas Leiva and is prepared to send his pony-tailed wardrobe back to St James' Park in exchange.

it's the Guardian ffs.

Now if it was the Mail

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the grauniad

The Mill, let's be honest, has never been a fussy purveyor of tittle-tattle. Standards? They're something you pick up to read on the tube. So when, on days such as today, we happen across a gossip-vacuum, the tabloids full of Cheryl Cole's shoes and X-Factor frippery rather than good, honest football speculation, we have no problem digging into the wacky tin-foil-hatted parts of the web for our daily dose of transfer intrigue.

Which is why we can report that Liverpool are considering a swap deal that would see Andy Carroll heading back to Newcastle in exchange for Cheick Tioté. Kenny Dalglish wants Tioté to fill in for the injured Lucas Leiva and is prepared to send his pony-tailed wardrobe back to St James' Park in exchange.

It was rated as a none starter by a few NE journo's last week. Make of that what you will.

He's absolutely pap Henderson, I've never seen a more average player in all me life, he does absolutely nowt

:lol: Aye anytime I saw him he barely done anything, for £20m I'd want a midfielder that can control the midfield Henderson was/is nowhere near being capable of that and tbh doesn't look like he ever will be. £3m-5m tops for a player like that it's not hard to be the midfield stand out when your partner is Lee Cattermole ffs.

Edit: still laughable he has an England cap too.

Edited by Howay

I honestly dont get how anyone in their right mind would spend £20 Million on him. We robbed Liverpool of £35 Million for Carroll but thats cos he actually has potential and can go onto to be an amazing striker. To me he's one of the worst CM's in the Prem, he's got absolutely nowt about him, I'd rather have Karl Henry he's that bad.

He's got a great engine on him but doesn't have the ability (yet at least) to impose himself on games in the PL. Not sure he ever will tbh as I think it could be shades of Jenas, i.e. more to do with mentality. Not that he has the talent of Jenas mind. It doesn't help that 'King Kenny' keeps playing him right midfield either. I thought Downing was doing ok though.

Theres just nowt special about him that would make you think he's worth £20 million or ever will be worth £20 million, he's just got no standout traits or abilities apart from running about with a massive jaw.

Downing who i thinks a decent player definitely hasnt lived up to his £19 million price tag, theyve got nothing out of that deal yet, although i do think he'll come alright but Carrolls form relating to his price tag has totally overshadowed wahat a total non-event those two signings have been for Liverpool

If Benitez or Woy had spunked that much money on what are generally fairly average players or decent players underperforming they would have been getting endless stick for it. Even Suarez only has 4 goals this season.

That's because he's victimised and gets no protection, bless him ;)

Maybe this is it :

Andy Carroll will pick up a staggering £150,000 loyalty bonus from Liverpool next month despite making only 13 starts since his £35million move from Newcastle.

Carroll negotiated the windfall, which will be paid in each year of his contract at Anfield, when he signed last January.

The 22-year-old striker, who has scored only four times for his new club, has a deal worth £60,000 a week basic but he is also paid an additional £10,000 for his image rights and a further £5,000 for each appearance.

He is also entitled to a salary increase if he plays in more than 60 per cent of Liverpool's matches this season. That appears unlikely after Carroll's failure to earn an automatic place in Kenny Dalglish's side.

Edited by Barney

Maybe this is it :

Andy Carroll will pick up a staggering £150,000 loyalty bonus from Liverpool next month despite making only 13 starts since his £35million move from Newcastle.

Carroll negotiated the windfall, which will be paid in each year of his contract at Anfield, when he signed last January.

The 22-year-old striker, who has scored only four times for his new club, has a deal worth £60,000 a week basic but he is also paid an additional £10,000 for his image rights and a further £5,000 for each appearance.

He is also entitled to a salary increase if he plays in more than 60 per cent of Liverpool's matches this season. That appears unlikely after Carroll's failure to earn an automatic place in Kenny Dalglish's side.

Aye, that was it

If the daft cunt isn't putting a shift in during training and is out on the piss too frequently, then he takes responsibility too.

That's the problem with Carroll and the risk Liverpool took. He "could" be an excellent player but the downside to that is just as likely, simply because of the way he is.

Money wise he's "made it" without really making it in the football sense. Still gets into scrapes in Liverpool and has to "looked after" about by all accounts. He couldn't stay out of bother up here before he was a "star", if the light hasn't gone on by now, likely it won't.